Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

Hi All,

While Image streaming, are we supposed to describe only "images" or even feelings/hunches/intuitions?

I have just starter IS and had two sessions. In both sessions, I could see events happening. And I could see that I am part of those events.

I naturally stopped talking to just follow where the events take me. I felt that by attempting to talk about them, I was missing out on the visuals so I naturally stopped talking to pay more attentions to the sequence of images in my head. IS this OK to take pauses in between talking to pay more attention to the images ?

Many times I had "feelings" of being in some place or of doing something like flying down from top of a building or floating in the sky etc. Some insights as to what I should do about some problem I am facing.. things like that. Can and should all these feelings/hunches also be described ?

Third question is that the images I see are actually visualizations that automatically pop up in my mind. When I close my eyes, in front of my eyes, I just see darkness. Within a few moments, I visualize images or events or ideas coming to me kind of "in the back of my mind" and not actually in front of my eyes. Is this the way it should be?

Thanks
thePhotoReader

yes you are supposed to explain things as much as you can, and yes it is important to explain feelings and even if you feel as if you can smell something from the image then say that too. When you explain aloud to a listener or whatever you talk to, you have to say things in a way so that it can be understood by that other person, in the process you open your own mind to what is going on and it makes the image more clear.
Also if you choose you need to stop and see where the image goes you can but it is recommended that if you do that try to explain the main theme of what you see ex. "I am now at an ice cream shop" as opposed to "i am at an ice cream shop sitting approx. 2.4 meters away from the table next to me which is blue and blah blah blah..."
and to your third question yes these images are as if they are being seen by your minds eye, not your eyes so describe the ones coming into your head (by the way it took me a while to figure that out too)

Learning Strategies Admin

Describe everything. Feelings, sounds, smells. Avoid analysing while Image Streaming.

Don't stop talking ask questions out loud to keep yourself going eg. what am I getting here, visual, feeling etc.

AlexK

hello all,

I want to master the skill of image streaming and I'm doing it for about 20 minutes every day describing everything comes in my mind.

The first result that I got is that at the end of the session I have a specific feeling of peace and feel my body and mind align.
Often the images are related to daily life.
....see what's happen next

Am I in a right way? ...regards

Hi
I'm new to Image Streaming, I actually found it from another source. The source suggested to use Image streaming for IQ gains. I have some questions about Image Streaming, I hope anyone who has the answer to share the solutions please(sorry, English is my 2nd language)
1.I understand the feels of the texture i touch,but I don't have enough words to describe it, I even sometimes used the very same words to describe different feels!
2.When I'm observing an object or situation, I keep getting images linked to the object or situation before I'm finished describing them, should I neglect the situation and move on, or I just carry on describing the object/situation until I feel satisfied with it?
3.It's almost impossible to me to describe the taste of things such as the desk, the floor, etc. and also I have very faint expressions about smells and sounds. I even imagine knocking the desk, door, floor, etc. to "hear" its sounds
Please share anything you know, I appreciate any help
Regards, Zrifter

1. Keep practising. You’re vocabulary will improve. The more you use it the more it begins to flow. In the beginning it might feel like you are making it up. Go with it.
2. Keep describing until you’ve finished. Whenever a new image begins to replace the one already there go with it. This is why it’s important to talk quickly. Don’t try to understand the image stream until you’ve finished. That’s why you should talk to a tape recorder.
3. Keep working at it. Remember the person you’re telling it to doesn’t see your image stream so if the floor is covered with carpet you need to describe it so they could see it. It’s the same as describing the birthday cake you had at the last party. You could practise image streaming by remembering something like that and describing it out loud. In so much detail that you could taste, smell, feel, hear and see the party again.
4, In Australia there is a bird that does perfect imitations of the sounds they hear. We can’t do that as well so we would describe it by using saying a bark, going further into what type of bark, growing, high pitched, deep, frightened, happy?

More detail, don’t worry too much about the right words they are coming from the same source as the image stream. As long as you keep describing without analysing you’re on the roll.

Thank you so much!
I don't know how to thank you. Your answer just took away all my doubts. Now, I can continue doing IS with all my heart.
Thanks again!
Zrifter

Hi all.
I practiced IS for a while but not sure if I'm doing it correctly. After I receive my first images I tent to quickly shift my attention into memories becausee image streem reminds me something that already happened in my life and therefore these thoughts are most of the time stronger than free images from subconscious mind.
Is it ok to keep discribe memories as well or rather relax again and let the flow of new images come again.
Thanks a lot cerimm.

Yes it's okay to describe memories. However be sure you are describing quickly and not over thinking the Image Stream. I find when listening to someone's Image Stream if they go silent to long they are losing the track of the image stream. After about 5 to 9 minutes for beginners if they go silent then it's fair to conclude that particular image stream is finished.

Alex

Thanks a lot for your help.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved