Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#75941 05/15/10 11:52 PM
OP Offline

Hi, during session 9, I experienced a massively powerful shaft of light that came right up my spine and held me bolt upright for the entire meditation. I was actually really tired and expecting to be half dosing through the meditation but was unable to even move, as the energy was holding me so straight that my muscles were hurting with the exertion - although I just observed it with humour rather than discomfort. Various other sensations followed and when I was finally able to lie down I could see and 'feel' several 'serpent' heads in my head. The next day, my whole world outlook and interaction with people was phenomenally different and lighter. Not knowing much about kundalini, I'm wondering if you think this might be part of a kundalini awakening? many thanks, jane

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Just want those of you who have been checking this post to know that we are waiting for a response from Jeddah. Neither Pete nor I have heard Jeddah address this issue specifically.

I will post her words of wisdom as soon as I have them!

Wendy

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Hi Jane!

We still haven't heard from Jeddah, who has apparently been on retreat. I'm glad we had a chance to connect directly via email. Hopefully I will have more information next week.

With love,
Wendy

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Here is Jeddah’s response to this post:

This sounds like a kundalini awakening, or at least a waking up! Jane must have been ready to release this energy for it to be so dramatic. She handled it well from reading her account. Now she can proceed as guided with the base meditation.

Strong experiences like this are uncommon for this meditation. Normally we move the energy along the spine to create a conscious association along the pathway of the centers. We are not trying to create overnight enlightenment as many of the stories about kundalini suggest. We are gently bringing more conscious attention/noticing to this area and increasing the capacity of consciousness to hold increasing frequencies.

Love to all,
Wendy

Hello
Would you please explain more about the process of Kundalini awakening and its relationship to enlightenment. Is Kundalini awakening the ulimate goal of our meditations or can we experience true freedom/conscious awareness without this process taking place? I have had experiences prior to this whereby energy has moved up the spine in a snakelike fashion making my body shake and move as it travels up and down the spine but never saw any light. Are all these experiences of the kundalini as I had been to a yoga retreat when this eventuated.
Thank you, Judy

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Hi Judy!

As Jeddah indicated in her response, strong experiences are not the norm, but they do occasionally happen when someone is right on the cusp of being ready to open to and channel a fuller range of the energy that is always within and around us. The gradual experiencing of and unfolding to the energy is more generally the case. Most of us take this gentler route of slowly increasing our energetic frequencies and awareness until we can consistently experience and remember our connection with the truth of who and what we are.

Just as with other experiences during meditation, just observe and allow whatever occurs to be what it is. Sometimes when we are working with higher and higher energetic frequencies, the body will move as it adjusts to them. Movement will also sometimes occur as we release old thought patterns, beliefs and assumptions. Whatever the case, just go with the flow and keep expanding!

All the best to you,
Wendy

OP Offline

Hi to Wendy and anyone else reading this. Earlier in the year I posted a question about my 'Kundalini Awakening' experience and in case anyone has wondered what happened next, I'd like to feedback on how this has affected me and some of my permanent changes from the transformation. I had, previously to this, often experienced major energy shifts and momentary realisations which had both encouraged me on my journey to the self and also frustrated me with their ephemeral nature. I had also devoted many years to my spiritual seeking. After my 'awakening' whilst listening to a Jeddah recording, I came into a full realisation that my journey was over and I was 'home'. Still, I was the same person, same shadows to be dealt with, same likes and dislikes, but powerfully and fundamentally I felt home. I still feel like this and now life is no longer a journey but a great unfolding which seems to progress much faster and with greater ease. Because I no longer have a journey I can no-longer resist it either! Everything feels possible but I am in no hurry to get there because simultaneously I experience that there is nowhere to get and nothing to learn. I still want to raise my frequency in several areas of my life but from quite a different perspective. Frequently I laugh at my mind's desire to start running less than useful thoughts and then I witness an automatic shutdown of those thoughts by some internal process. It seems that gradually my mind is losing more and more of its power to overwhelm me and be in control. Daily, I feel like I'm in a vortex of increased self knowing and conscious awareness. The name Pathway to Enlightenment has certainly lived up to its name for me, I trust that it will for you all too.

Hi Jane,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience in this post. I often thought of you and wondered precisely how things were turning out for you! I am so glad for you that your experience has been and continues to be so positive. For me it's always helpful to hear of others' life and how their process is helping them on to greater self-realisation. May the blessings continue to flow into your life as you move onward and integrate even more fully.
I love Jeddah Mali's meditations and they have helped me a great deal as well, though not as dramatically as you describe. :-)
May your life continue to unfold its beauty, grace, truth, and love in superb fruition and blessing.
Catalina xx

OP Offline

Hi Catalina

Thank you so much for your wonderful connection. I was looking up stories about Mary Magdalene on Integral Life and suddenly could feel that there was a hugely warm response waiting for me on this blog! I did write my article just in case anyone would benefit from an update and I'm so pleased to hear back from you. I note that you posted at 6.42 and after 742 views - 42 has been a hugely significant number in my life this year. I had known for about a year and a half that I'd get some kind of massive shift when I turned 42 yrs and 3 months, so I decided to not miss the chance and I worked very long hours in meditation to keep myself focused on my goal. On one hand I thought that such a big shift was likely to happen randomly and I didn't want to focus on it yet I also wanted to achieve exactly that goal (whilst knowing that I couldn't really know in advance what that would be!).
Just another person's experience to show that there's infinite variety and we each grow in our own way.
And for the record - my shadow side does regularly raise its ugly head and disrupt my life. The difference now is that it's more like an errant shopping trolley that I can't control rather than an aspect of me.
I've really loved the invitation to share as I don't talk about this with anyone here in ChCh.
Have a wonderful New Year and many, many blessings to you.
much love, jane

OP Offline

Hi all. I find myself here again adding to my story. Interestingly the earthquake that devastated ChCh, and centred just near my house, was 42 kilo tons. What is it with 42! Also, I had dreamt this quake, location and first aftershock almost exactly as it happened and even more vividly than in 'reality'. I didn't get the date and so didn't warn anyone, but still am noticing how my dreams are far more consious now. I often feel like I meditate through my sleep and even wake-up, excited, with a new realisation. It seems to be more and more, a constant flow.
much love, jane
If anyone wanted to ask me more details or wanted to privately share their experiences, I can be contacted via my website Equiliibrium.net.nz

Last edited by Jane Grofski; 03/28/11 09:45 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved