Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

OK- I apologise, Alex. Clearly it's not for you to do. Personally, I wish that I could do it, as you so pointed out. But just the same, I send the same challenge out. If it's an idea who's time has come... someone will ride it. If not..oh well.

Alex
Have you ever heard of the Hundredth Monkey Effect? It's not about monkeys convincing each other. Rather it's about a new behavior within a species generating enough "morphic resonance' that creatures(- even for those who did not witness the demo) across the globe enact the same heretofore miraculous behavior. "Convincing" doesn't begin to explain this process. An example of this would be the discovery of calculus by two uncollaborating philosphers at the same time.

Also, I didn't know that this was a "fight". I want to exchange ideas and there may be a differences in opinion among us. I really enjoy this... and sometimes I get zinged and rightfully so. Sometimes expressing things on the net doesn't accurately convey the emotional content and so misunderstandings occur.Is it possible to consider both the theses and antitheses of the world? . But fights I'd rather avoid.

Last edited by truth; 07/07/09 04:57 PM.
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Originally Posted By: truth
Alex
Have you ever heard of the Hundredth Monkey Effect? It's not about monkeys convincing each other. Rather it's about a new behavior within a species generating enough "morphic resonance' that creatures(- even for those who did not witness the demo) across the globe enact the same heretofore miraculous behavior. "Convincing" doesn't begin to explain this process. An example of this would be the discovery of calculus by two uncollaborating philosphers at the same time.

Exactly, that's why I devote my time to those you are willing to take the course and give it a go. The more of us that do that the sooner we hit the breakthrough point.

It's very stressful and time consuming working with people who are closed and need proof. I've had them in my class. The other class members wanted to throw them out because they were so disruptive that they couldn't learn. Behaving like a child having a tantrum. Taking up my time giving them as convincing proof that they won't hurt themselves if they try. When there are people around me ready to learn. Ready to climb up just patiently waiting for me to give them a leg up. Being robbed of the opportunity. The others didn't blame me but I quickly learned that my attention distracted is a disservice to those who want to learn. That's why I don't mind if people are unconvinced. When they are ready they will show up. The teacher is already here.

I've had plenty of kids who cannot afford to pay me softly ask me to help them. I do what I can. I spend some time doing that. To me it's much more productive using my time to help them than spend time fighting those who are not ready to learn. \:D

Quote:
Also, I didn't know that this was a "fight". I want to exchange ideas and there may be a differences in opinion among us. I really enjoy this... and sometimes I get zinged and rightfully so. Sometimes expressing things on the net doesn't accurately convey the emotional content and so misunderstandings occur.Is it possible to consider both the theses and antitheses of the world? . But fights I'd rather avoid.

That naturally depends on your position. If you are on the sideline a spectator, A mediator or one of the ones who has to duck \:D

AlexK

You've got a great counterpunch Alex-- nailed me on the chin twice there. http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/images/icons/default/thumbs_up.gif

Maybe someone can make a conclusion of this conversation ?
It's really interesting but it takes much time to read it.

For example,I tried PR for a few weeks and I gave up this because I wasted much time but I din't get the information.

One good thing from this PR system that helps me is skimming because after that I read and understand faster.

And I would like to ask too why there the people who understood the system doesn't create blog's or just doesn't share information in forums if they learnt such a wonderful thing?

In my country there is a company which teatches speed reading but they are cheaters(I read it in many forums),so it make really hard to believe that PR is true.

No, it doesn't work, although we have yet to clarify what 'work' actually means in terms of Photoreading. The benefits you get from it are the same ones you'd get from a speed-reading course. You learn to concentrate better and skim-read better, just as you pointed out. The rest is a sham - a repackaged version of speed-reading in a flashy box with lots of wild, empty promises, and a price tag to match. This is borne out by Alex's consistent evasiveness on the subject, contradictions, lack of willingness to define the benefits of Photoreading and what she is personally getting from the books she 'gets through', whatever that means, and ultimately, fear of being tested. It's what isn't being said here that speaks the loudest!

Alex, unfortunately I don't have the time to answer your previous post responding to my comments in this discussion, but I believe that comment is required at some point. I am sorry to hear about your accident at home, and I am glad you got out unscathed. I believe you're truly out to help people here, but this Photoreading stuff leaves a lot to be desired. I am very impressed with a lot of LSC's products and believe them to be the very best in self-help, so it is a shame that Photoreading isn't up to scratch, but, as inconvenient as this may be, the game's up!

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved