Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
EMRAN Offline OP
OP Offline

When it is mentioned "STATE YOUR PURPOSE" what exactly does it imply?
Does it be done verbally (in a quiet tone) or mentally?

What about using your intuitions as a purpose?
For instance, if i picked up a book that i am interested in and before

reading, i consciously stated my purpose and proceeded, the whole procedure becomes weird for me and i tend to lose interest in what ever i was doing. However, i i picked up the book, because I was interested in finding about a certain matter that I wanted to get clarified and proceeded reading , the entrie thing keeps me focused, in short that picked up my book and the purpose was my intuition as in I did not make a conscious attempt to stop and "STATE" my purpose.

Any clarification and understanding on that ... smile

Secondly,

Does anyone over here follow the instructions to the point or do you

guys ever make modifications as per your convinience?

In my case, I found that in the case of super reading, I tend to get

more out of the SUPER MAN SURVEYING effect, if i have a finger point

down the text instead of just the eyes, i know its kinda stupid to ask

a question whose answer i already mentioned in the question itself but

i am very technical with everything and like to stay true to the PR

experts....

Thirdly,

Forgive me if this issue was discussed before but the next question is

with regards to the RHYTHEMIC Chants that we would do while

photoreading... are there any other substitutes? Can we sing a SONG

instead, or listen to music? Can the chanting be done in a noisy

manner etc?

Thanking you once again in advance ... and please bear with patience

incase i come up with other annoying questions :p

I haven't been doing photoreading very long so I'm certainly not an expert but it sounds to me like you're pretty clear on your purpose for reading even if you are not saying it out loud. I'm using PR for non-fictional books related to a matter I'm studying so I write out about 4 or 5 things I want to get out of the book after pre-viewing it. These serve me as my purpose.
As to your second point, I recommend that you search contributions made by "Yukula/Yukala" (sorry, I'm not clear on the spelling). This member has a lot of interesting things to say on varying the PR method.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

State your purpose to yourself. Some people do need to vocalise it in the beginning because we usually don't have a purpose for a book unless we are really interested in it.

If you pick up a book that interests you. You already have a purpose. Usually along the lines of finding anything new that relates to my interest. It would help if you learn to recognise what your purpose was. It makes it easier for books that don't interest you that you need to read. Sounds to me like you are trying too hard to make the purpose the right one. It can change at each step as you become more familiar with the book.

Doing all the steps becomes the same as driving all the steps are done in a fluid motion you don't actually skip them. You only give them as much attention as they need for that particular book. In the beginning you need to learn and pay attention and do it step by step because it's all important. Once you know it you don't really think of the steps you just flow into it.

Where is it written you may not use the finger while superreading? In fact the course mentions trying it with and without. For the majority of learners with the finger will be faster and more focused. You're not limited to a finger or pen either you can use a card as a guide.

Chants, whatever keeps your conscious mind happy and busy while you are PhotoReading.Some like the alphabet, others nursery rhymes. I prefer something along the lines of what I want from the book. So I might be changing my purpose or reminding myself of the information I need. Music? I prefer quiet nature sounds, or nothing. Heavy rock vocals and songs can be distracting, just like someone having a conversation with you while PhotoReading. I prefer to wait until the conversation is finished. Some people can ignore the TV while reading others find it distracting to read with the TV going. Try it and see and adjust for your learning style.

PhotoReading isn't technical. It's techniques. If something feels more comfortable and works use it. If it doesn't work take a step back and apply the system as taught. Adjust from there again.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved