Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
TobyEL Offline OP
OP Offline

What do you do if you have to remember terms or info. that are longer than the the 26 numbers of the anchorman list/ABC List? Do you chunk all the A's together(over 26 numbers)? What if you need to remember the list in order(over 26 numbers)? Toby

Administrator
Administrator

Fistly you don't 'have to' link it to the anchorman list. You can create ABC list by chunking the subjects. R will always be 18 T will always represent 20. Do use the anchorman list if you have to remember things in order there the letter from the anchorman list A = 1 and what you connect to it can start with any other letter you just need to make a good visual connection.

If you group them categories for multiple lists you could do it this way.

Parts of a car ... under the bonnet
A= Alternator,
B= Belts
C= Carbie
D= Distributor
Etc
In the boot

A= Air (when it's empty)
B= Bottles of water
C= carpet
D= Daypack
Etc

Car passenger interior
A= Ashtray (too small for the 2 lollie wrappers)

A= could also equal automatic windows (you just turn the handle and the window goes up or down automatically)
B= Back seat
C= Console (hummm I could put that under J for junkbox)
D= Doors (4 of them)
Etc

I could probably make a list of 26 items for the exterior too, I can be Xtremely Kreative and only have to remember when I used an artisic license but then you always remember when you broke the rules . So that's four list relating to my car and instead of linking them to the anchorman list I divided aspects of my car into various subheads. Makes them easier to manage and recall.

By taking a moment to consider the grouping of your subject you can probably make it more manageable.

When it comes to remembering a sequence of numbers I still use the letter substitution method although using the anchorman list or first letter keywords you could probably create a memorable story. For remembering things in an order say up to 50 Items you use the anchorman list and a secondary list (by creating a second master list it could be an animal list since once you create a list of animals you just need to play with your recall of them in piggy bank time and you can then have 52 items to connect your ordered list to.

Alex

TobyEL Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you so much, Alex!! I just memorized Vera's Anchorman List & my modified Anchorman List using the Piggy Bank times. I'll make up an animal list to memorize, especially since I love animals. Thanks for giving me examples on the chunking. I get it now!! Toby

Hello friends,
I need to prepare ABC list for Indian Economy for GD.I spent at least 3 hours , still i could not connect more than 3 items in list of 26.Can u create me some items ,so i can continue to end of the list.Thanking you in advance.

http://www.economywatch.com/indianeconomy/
http://www.economywatch.com/indianeconomy/indian-economy-overview.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/India
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_economy

The items now available in my ABC list
A - 1 - Australia (adds population of 1 australia in each year )
B-2-BPO-2nd biggest english speaking workforce outside english major countries

Last edited by shiyaz; 01/03/11 04:09 PM.
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Quote:
.Can u create me some items ,so i can continue to end of the list.Thanking you in advance.

You're asking us to work out for you what knowledge you require?

List the items you do need to remember first. At this stage don't worry about the ABC list. You might make ordinary notes or mind map it as you learn. Then take the key points you want to remember and connect them to your ABC list.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved