Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Making this statement it is very clear you know little of science or strict requirement of experiments in order to pass muster. Her's failed in all respects, it was just simple crap financed by the state, the garbage dump is full of it.

And again, at this time of human evolution there is a host of things that only work for a few but not well with the many.

Go figure, cause this works for a few, as do many other things. However, the human side the equation is most telling and that is all psychology of 'belief' and goodly action.

You want outside validation?
Others have come here and gone beating their heads against their own walls, crying and screaming out for 'outside validation'.

Not everyone can run a 6 minute mile, only the few. The list of things like this is legion.

But no matter, I carry on doing what I know to do today anyway and more tomorrow; as do all others of a disciplined self determining mind.

Excuse me for butting in, but I'm quite sure that anyone who is capable of total recall would not be spending their time arguing over the fact on a forum such as this!
I'm just passing through here for a quick look.I personally have used Learning Strategies products for years with wonderful results, although not photo reading as I have no need to photo or speed read anything.
The human mind is profoundly amazing. I have seen people on TV with photographic memories and I'm sure that most people could train themselves to achieve such a thing should they possess a burning desire to do so. And like any other skill, there are tools available to assist you in your endeavour.

jakalyn #74307 11/14/09 04:52 PM

Originally Posted By: jakalyn
Excuse me for butting in, but I'm quite sure that anyone who is capable of total recall would not be spending their time arguing over the fact on a forum such as this

My motivation for arguing is complex, however...

Those who with near perfect recall also have near perfect 'forgettery' to quote the best of the very best over time made a career thinking out, while demonstrating in front of crowds 5 then 7 things at once. He wrote upside down with both hands, feet, mouth as those in the audience fired off things for him to remember and dictate.

He became a bonafide laboratory animal as behavior scientists dumb founded, had to change their thinking not his. He needed the money.

But he stated over and over again the conscious mind no matter what, cannot remember more than so much for so long and after every single performance he FORGOT everything.

I am personally acquainted with this counsel in dealing with those with very remarkable skill. So Photoreading or picture reading must also be able to draw upon the intuition, time and again after the fact even years later in order 'to know'. And other methods of mental discipline are also required depending upon the person. And what mostly blocks the adroit use of ones on knowing intuition? Lack of confidence sub-vocalized as negative mantras or statements of belief thinking 'facts'!!

There is of course nothing new about this at all, it was generally referred to as 'inspiration', 'subtle confidence' or even channeling.

So those who go around, where there are new learners and righteously pontificate this or that is 'impossible' is what I will confront on and on... here and there as I am pleased to.

Just because.

And here is a quote from one of my ten thousand poems...

"Only by obsession can you grow
Oh limits that have found you
Bound, fettered and gagged, idiot complete
Dare you not speak beyond fate?"

Kind Regards,

Yukala #74309 11/15/09 12:52 AM

Quite so , whether you believe you can or believe you can't you are absolutely right as someone famous once said( or words to that effect.)

There are sadly folks out there who believe they can purchase magic bullets..

Just by reading or knowing about a subject does not make a person an expert! I know it is possible to climb Everest,and I BELIEVE that I could do it, but in my present condition would be foolish to try and would very likely meet with failure.

However should I decide that I need to actually do it, I would prepare myself physically, and more important MENTALLY, and learn skills that I don't presently possess. I would load my mind with skills and imformation that support the belief that I WILL DO THIS. And then fully prepared, would "turn off" my conscious mind and allow auto pilot to take over and enjoy the trip,with the knowledge that I now possess the skills to get me to the top.

From the very first moments of "self awareness" as a small child I had a deeper 'knowing' that I am so much more than this body. I have dedicated much of my life to investigating myself.

Mastery of the mind is all, and it is true that self doubt is the greatest and most powerful self sabotage that there is. Self belief and an open and enquiring mind are a human beings' greatest ally's.

The very fact that I exist at all is the hardest thing to understand...If I can accept that I do in fact exist then it is no great leap of faith to believe that anything at all is possible. So if it is something that is important to you, total re-call achievable and do-able, not only for the so-called savants, but also for anyone who can be bothered to learn how.

Throughout history there have been visionaries and prophets with perceptions and abilities that the masses didn't understand, or couldn't replicate...eventually scientific knowledge validates these so called super-human attributes and when accepted as do-able become commonplace.
So for the nay sayers out there...suspend your disbelief and question yourself rather than whether it is possible. MY belief that IT IS possible, but whether it is a skill that you personally can master, or how long it takes, you only you can say.

jakalyn #74310 11/15/09 02:02 AM

Nice to meet you 'jakalyn'.

Thanks for the post, a nice read!

Yukala #74366 11/22/09 01:10 AM

Yukala, did you ever notice that people who don't like it when fact conflict with a cherished belief attack the messenger? That's what your passive-aggressive, snide insults are. As it turns out, I am a scientist, and know quite a bit about the scientific method. I also know its limitations, and I spend most of my professional life balancing intuition with hard-nosed analysis, which is what real science is. McNamara's study was not "funded by the state" -- you're just insulting her. It was a good study, with clearcut results. It needs to be followed up with more subjects, as I said. Calling something "garbage" is an easy out. Are you afraid to have your beliefs challenged? The self-righteous pontificator here is you, I'm afraid. Calling a spade a space isn't pontification or righteousness. Being insulting to someone who says things you don't like is. You're the one calling people names and labeling things that challenge you as "garbage," while presenting yourself as an spiritual soul devoted to good works. I know some spiritual souls. They don't behave like that. But angry and fearful people with a need to prove themselves do.

Dido,

I got an office full of double blind and triple blind white papers and a hundred books covering the subject.

And neither you or McNamara are a 'messenger'.

And my observation is it works for me and hundreds and maybe thousands of others, as well techniques like it have for centuries worked for some who dared.

That is the point you are not getting.

I just read 3400 hundred pages in four computer tech books in less than hour in the last day. That is 25,000 words per minute to you. I did not consider what you or anyone thought about it being possible or not. I know it works and done something similiar from about 8th grade some 35 plus years ago. However then I was not so scientific about it, just odd.

And I suppose if I was not pressed to know and use the information this week and next week etc, I would not be doing it. However, in building a Data Farm from scratch I have blown through 4 consultants, why because they are too slow in processing information.

I find that within my third meeting I know more than they do, ONLY BY PHOTOREADING and then meditating.

So you go figure. And I do not mean knowing it as a theory but with ones hands.

You can process information as a picture once you by-pass sub-vocalization and I have found so far usually only those trained in common mysticism do it.

The thing is I can create a study to get almost any conclusion I am willing to make the effort to get. Belief or the willingness to gain an objective tips the scale time and again.

I have a saying for myself concerning the trap of 'blinding believing' especially 'against something being possible'.

"Keep what you believe pliable, because if someone can think it out then someone is probably doing it"

You have come here, unbidden and boldly 'pontificated' that the sky in not blue cause someone 'official sounding' told you so.

And I still say, that is your problem, not ours.

Yukala #74369 11/23/09 10:28 AM

Hi everyone...at the weekend I saw a man by the name of Don Tolman demonstrate what can only be described as photoreading... he studied a handwritten list for about 30 seconds and was able to accurately recall the list when examined by the audience.. Other demo's I have seen like this required making use of mental pictures to prompt word associations, but Don was able to mention little things about the page itself, eg a little scribble next to a word where the pen had stalled. He took a mental 'photo'.
Quite amazing. He was not demonstrating anyones method, but he proved to me that its possible. I was in the same room and saw it 'live'.
John Demartini explains that most people read at 'speaking' pace,but that its possible to learn to read much faster by training the mind in a different way, by following a pointer across the page. Apparently its possible to retain the information perfectly well at a speed as fast as you can follow a line of print with your fingertip.

I've never bothered to learn, but I still maintain that learning any skill requires repetitive practice and a belief that it is possible.I could read perfectly well at age 6,and I wish someone had taught me speed or photo reading then...I'm certain now that there is a more efficient way to read, but the method was never put before me in my most receptive learning years. Now that would be an interesting experiment...once your child has mastered normal reading try introducing the next level...amp it up a bit...before anyone tells them that its unusual or not possible...
If you believe that something is not possible because there is no empirical evidence then that is your right, but you are not necessarily correct! Theres no need to list the men and women who persevered against main stream opinion and ridicule to make great scientific breakthroughs and change the world we live in and the way that we do things, and there will be plenty more...

The universe is profoundly amazing and there are miracles all around us. Most people deny themselves their full potential and continually need others to tell them what is possible and what's not. Don't wait for others to validate you or your beliefs and experiences, don't live other peoples values, and remarkable things begin to happen. I knew beyond any shadow of a doubt that my concsiousness extended and existed beyond my physical body as a very small child, and for anyone to tell me otherwise was and is ludicrous to me, but unless you have experienced it then its probably a bit of a stretch for the imagination, like trying to imagine how something tastes without having eaten it...
If you give something a fair trial and put in reasonable effort and don't get a result then maybe its not for you! Doesn't mean that it didn't work for someone else. You can spend 4 years at university but it doesn't guarantee a degree or professional qualification..some will make it others won't. But if I fail its not valid to say that the course is a scam or that it doesn't work.

Hi friend.
Answer to your question is YES. I have experience of such PERFECT RECALL.

I was in 10th standard (India)at that time. I used different system than photoreading which was mentioned in the meditation books from India. That different type of meditaion is similar to our prepare step but takes bit more time.
yet, after photoreading( same step is available in that system also, which is termed as "third eye" in that book as that book was related to kundalini and meditation ) the text book for 3 times "I could actually read the book without having it in front of me"
And I have scored 74 marks out of 75 in the exam.
thats how it goes.
If you are interested plz read literature of "SWAMI VIVEKANANDA"
he could grasp informaton in the books by just looking aat the page(and it is termed as photoreading.)

Whatever others say about it.
I say it.
THIS SYSTEM WORKS.
I have done it before.

Raviraj #74582 12/20/09 10:33 PM

Hi Raviraj,

Swami Vivekananda works now from over a whole century past were based upon studies and disciplines that had matured over a time of two millennium of use and mastery; all in your great country.

And from that time period when the information flowed to the English world by both love and sword the whole world is forever indebted!

Kind Regards,

Yukala

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved