Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hello Again,
I seem to have a lot of questions!

I am seeking guidance on the practice of holding an intention to shift out of "limiting or fearful thoughts" during the day. It is difficult to find time to meditate in the midst of a busy workday. or to hold the kind of focus that is done in the meditation. Is it effective to hold the intention sort of as a mantra? In other words, repeating the intention over and over in my mind?

Thank you!

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Hi again, Waterbird!

No problem with asking questions. We all learn as we "noodle" what you ask about!

When we focus on a directed thought during meditation and allow it to dwell in our being it becomes an intention. As we do this repeatedly and consistently we become very familiar with the energy patterns being generated by this thought. This recognition becomes a great tool to use during your “everyday” life.

So if you tune in during meditation to the contracted feeling of “limiting or fearful thoughts” and then to the expanded feeling of expansive and loving thoughts, you will develop a great course correction tool because the difference will be very clear. My experience as a life coach has made it very apparent to me that the more you focus on something, the more you activate it and the more connected you become to it. So the question for you is what would cause you to remember the expanded state that means you are in alignment with the true nature of your being which is expansion and love? A simple “I am …” statement can be incredibly powerful. If you do well with visual learning, you might also use written reminders. While these tools will initially seem to be working with your active “everyday” mind, the more you align with that expanded state, the more you integrate it into your “being” as a knowing that goes far beyond that mental context and becomes an integral part of who you recognize yourself to be.

In week five of the Pathway series, we will be looking at factors that influence intention and I think you will find this very helpful. If you have the Embracing Freedom course, you might also listen to the “Willing and Allowing” meditation as these two qualities are what allow awareness to carry out the intentions we set.

All the best to you – keep expanding!
Wendy

Last edited by Wendy_Greer; 04/02/10 07:22 PM.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved