Best way to succeed with activation is know your purpose. Why are you working with this book? What do you hope to use from the book and how do you see yourself using it?

During postview build your curiosity. What do you think you can learn from the author? How does that compare with what you already know?

If it is a I must read this but don't want to. Check your purpose? Is it important to your work or studies? Make it so that you do have curiosity. One place to start is what's new to me in this as an activation or Postviewing question to build your curiosity.

With a purpose it's much easier to build your curiosity and be playful. If you don't have a purpose, you won't want to expend energy on it so your time spent will be a struggle between your, I don't wanna energy and emotion and I got to do this whether I wanna or not.

Why? Because? Because why? Because I said so. (remember that?)

Because I said so never really motivated us. If we followed through it was without joy. Grudgingly and we only did what's necessary and never learned the benefit of doing why 'they' wanted to do it. If we had a purpose, the reason why then we could test it.

That's what you do when you have a purpose for reading. Testing your purpose. And if you know your purpose you know whether the book meets that purpose sooner rather than later.

I finished a book in 15 minutes today because it failed to meet up my purpose.

AlexK