Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
JVV Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi guys I am new in the forum, but have started practicing Photoreading for a couple days now. I have read the Photoreading book, but I have a question about the steps. I guess it would be better to give you a little background: I am a medical intern, reading you guess it...medical books. I am photoreading them by chapter, doing all the steps.

After I am done with the Photoreading step, it is said to wait 24 hrs to activate (I am doing this by superreading and dipping) and lastly to speed read it. Here are my questions:

1- Can I switch the steps maybe speed read before the activation step (superreading and dipping)

2-How many times should I repeat the Photoreading steps for a chapter, do I start from step 1 (preparation) or should I repeat these steps at all? What I was doing was doing all the steps up to the Photoreading the doing the speed reading twice per chapter and superreading and dipping also twice per chapter.

Any thoughts or comments to improve on this,
thank you

1) Super reading and dipping is more of an intuitive type thing that you can do when you want to get only certain information from a book to your conscious mind. If you do it in layers you can build comprehension.
The "speed reading" or "rapid reading" part is what you'd typically do with novels. It starts at the beginning of the book and goes to the end. You could be reading word for word, super reading, dipping, rhythmically perusing, skittering or goign through the pages at photoreading rate depending upon what part of the book you're in, and how familiar you are with that part of the book, and how much you want or need from that part of the book.
2)Always prepare, doesn't take that long and quite frankly we should do the Prepare step before we do ANYthing, i.e.; driving, reading, sleeping, playing a sport or instrument, etc.
The photoreading step need only be done once but can be done more than one time if pages were skipped and you didn't want to ruin the rhythm you got into.

JVV Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you very much Jackstuff, I really appreciate your contribution, and is obvious you have been doing this for long. One question: What did you mean by doing it in layers? repeating it?
Yes thanks for the reminder to always prepare.

Thanks again

Yes, activating in layers is basically doing it more than once. It's superreading/dipping the book mulitple times to pick up on things you might have missed the first time.

Also, might I add.

This is where the "read 3x as fast as you can now" comes into effect. You might ask, why am I going to be missing things if the system states that you'll have better comprehension than normally reading a book?

Once you get used to the system you can go through a book using less and less layers, until eventually one would suffice. You may also soon feel like you've gotten what you wanted from the book after just a photoread, although bringing information into conscious awareness using activation as well as the book is just as fine.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved