Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
steevo Offline OP
OP Offline

My life has been hampered terribly by depression/procrastination/withdrawal/lack of motivation. In the past year, I have successfully dealt with the worst aspects of depression using nutrition and exercise, which has been a wonderful blessing! But what I call the "habits of depression," procrastination and so on, largely remain.

So I've been trying to use the paraliminal accelerator program to address this (I'm about 10 days in). I've stated my goals in terms such as "using my time efficiently," "working steadily and easily towards long term goals," and "getting started effortlessly on my most important tasks." Note that these are content-free— I don't specify a particular project. The reason, of course, is that the same basic behavior pattern affects all areas of my life— work, relationships, finances, and so on. The accelerator materials often recommend being specific. In a way I am in that the behaviors are the same across the various realms, but in a way I'm not being specific at all.

Can I get good results using the accelerator in this way? (My results so far have been mixed.) Do you have any tips for getting better results using this basic approach? Or do I need to start over using a specific project or goal or area of my life?

Thank you in advance for any help you are able to offer!

Hey Steevo (another Steve O or Steve E. - since that is my middle initial, here),

I can relate. Big time. Having similar issues. Spring Forest Qigong helps me most of all.

Nevertheless, I still have similar "stuckness" in the areas of depression/procrastination/withdrawal/lack of motivation.

Let me preface the following with the caveat that I do not own the Accelerator program, but I am familiar with the principles behind it, and sort of have come up with my own version of it based on the same thing: i.e. pick some goal and run it through my whole Paraliminal library (I don't have all of them, but I have about 27, plus the ones that are included in the Natural Brilliance course).

I have found that (for me), it does help to try (and I admit, it is very hard for me, for the same reasons it is for you: because I have the same problems across the board!) and focus on a specific issue.

For example, I will often focus on my time management issues. So, I will try something like visualizing me being on time to all appointments. Or getting my next project done on time. Or a specific project like working on a webpage, podcasts, writing etc.

The reason this works better, is because it is easier to see progress with a set goal.

There is one thing I see in almost all self-improvement/self-help/success oriented programs and philosophies: we have to have a specific target or goal. We have to know what we want. And I can relate that this is hard for people like you or me.

So, to start with something small, or pick one area where we can see SOMETHING that we know we want to change (weight loss, more energy, a specific doable, provable increase income, etc) is very helpful. Again, at least for me. YMMV.

I have recently "dusted off" (well, literally, actually!) my Paraliminals and loaded a bunch of them onto my iPod. As well as the Natural Brilliance course (this for me has helped me a lot and it includes a bunch of Paraliminals; albeit without any Holosync tech, that support this simple four-step method of "Release, Notice, Respond and Witness"). And picking something specific has at least helped me relax better into the meditation/session.

Just pick something...anything and don't worry about it.

IMHO, I think the answer to your first question in your penultimate paragraph is yes: you can get good results using the method you do. And it probably will work even better by focusing a bit and picking one thing to focus on.
You could just continue from where you are, and just think of your view (using film language) as "a wide or establishing shot" and now focusing on a "close-up" or at least a "medium shot".

For your last quoted example, "getting started effortlessly on my most important tasks", just pick one for now. Pick one that you know you will be able to tell the difference. Again, don't start over, just bless the work you have done, and now use it to focus. Have that be part of what is changing. By your very asking the question here, it shows that you have energy that is moving, so it is working!

Anyway, for what it's worth...

blessings,

Steve
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Seetvo, mixed results are a good indicator that something is happening so, will it work for you? Yes by the looks so far it is. You've had these challenges for a long time, you're using the Paraliminals to modify the habit of many days and years overnight. Some days you will feel like it's the same old and nothings changed and on others the world becomes your oyster.

What you are aiming to do is experience more of those days where the world is your oyster.

Quote:
But what I call the "habits of depression," procrastination and so on, largely remain.

This to me speaks volumes. It's almost as if you are proud of having this habit. You've given it such a strong label. Now that you've identified it so clearly it would be a good time to decide whether you want to keep the habit. Or address it more directly with Break the Habit Paraliminal perhaps?

When you think of the "habit of depression" give some time to the preferred habit you might replace it with.

I think some things are good to procrastinate on. Like the habit to procrastinate lighting a cigarette to pouring the 5th strong drink are good procrastination habits or eating a second dessert?

So perhaps changing the habit of procrastination of choosing my actions wisely? New History Generator.

You are getting mixed results. I think is excellent because it gives you more opportunities to learn and while learning Recognising what is working and what is not. Not complacently falling into another imperfect habit which works well for a while, like depression did and then interferes in other areas of your life. With mixed results you learning to take each moment and opportunity as a new experience.

I recommend keep going as you have been. When you have done the full Paraliminal Accelerator you can look back and know there has been a shift for the better. A shift that is more certain if you persist rather than letting self doubt take over.

Best
Alex

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved