Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#76975 11/03/10 01:14 AM
mrvegas Offline OP
OP Offline

Looking into Jeddah Mali's work has caused me to start thinking about an important part of life. I was reading a book recently that stated that much of our suffering is caused by false and limiting beliefs (many of which are probably there from childhood) that are stored in our unconscious or subconscious mind. Are any of you aware of any ways to penetrate this part of our minds in order to accomplish re-programming? I have heard a little about various forms of brainwave energy (alpha, beta, theta, etc), does one need to access specific wavelengths in order to accomplish new learning? Maybe you disagree with this, if so I would love to hear your opinions. Are there any specific Learning Strategies courses that could help in this area?
Blessings,
Robert

mrvegas #77034 11/10/10 06:41 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Hi Robert!

Many apologies for this tardy response. I was involved in a seminar from late last week through the weekend and am in the process of digging out!

It’s amazing, isn’t it, that once you start really experiencing present moment awareness you recognize how many illusions and stories you have running all the time? I think you’ll find you’re able to completely turn this around within the context of Jeddah’s programs. Most people find the “Meaning” and “Self Acceptance” meditations in Embracing Freedom to be particularly effective in shifting the old paradigm.

There’s a sort of domino effect, because once you lift the veil on one situation and see it for what it is, it becomes increasingly easy to see through all the stories and interpretations we have built around other situations, people and events. Direct experience in the present moment, without the interpretations and meanings inserted by the mind, becomes the status quo and we stop creating new stories that trip us up and deceive us.

That being said, we have a lot of other great programs and tools for working with limiting beliefs. Our Abundance for Life course is based on the premise that a lot of us are living in a “trance” state in which we never examine the basic values and beliefs by which we are conducting our lives. The “Feelings Exercise” and “Inquiry Process” in that course are very effective for breaking through the stories to the truth beneath them.

The Effortless Success course has a lot of techniques for working with limiting, distorted beliefs. Among these is releasing using the “Sedona Method,” a “Disidentification Meditation” and “Stomping out those ANTS (Automatic Negative Thoughts).”

Our library of paraliminals also provides some great tools for breaking through illusions and distortions. A couple that immediately come to mind in that context are the “New History Generator” and “Belief” paraliminals.

I don’t know what programs you already have, but would be happy to speak with you personally about your specific situation and concerns. If you still feel you would like additional support, we could determine what would be the most effective adjunct to the work you are already doing with Jeddah’s meditations.

All the best to you!
Wendy

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved