Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Frenchy you really got the fire going Here another thing I learned whatever goal you made carry it with you and do something everyday that moves you toward your goal. If you get a stronge resistance or the urge to procastinate that means you should go in the direction of the resistance or procrastination.

One more thing French Claire I just want you to know you have my support 100% and you are moving in the right direction. You build your Faith muscles everytime you fall then get right up again or if keep pushing toward your goals through negativity, so in a strange way negativity is your friend as long as is not coming from you.

OP Offline

Hi all,
Yes, this certainly has generated lots of reaction. Isn't that just wonderful. What is the point of having a forum if we don't use it and share?
I'll give the maths a break (it's never been my forte anyway) and take our outback hero's advice (Uniquesoul) and stick to psychology. I am making thoughts about MEGA-dreams. Right now I'm working on a neurochemical explanation.

Uniquesoul: I know you think I am contradicting myself. You may be right - although that wasn't my intention. But I'll tell you something: People who can't contradict themselves often get stuck. You see, in my view, we live and learn, and it is a great gift to be able to drop one set of ideas as a better concept arrives to replace them. I had a great Irish friend when I lived in Munich, and she prided herself on her great consistency of thought. In the end, I found her to be tedious and inflexible.

CPW1 - Yes, building my faith muscles is a lovely idea as a 2010 Solution. Thank you for the two posts. I think I shall make a diagram showing me bulging with faith-muscles while I sweep negativity aside with a shrug of my shoulders and keep heading for my goal.

Thanks everyone for so much feedback.

Hello French Claire, I hope you do not mind my candor here. I do want to help but I disagree with you. People who contradict themselves also second-guess themselves. Of course, there is nothing wrong with altering direction midway, if your goals are not really the goals you want. But if you need to change direction midway then frankly you have not been through enough at the all-important goal-setting stage. The question is, what do you want? The real question is WHAT DO YOU REALLY WANT?

It seems to me that you are expending far too much of your energy on how, where and why, and trying to find explanations for why it should be, rather than just going for your goal. Surely, when we try to analyse our goals like this, we sap energy from their manifestation.

In religion, a real believer never questions and never analyses. He or she just knows. You say you have faith, but real faith needs no questioning and no fake mathematical formulae.

Here you go Frech Cliare
http://mindpowernews.com/SuperSuggestion.htm
Read the whole section on goals then work with whats best for you.

It's always fun to examine the mystery of something,
and to attempt to describe the indescribable.
(Well, maybe not ALWAYS fun!)

But it is something that poets, artists
and mathematitions attempt.
Over & over!
And it is something that has inspired
beauty, and discovery, and love, and joy.

But true, let's not get carried away
on A & B & C and their labels.

Mega-Big. Love it.

Warmest wishes,

Linda
Washington State

My mega goal theory...

A mega goal can...
Make you or break you.
Build you up or drive you into despair and keep you bound cynical, as a soulless vagabond, even if you remain money rich.

Why do I put forth such a contrast?

Leverage!! It is all leverage from your heart, thus your soul.

And the greater you extrapolate and commit, well the more intensification one way and another.

Better to start with...

Who am I?
What is my soul's desire in being here?
Where am I going when I depart and what will suit me to remember about myself most?

You might answer these questions as well for further clarification:

When I die/leave tomorrow, what do I today?
Roll back a yesterday and what do I do instead?
When I die/leave ten years hence, what do I daily now?

Committing to a goal can cost you as well as serve you and most likely still be a mixture of both, for knowing one's own soul is generally still a misty affair.

OP Offline

Hi all,
It is great to have a forum like this where everyone can contribute and plant idea-seeds. I know from psychology that what we focus on is what we take notice of (our reticular activating system allows suitable material to be flagged for our attention, rather than be screened out before it reaches consciousness).

Since opening my mind to MEGA-BIG theme, lots of inputs have come to my attention that previously would have been below my attention radar. No time to discuss them right now.

However, today I found some lovely inspirational quotes. I hope they find a resonance with someone out there in cyberspace!

"Find a purpose in life so big it will challenge every capacity to be at your best" David McKay

"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved." William Jennings Bryan

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature." Helen Keller

"You've got to sing like you don't need the money, love like you'll never get hurt. You've got to dance like no one is watching. It's got to come from the heart, if you want it to work" Susannah Clark

"Men take only their needs into consideration, never their ability" my compatriot Napoleon Boneparte, so I couldn't resist it!

"The best way to predict your future is to create it." Unknown

"If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to it." Jonathan Winters

Today has been a very blissful day for me. It is great to be happy and motivated AND taking appropriate action.
I wish you all a wonderful, effortlessly successful day today.
Adieu,
French Claire

Last edited by French Claire; 01/12/10 08:59 PM. Reason: typo
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved