Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
astrid #74724 01/06/10 09:59 PM

Thank you for your post Astrid.

It's important that we all hold space for everyone's personal journeys and maintain a sense of community and openness on our forum. Please feel free to offer insights with respect and remember we are all drawing from our own personal experiences, experiences that are filtered through our own perceptions. (I should have mentioned this before, in my earlier post.)

As Astrid points out, Feng Shui is a tool for exploring consciousness in one's home environment. No one thing holds every answer for every person, often we do better with a combination of avenues for exploration yet it is always our choice. We must find what resonantes with our own highest positive intentions and purpose.

No amount of speculation or statistics can take the place of doing the work yourself in relationship. I find that it is all too easy to sit back and speculate on relationship but the truth of the relationship is always between the people directly involved. The experiences in my own life have taught me that there are no absolutes particularly in relationship. Do we want to be right or happy is a little line one of my co-workers likes to dish up and I think it can be a good one. Expectations can get tricky and operating in the present moment is always a good option, of course, this is all from my personal perspective. \:\)

Thank you for reaching out Astrid and Om_shakti your compassion and love for your brother is honorable. Speaking with your brother and ascertaining what he perceives to be his highest good is also helpful.

All the best to you all!
Kat

Last edited by Kat_McCall; 01/06/10 10:01 PM.
Duane V #75301 03/14/10 11:26 PM

Actually, from observation as a minister's daughter who got to see a lot of what's functional and what's not in relationships,as well as someone who's celebrated her 20th wedding anniversary, I'd say that the average of functional relationships is somewhat higher than 5%.

I'd also say that, while folks in functional relationships have a higher chance of knowing what makes a relationship good, that's not always the case

And both of these statements are true for the same reason-

The range of what's functional is a lot wider than most people think it is....

There's not one perfect template for a relationship that truly works

A person who comes from a family that yells when emotional is a rough fit with someone who comes from a family that doesn't raise their voices, but partnering with another yeller, this may work just fine.

The yeller and the quiet one can have a good relationship but they're going to have to realize that they speak different emotional languages; and then be willing and able to form a new mutual emotional language, rather than insist on "my way or the high way"

The problem is that many folks aren't ready to do that kind of work...

Furthermore, even if the yeller's in a functional relationship, his advice may not work for what a quiet relationship needs

I'd say more that Feng Shi can fit in here by creating an environment that energetically supports our ability to hear, understand and work with each other

Hope that's helpful

Fgodmom

Fgodmom #75305 03/15/10 04:59 PM

Om Shakti,

I believe I read somewhere (the course or maybe another book on Feng Shui) that if all or many of the children in a family have problems with relationships, you should look at the parents' Feng Shui. If the parents' home has things out of place for good Feng Shui, such as wrong element in relationship sector or even a Conflict Star for 20 year period that is uncured, this will affect the two generations after them.

You may want to check your parents' home for Conflict Stars (especially long lasting ones, such as the 20 year star), and check their general relationship sectors to be sure there is not a color or an object in those places that suppresses good chi.

JC

Fgodmom #75592 04/07/10 07:04 PM

Hi Fgodmom:

The 5% of relationships that are considered functional is a fact of research, not the result of someones thinking. Hopefully, your relationship has been a good one for your 20 years of marriage, however, I would not use that as criteria for a functional or even a happy relationship. People stay married for many reasons. It does not take a rocket scientist to realize that given the current rate of divorce, that God is surely the worst of all match makers. Careful of a limiting belief here. What one may think is a good functional, healthy relationship, could be completely blown out of the water with a future relationship.
The only reason people need to work at a relationship is because they don't want to move on in life. It was a bad choice from the beginning. From personal experience, the best relationships I have had, has required no work, they have just been allowed to happen. Best friends for sure. I thought the example you gave was a terrible one, unless, of course, one likes living in hell. Being in touch with and trusting in one's feelings can produce great benefits in life.

Duane V
Duane V #75691 04/15/10 04:56 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Good question Om_shakti,

Since this is a Feng Shui forum, I'd redirect you back to what was presented to balance the energy of your home from a personal, space, and time feng shui perspective.

The rest is up to your son to choose his path, since he is not a child you can activate/set the intention for.

Much Love,

Shawn

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved