Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#76235 06/23/10 07:25 PM
Learning Strategies
OP Offline
Learning Strategies

Hello all!

We had an interesting question from one of our Pathway participants and Jeddah's response is equally intriguing.

The question was, if discomfort and pain for humans is a course correction tool asking us if we want to continue what we're doing, what does pain mean to animals? If they've got a trauma or illness and feel pain, what is that telling them?

Here is Jeddah's response:

"It’s completely different for animals in pain. Their pain comes from illness and inflicted wounds, not from thought patterns. They don’t think about pain or develop a story line about it and certainly don’t use it to reinforce the notion of lack or wrong. So they don’t need to adjust their response. It is already programmed into them how to respond to pain. They always respond appropriately and take whatever action is required to help themselves – such as limit movement, eat certain plants etc. They are, like greater Awareness, self-healing, self-aligning, self-balancing. Humans could learn so much from the acceptance and graciousness that animals bring to illness and pain."

There's some food for thought!

With love,
Wendy

I'm curious about the topic of illness and it's connection to thought patterns in humans.

I'm not always sure whether my state of "tiredness" is a result of physical illness or a thought pattern. Is physical illness in humans a result of a thought pattern also?

When I feel exhausted, it's difficult to remember that I want to feel well. I'm not always sure the source of the exhaustion. Am I working too hard...am I too dissatisfied with my work atmosphere...am I physically OK?

I guess I often decide that the cause is not as important as where my focus is in this moment and I attempt to adjust this thought to what I desire, which is well-being, and to remember what I am grateful for.

with much love,
(Thank you for the wonderful program!)

Learning Strategies
OP Offline
Learning Strategies

Hi Tularosa!

You are absolutely right that the physical body (and any “dis-ease” that we experience while in physical form) is a mirror of our thoughts, beliefs, intentions, or general attitude and the choices we have made because of those.

I don’t know if you have the Embracing Freedom course yet, but in Meditation 5 on the Physical Body, Jeddah addresses this very articulately. She emphasizes that we need to remember we are a physical manifestation that is housed within the energy of awareness (and not the other way around). Within this context, we recognize that when we practice holding states of kindness, love and compassion towards the physical body, these will register not only in our energy bodies, but also in the structure and cells of the physical body. This energetic expansion is analogous to the life force energy that expands as you work with qigong or yoga. The more expanded it is, the more that vital flow will be activated.

The physical body gives us a wonderful opportunity to experience very graphically the direct correlation between our attitudes and thoughts and the outcomes we receive. For many people, illness is the outcome that finally makes them stop, reflect on what’s going on and set off in a completely different direction than the one they had been pursuing. Talk about the ultimate course correction tool!

One other aspect that you might find interesting in light of the exhaustion you indicate you feel is that it takes an incredible amount of energy to swim against the flow. As you start to reintegrate your physical body with the energy in which it exists, you access a limitless source of energy and expansion. This reunification with the sea of awareness allows us to open to the light, harmony, love and beauty which has been waiting patiently for us to step fully into the present moment and recognize what we already are!

Lots of love to you,
Wendy

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved