Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Uly Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Skakurav,

Quote:
I also like Mezmerotica's positive post and Mezmerotica said what I was trying to say, only much better!

I can feel there is something very special about Mezmerotica's energy in that post. A very different energy than to what I usually encounter?

I am still having a great deal of problems with fact that the soul / spirit energy gets all the benefits while we are incarnate on earth and the physical body is just regarded as second class. Something to use and throw away and not be respected.

The world has definitely lost a dedicated healer in me as there is no way I can commit to be a full time or professional healer, knowing many people are coming to me to help them live or cure a serious disease, when al that I can guarantee them is healing on there spiritual level. Knowing that working in a career as a professional healer would get me put in jail for be a fraud or a snake oil salesman, because society looks at healing as a cure for the physical body.

I had a dream of working with scientist's to help them to see energy and alternative healing methods work and to bring western medicine and alternative medicine together. That will never happen. Science will never believe healing works because there is no scientific proof that it cures on the physical level. It also makes things worse when spiritual healers say that the healing took place on the spiritual level for the soul.

There is meant to be a spiritual law saying "Ask and you shall receive". Mum and I asked for healing to heal Mum, me and our dog on the physical level. We ask numerous times over the years and it has never happened. God doesn't seem to be keeping it's end of the bargain, by giving what was asked. So either Humans are making up alot of rubbish in regards to religion, spiritual beliefs, God, The Universe, what happens after we die ect or There is something else going on here we don't understand.

There seems to be a yes and no answer for everything here on this earth plane...everything is conflicting. There is no straight forward answer to anything. Everytime I think I know the answer after working very hard to get to that point I get anther answer that contradicts what I thought I knew.All my experiences in this life can put explained in other ways.

If We are here to heal on only a spiritual level maybe I should go and find a cave and spend the rest of my life there Meditating and doing Qigong?

If we are here to heal the spiritual body and it doesn't matter about the physical body, Then why not just go to a emotional healer or Psychologist and talk to them for an hour a week and spend the rest of our lives having a good time i.e. doing what the Profane do - Party, Drinking and not caring about our physical bodies or Inner evolution...Why bother with Qigong, Meditation or energy healing?

My Mother had a horrible life as a kid, A horrible life as an adult and to top it all off she died a horrible death from a horrible disease. Where is a loving universe or a loving god in that???

Even though I was good enough to my mum (by caring for her), I could have been better. Less arguments and reacting to her emotions and being less selfish and worrying about my problems instead of her's. My teachers taught me these things and I didn't listen...which make me worse.Mum Never complained about her illness and I complained all the time. I deserve the Karma and the horrible death not her.

I am still waiting for Mum to contact me from the otherside like she promised and we discussed before she passed away. I am going to have a hard time believing in anything until that happens or I have a convincing experience that I can't denigh.

I am finding it hard to see this earth plane as being a loving experience. When I was a kid I was loving, affectionate, a comedian, happy and enjoying life. That has all change and I am disappointed in how I turned out. It's mainly because of being treated badly by other Humans when I did not treat them bad that has changed me.

Anyway I am currently doing the "Yoga Nidra Pyschic Sleep" Healing Cd's by Dr Gillian Ross. I had an experience a few nights ago where my Kidney channel going from my toe up the inside of my left leg had a shooting pain go through in to my stomach and the next night the same happened to my right leg. So Maybe my Kidney channel opened which would be connected to my illness of Chronic fatigue Syndrome. I have also have had pains in my neck like a needle going thru it on both the left and right sides while doing the Cd.

Hopefully I will get my confidence to do SFQ and Tai CHI again as I really did love doing the exercise's and Meditations.

Uly

Uly, I have learned so much from this thread and your posts. I owe you so much and am so grateful to you, I cannot begin to tell you. I wish I could you show you what you have taught me. This has been and continues to be a very important thread with a very deep and profound teaching. Thank you.

And I hear and feel your pain, Uly. It sounds like you have experienced a lot of pain and suffering. I feel for you. And I am sorry. I can imagine why you come to the conclusions you do.

And I just want to make it clear, that I do NOT believe that healing works only on the soul level.

Rather, I think it works on all levels. That has been my experience. The physical body is NOT "second class". In my humble opinion, this is a Western understanding, very dualistic and does not encompass the Dao, nor is encompassed by the Dao. The physical body is part of every experience. As is "spirit", as is "mind' as is "emotion".

However, if you are asking "does x work all the time, the same way for everyone?", with "x" being anything anyone wants to use as a variable (penicillin, qigong, acupuncture, chemotherapy, aspirin, whatever), then the answer will be "no". So if person "A" is looking for result "Q" from treatment "x", then the evidence is that there is NOTHING that works that way.

So, yes, if we assign, a particular result ("Q") to the word "healing" for a particular modality (and this can be ANY modality, but for the sake of your argument, let's say it is "energy healing" or "SFQ"), then yes, you have your answer and focusing on only result, the answer will have to be "no, this will not work for everyone". This is true. And the more I think about your original title of this thread, the more I realize how true what you have said is. You are correct: "Healing (whatever that means to the person assigning the value to the word) does NOT work for everybody!"

Also, you ask a good question when you ask "If we are here to heal the spiritual body and it doesn't matter about the physical body...?" etc. If that were so, and if that was what a person believed, then the conclusion of that "if, then" clause, would be correct, also: it would not matter what we do with the body.

But few if any on this forum or most people who practice energy healing, qigong, complimentary medicine, etc would say, "focus on the spiritual and forget about the body". That is a dualistic understanding and if I took that position, it would be a serious flaw in my thinking. So, I do not take that position.

Rather, I think that all of these things work together. And for some people (many, if not most), what will work best, is some combination of modern medicine, energy healing, psychological counseling, cognitive training, etc. I kind of go along with Ken Wilber's Integral understanding that we need to tackle, not only healing, but all things on life on AQAL -- All Quadrants, All Levels.

I just want to try and be as clear as possible here when I say this: while this may not give you any kind of instant results, it may help you a lot, long term, for you to focus on forgiveness: for yourself, first of all, and then for others.

And when you ask, "Where is a loving universe or a loving god in that???", you ask the perfect question. And here's the good/bad news: no one can really answer that question for anyone else. Or rather, whatever answer that someone gives, will not satisfy the person asking the question from that place. However, that question is really the perfect question, in a way. And the answer (for me) has been surprising and fascinating.

No once can blame you for the anger, or disappointment, or sadness, or fear, or whatever the dominant emotions you are experiencing in your life. I think almost anyone would feel something similar if they were in your shoes. From the little you have told us here, I think I would!

AND, focusing on forgiveness as much as possible, can help on AQAL. It can help spiritually AND physically, AND emotionally AND mentally. The understanding of these things as separate is arbitrary. There is absolutely no compelling evidence that these things are separate. Rather, they are part of a spectrum, a continuum.

You are in pain. And I (and others) will continue to send you healing energy of love, kindness, and forgiveness. And I say "amen" to your hope of getting your confidence back to practice SFQ and Tai Chi again. The "love" you felt doing the exercises and meditations, is indeed healing. On all levels. And who could blame you for your sense of loss and pain (and therefore, not experiencing this "love" of doing the exercises and meditations, as healing)?

Much healing to you, Uly. On ALL levels and in all quadrants.

blessings,

Steve

Some years ago I watched an interview with an elderly Jewish woman who, as a young girl had been in one of the Nazi concentration camps, Auschwitz, I believe. She described the conditions that existed immediately after the captives had been liberated. Many of these people had no place to go so they tended to remain in and around the local village.

Given what they'd endured at the hands of their torturers it's no surprise that some of them felt the need to retaliate in whatever ways they might find when such an opportunity presented itself. This woman related that one day she saw a young German mother pushing a baby in a carriage along the street when a mob of angry, former prisoners acosted her. They were yelling at her, threatening her and her infant, pushing her and so forth, clearly intent on exacting a little revenge on the German girl for the treatment they'd received in the death camp.

The young Jewish woman pushed her way through the crowd to reach this young mother, pleading with the mob that they stop what they were doing. "How do you know this girl had anything to do with the Nazis?" she asked them. "How do you know that if you harm her you won't be just as wrong as those who inflicted suffering on us?" But the mob was having none of it and continued to threaten.

At that moment a US Army chaplain pulled up in a jeep. He'd observed what was going on and heard the efforts of the young Jewish girl to protect the German woman and her baby. He quickly ordered the mob to disperse which they did.

When they'd gone he turned to this Jewish girl with tears in his eyes and asked her, "Sister, with the horrible things that you have suffered in the camp, how is it that you've preserved such love in your heart?"

"Oh, no, sir," she replied, "you have it all wrong. It is not I that preserved love. It was love that preserved me."

This gal wasn't referring to love "of" anything. The love that shielded her from the despair and death so many others had succumbed to in the camps was simply an all-pervasive love that extended to and through everyone and everything. If there is one thing that comes closest to being a magic potion for healing I think it would have to be this kind of unconditional love.

Closely related to love is forgiveness. As I read your words, Uly, if I could offer you one piece of practical advice it would be this: Forgive yourself. Forgive yourself for not being perfect in all your desires to help your mother and your dog, and anyone else you may have sought to heal and come up short on.

Forgive yourself for whatever you may have done wrong, and for things you believe you should have done but didn't. Forgive yourself where you are genuinely responsible for misactions, and forgive yourself in all those areas for which you weren't responsible, but for which you seem insistent on taking blame. Forgivness is not excusing or justifying. It's releasing. It's refusing to carry around burdens that serve no purpose but to poison the soul. Forgive yourself, unconditionally. Just forgive yourself.

Then forgive everyone and everything else. Forgive God if you feel God has let you down. Forgive Master Lin if you feel his teachings have not lived up to expectation. Forgive your mother for leaving you as she did. Forgive your pet for not responding to your treatments. Forgive everyone and everything you can recall that have ever given you pain and grief. Don't exonnerate them. Don't excuse them. Just forgive them, and that will be sufficient.

It's been my experience in life that when we forgive, universally, completely, and without condition, it creates a sort of vacuum where we were holding all that pain, and the thing that sweeps in to fill that vacuum is pure, unconditional love. It's the kind of love that preserved that young Jewish woman in the death camp 70 or so years ago. I have absolute confidence it will preserve and heal you as well.

Wow, Mezmerotica. Well said. Thank you for the above post.

blessings,

Steve

I wish I could take credit for those thoughts, but that has to go to the elderly woman I watched in that interview. If even a small fraction of the world's population learned the lesson she had to teach our small Earth would be a very different place.

Indeed. I would love to see that interview myself. Do you know anything else about it that might help us track it down? I will look myself anyway, but if you remember any other keywords, or where it was broadcast, etc, it might make it findable.

Thanks for sharing it.

blessings,

Steve

Unfortunately I've tried to track it down myself without success. I recorded the interview on VHS tape about 1992 or 93 but that old tape has long since disappeared. The broadcast aired on PBS. I've searched their catalog of programs at their online store but have never been able to locate that program. Possibly it never made it to commercial distribution. If anyone is able to find the interview I, too, would love to know where or if it can be obtained.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved