Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi all,

I've recently purchased the Ultimate You Library and have been focusing on the Anxiety-Free, Belief, New Behaviour Generator and Self-Esteem Supercharger Paraliminals, but I'm not certain that I've been doing everything I can when using them. I was wondering whether I should be focusing on the source of the problem, or the symptom of the problem?

Let me explain: I understand that in my case (and a lot of other people's as well I'm sure), a great deal of my anxiety stems from an inability to accept myself as I am (hence using the Self-Esteem Supercharger), causing a feeling of helplessness etc. However, when I'm feeling anxious I'm not actually thinking "I don't love myself"; I'm thinking and worrying about one of the SYMPTOMS of my anxiety, such as having decreased physical health due to stress, or a chronic lack of confidence because I've got loads of negative inner chat going on.

When using the Anxiety-Free Paraliminal, I am first asked to confirm the problem I'd like to address during that particular sitting. My question is, when using this Paraliminal and selecting a goal, should the problem I focus on be the fear (ie. the TARGET for my anxiety), or should I be more intent on the CAUSE of my anxiety?

Hi there--

When I started using paraliminals,
I kept worrying: "am I doing this right? What if I do it wrong? will I go backwards??"

Finally I gave up and just listened.
I found that after I became familiar with a paraliminal,
it bacame a lot easier to choose what issue or problem I want to work on.

I try to state my problem in a non-negative way,
such as: "I'm leaving behind useless daily anxiety. My body is freer and healthier all the time, whether I'm thinking about it or not."

"I'm loved by many persons, and that love enriches me even when I don't know they are thinking of me."

So maybe sort of browse the selections,
try several --a "test drive"--before you get serious about how well you are applying them.

I, too, struggle with accepting myself as I am.
Sometimes more, sometimes not at all!

Sometimes I find it easier to break down my "parts"
and find acceptance there--
for instance, I have a really good memory,
and I approve of that in myself.

I notice in your writing you have good logic, clear thinking, and you've laid your problem out effectively and effeciently.
You are a good communicator and a clear thinker.
Maybe those are good places to work on accepting yourself!

Peace and warm wishes,
Linda

Warmest wishes,

Linda
Washington State
OP Offline

Hi Linda,

I should have joined this forum long ago for an instant self-esteem boost! Thanks very much for your kind words.

Its nice to hear that I'm not alone, and your advice about a "test drive" sounds like a good plan, especially while I'm getting used to the paraliminals. I'd just like to clarify something, if I may.

So the target for my anxiety is decreased physical health, i.e. "Oh no my body isn't working properly, I'm doomed" (to put it bluntly). The trigger for this course of thinking is whenever I feel ill. However, the cause of the illness in the first place is my anxiety, which is caused through self-esteem issues.

So when using the Anxiety-Free Paraliminal and other goal-setting paraliminals (such as Belief), are you suggesting that I should focus more on the anxiety itself (the cause) and not worry so much about my decreased immune system and all the other symptoms (the effect)?

Your suggestion to "break down my parts" in order to build esteem would be a great way to approach the cause of the problem, I just want to be certain that the cause is the thing i should be addressing in order to rid myself of worries about health (or lack of confidence, or any other symptom of anxiety).

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved