Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#76523 08/09/10 09:44 PM
OP Offline

Hello Everyone - I am soooo stuck! I am doing Effortless Success and in the first lesson is discovering your purpose and I get a big blank! I want so much to know my purpose. Can anyone help me? I follow and participate great in the meditations, I just don't get answers.

Thank you,
Karen

Hello,

I too have no idea of my purpose, and as for all those goals...

Although I do like the thing about fixing what is wrong, however, if I go all through my house putting things right, I won't have time for anything else for a long time.

I too would welcome any assistance on a purpose,

Jodi

Learning Strategies Admin

A tip from me.

Pretend that you know your purpose. How would you feel? What would you be doing? What would your life be like? What might you be experiencing?

When you do a discovering your purpose exercise go into it with the expectation of finding it. All too often we start with the mindset, 'I don't know what my purpose is and I don't know how I will find it.' Instead imagine you are at a door and opening it and behind that door is your ideal life. What is it?

Whatever you get therein lies a purpose. Don't think you've only got one purpose in life, there are many ways to get to a destination so what you might find is an essence.

Be playful too. If you're purpose is quickly met then there will be a new one on the horizon. So go with what you find because it might just be opening the door to the ultimate purpose.

One way to find your purpose is pretend you already know it.

Alex

Thanks very much for this.

Another question, I don't want my list of goals to feel like a big shopping list. I think I'm a little unclear on manifesting things. If that's what this is.

Jodi

What works well for many is to have a notebook in which they list all their goals and desires. From there choose one at a time to focus on. Getting clear on why you want it and so one. So that it becomes your intent. Once set you can usually move onto the next. 3 is a good number for me so that's the number of things on my to do list in a day.

Alex

Thanks a lot for this.

I really want a clean tidy house with a lovely garden. This has been my goal for years, I think that if I could achieve this, everything else would just fall into place, or at least, I'd be able to concentrate on everything else.

Jodi

I would suggest looking at it in chunk sizes. Like what corner of the garden could you start bringing to the standard you would like? I know many gardeners who tell me a garden is a work in progress so it can be ever changing so pick a spot and start creating the garden you would like.

Same for a clean house. It's easier to make a goal to keep one room and one corner of the room in order first and let it improve from there.

Alex

Thanks for this...Did you ever think, when you started moderating this forum, that you'd be giving house cleaning tips!

The information you have put is helpful. However, I am still feeling unsettled in my purpose, as if it is limiting to pick just one. I also can't seem to come up with what I really want, it is hard to stop all the chatter in my head and allow my true desires to be known. Any ideas?

present #76654 09/01/10 09:40 AM

Pick the one that gets the job started and adjust the purpose as you learn more.

Normally I want to take the shortest route to my destination. However if I have to buy milk along the way I'm going to make a detour. To meet my purpose of reaching my destination and getting milk along the way. So I plan.

That's the point of having a purpose. If you "can't seem to come up with what I really want" It means you're not interested, not curious and perhaps have no need for the book. The question then is... why are you spending your precious time with the book?

Alex

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved