Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#74739 01/07/10 06:44 PM
OP Offline

Hi to all

I have just started looking through my Diamond Feng Shui course and am looking forward to all that I will learn.

However I do have a question which may already have been answered either in the course material or in the forums somewhere, unfortunately I am unable to find the answer.

I am a little curious about the Fortune Elements; according to the Diamond Feng Shui tables my Fortune Element is Metal as I was born in the year of the Tiger. However according to the Chinese Horoscopes books I have read such as ‘The Handbook of Chinese Horoscopes by Theodora Lau’ my element is Water.

I am guessing this has a simple explanation and would be grateful if this could be explained to me. Sorry if it sounds so trivial, but I would be grateful for the understanding.

Kind Regards

SueZ3103

Hi Sue,

I think the confusion arises due to the difference between the fortune element and the year element. For example, I was born in the year of the Ox and the year element is water. But my fortune element is wood. If you are born in 1962 (Tiger) the year element is water but your fortune element would still be metal. You'll find the year element and the fortune element in the table on page 30 of the level 1 manual. I hope this helps..

Love,
Astrid

astrid #74793 01/13/10 04:29 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Sue,

astrid is correct up to the point of referring to the page number. The year elements were removed from the chart in later editions of the Level One booklet because Marie focuses on the fortune element.

Much Love, Shawn

OP Offline

Hi Astrid and Shawn

I am so grateful for your responses; now that this is clear in my mind I can really enjoy learning the course.

So good to know there is such a warm community out there willing to help and able to answer my my silly questions.

Love Sue

SueZ - You just hit a 'hot button' for me. I don't believe that any sincere question can be considered 'silly.' If you don't know, how are you going to find out unless you ask? What is truly 'silly' is to not ask when you don't know. A major part of learning is asking questions - of all available resources. Go for it! Ask questions! Enjoy learning!
Excelsior! (Onward & upward)
Margaret Ida

Dear all,

I'd like to thank Margeret, she's so right! And I just want to share a German saying: There are no silly questions, just silly answers.

I did not know that the table on page 30 had been changed - I ordered the course some years ago. And I'd like to thank Sue for drawing my attention to the fortune element again, somehow I had neglected it lately. We're all connected ... \:\)

Love,
Astrid

astrid #76639 08/28/10 09:34 PM

Thanks for clearing that one up for me as well.

I've been finding a lot of pages on the internet saying that, having been born in 1979 my element was earth, not fire.
Being a 'sheep' I've found having fire as my personal fortune element more empowering than having earth as my personal fortune element smile .

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved