Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
salom Offline OP
OP Offline

Since I air travel a lot, I am planning on purchasing a pair of active noise-cancelling headphones (Audio Technica or Bose). They work by emitting "white noise" frequencies to cancel out outside ambient noise. I was wondering if they would also eliminate the intended sound frequencies that are key to the paraliminals.
Experiences, recommendations? Thanks!

I would be very careful about any headphones which emit noise of their own as the Palaminals have the Holosync feature in them. I use earbuds and am happy with them.

salom Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks uniquesoul. I guess earbuds are my only option, although I have tried a variety. It is loud on those smaller aircraft flights!
The noise cancelling frequencies the headphones emit are supposed to cancel out the outside of headphones noise, ambient noise, rather than the audio program. But, I suppose you are right in that they may disrupt the holosync feature.

The noise cancelling effect is a further layer of technology over the sound that comes from the environment coupled with the subtle, but powerful effects of the binaural stimulation of Holosync products. The more layers of technology, the more complicated are the messages for the brain to unscramble. In the end you may end up in big chaos, ie very emotional and unsettled.

I know the noise on aircrafts can be unbearable. I cope with it bu using earbuds. For advanced Holosync you need headphone going down to 6 Hz frequency. They are expensive.

Hi there,

I use Klipsch headphones and I love their quality and comfort, but I did not think that they would affect holosync effect as there is no mention about it in holosync instructions, they say that we could use any set of headphones.

These are the ones I have been using to listen to holosync and Paraliminal
http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/custom-1-specifications/

I'm on the earbud bus too! If its that unbearable without the buds than go with whats comfortable! Holosync technology is great but it wasn't used with PLs until recently anyhow. Yes you loose some aspect of the PLs with holosync...but they still work fantastic without them!

When I have earbuds in and its a certain volume I don't much around me. I've been in a busy store, motorcycle and yes a plane!

Good luck,
Dan

Could I suggest wearing traditional earphones and then a pair of ear muffs over the top?

Active noise cancelling headphones should not be a problem- they work by analyzing the outside noise (they have little microphones on the outside of the earpieces)and then adding the invert (exact oposite)sound, effectively cancelling the oustside noise. (Graphicaly: uuu + nnn = --- )
They work particularely with the lower frequencies such as airplane, trafic, dishwashers, airconditioners, etc, so you can listen at lower volumes comfortably. They dont realy work on human voices, so if youare trying to block out children, it won't work ;\)
They have no effect on the sound in the recording.

They would not be very good for the deeper levels of the holosync program, simply because the frequency response of these headphones is no wider than regular headphones. They will be fine for the holosync in the paraliminals.

I use Bose Noise Canceling 2 headphones ... best I have every experienced.

Celer Et Audax

Brian D. Chapman
Allurium.com
SiteMyWay.com
BrianChapman.net

I actually called up and talked to Centerpointe support a few times about this very question, as well as LS support. Based on what they all said, and my experience (albeit, somewhat limited, although I did go up to Awakening Level 1 with Holosync), is that there is little problem using noise canceling technology for the very beginning levels of Holosync and no problem for Paraliminals (the most important part of Paraliminals is not the Holosync tech anyway. It is the Paraliminal tech, the multiple voices in stereo).

And for those who still want to avoid noise canceling tech, here's another (somewhat cumbersome, but still effective) for eliminating noise: use the kind of ear protection that people use for shooting guns. You can find these in many different kinds of sporting goods stores. They go over the ears like traditional ear phones. You can use ear buds for your audio connection and then these ear protection things will block out a lot of sound. They are heavy and usually have a metal piece in the head piece. But they do eliminate a lot of noise from the outside.

blessings,

Steve

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved