Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#73434 08/14/09 08:22 PM
OP Offline

Hi

I wanted to know wether there are people here who are capable of having perfect recall of a book. And I would like to know how they did that.

thx for awnsering my question!

btw: are there any belgium people on this forum?

did anyone?

no, no one did. I recommend that you watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usbNJMUZSwo

People can be fooled once or maybe a few more times if you're dumb but people won't be fooled forever. One day learning strategies corp and the other corps who pad each other backs color's will shine super bright so that even the most convinced and confused person can say i was fooled. As much as it may hurt for the people who fall for this, don't lose hope you can go back the way things were and appreciate a normal way of living. I appreciate the slow but sure way of getting my stuff done and i get good progress. I enjoy the slow but sure way because it makes me feel way better than using the secret or all this other junk ever did.

Don't follow false profits or ideals, those are some words of wisdom so quit wasting your time about something that you are better off not understanding, because wasting your time on these kinds of systems will do no good at all and i don't want you to go through what i've been through.

You can go ahead and try for yourself and see if it works if you want but you'll come closer and closer to realizing that I was right. Anyone who says that this stuff has worked for them is completely bsing you because really what they are trying to do is "faking it till they make it". They may go from day to day telling people that pr works and they can even teach the system but deep down the system hasn't worked for them, but they really want it to work so, they turn to the secret, putting "faith" into that so they can eventually get what they want. THAT'S WHAT I DID AND I KNOW THAT'S WHAT OTHER PEOPLE DO.

You can see how this stuff can cause a lot of problems. This stuff is a psychological trip and i completely understand this trip because i've been in it for over 3 years and seen it all.

You can say i'm full of shhit but think of this..... The secret says that positive thoughts dominate negative thoughts and i still get people on this forum blaming me because i'm negative and bringing them down. Look up my posts, you'll see when i was a dummy falling for this crap and you'll see my posts when i finally catch on to this scam. I've repeatedly asked questions and all i got was bs.

I tell anyone to really think about what they are doing. I highly recommend that everyone watches this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usbNJMUZSwo

Last edited by ZMasterNCreator; 10/04/09 10:18 PM.

Joost, do you mean has anyone attained perfect recall of a book using Photoreading?

If you're willing to put in the time and effort, you can memorise a complete book. On one memory course I heard that someone of average intelligence learned the entire phonr book for his area, but it took him 4 years. Dominic O'Brien used mnemonics to remember the entire set of questions and answers of a Trivial Pursuit set, but again, he had to apply techniques to do it, and it took time and some effort. Note that this has nothing whatsoever to do with Photoreading, though.

Photoreading is giving people false information. It doesn't do anything Speed Reading won't teach you. I take exception to the whole Photoreading - dare I say - a scam, which is what I now consider it to be, and also with those who are promoting it. You'll notice that none of them can do anything amazing with it, or, let's face it, they would be, and boy would they be showing off with it!

Everything is possible, but not always desirable.

I can do it when I am really bent upon the task, however I have found that completely 'forgetting' much more valuable.

As I can 'know' anything needed or required by the practice of mysticism. This not special however and actually rather common among those 'who know'.

Photoreading can accelerate or amplify skills you possessed prior. However if you are an unskilled dullard, just starting out knowing without seeing then it may take you a lifetime or two to 'get it'.

Beware, beware!!

There is poison about!!!

Photoreading does not work. Period. Read the Wikipedia article at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_reading#Evaluation_of_PhotoReading_claims, download and read McNamara's study. What it does is 1) give you a surface-level overview 2) a great deal of confidence that you really understand. Unfortunately, the confidence is misplaced: on actual testing, people perform very badly. McNamara's eval is not perfect, could be improved lots of ways (more subjects, etc.) but the results are pretty clear.

The problem of course with saying something does not work is that the other fellow across the street, is to busy 'doing it already for years' cause he did not properly get the 'word' it cannot work.

No matter the endeavor, or method, methodology, triple blind experiment add nauseam so far as concerns 'humans' the same exact perscentage of 'failures' to 'almost got it' to 'those who shine' remains the constant.

All you have declared here is that 'you' JoseTheWrangler cannot do it.

But, that is simply your loss, that is all.

Kind Regards,

Yukala #74285 11/12/09 06:53 PM

Well, no. The guy across the street who has "been doing it" for years actually has not; he honestly believes he has, but in fact, when you check on what he's actually succeeded at rather than what he thinks or feels that he's been succeeding at, he has not been reading at enormous speeds with high comprehension. It's not a good idea to dismiss careful evaluations just because they gore your ox.

I did not see any 'careful evaluation' in that link you provided, what of someone else's polished prejudices?

I really do not care what you 'believe' about what is possible or what is not, excepting that I do know certain true that is what 'binds' the soul.

I will give you broad hint, an idea... for truly that is all there is, ideas.

You do not process myopically as in 'normal or even speed reading' as per the speed of 'sub-vocalization' which is generally but the binding 'echo'.

You process as a whole, pictures. A picture can be worth more than just a thousand words, and true language is based upon pictography, characters that portray an 'idea'. Ideas contained in pictures often take a thousand of our more fractured language to accurately portray.

And what does 'gore my ox' as you say, is Danielle S. McNamara's clever foolishness of asserting this or that is but 'false confidence'. There is for those so inclined to a an ignoble existence, but the seedling is always full of this 'new confidence' and whether it makes it to a tall stately tree does have something to do with circumstance, especially if someone thinking clever, steps upon it.

Step away, it is your unfolding. Argue also for limitations and presto they are yours and often those who drink with you.

Yukala #74295 11/13/09 07:58 PM

What I believe isn't relevant. The issue here isn't belief; it's facts. McNamara doesn't assert anything. She tells you what she did to test the claims, and notes, correctly, that her data shows that the claims are not borne out by facts. When someone is confident that they understand something, but fail the ordinary tests of understanding, like being able to answer simple questions, that's false confidence. If you really want to see people grow and blossom, it's important to have respect for facts and the world as it is, as well as each person's potential. Recognizing that the earth is round, or that PhotoReading doesn't work, is not arguing for limitations. When something doesn't work, and you find that out, it frees you to find something else. Seedlings can't grow into trees unless they get what they really need. An acorn planted in dry sand will not grow into a gorgeous oak, no matter how much confidence it has that sand is water.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved