Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

I have found http://www.lifegrowth4u.com/knowyourlifepurpose.html link helpful for hint towords my purpose.

I found the seeds of my purpose in remembering what I wanted or were important to me as a child: solitude,climbing trees, curiosity, people getting along and not fighting (I grew up during the violence of the 60's), reading, and making up poetry and songs and entertaining people. I also saw that I liked helping people, and going for Sunday drives and exploring new places. I was able to come up with a purpose statement that included all these things. Children come into the world naturally moving towards their purpose. So, identifying what came naturally before I was told to sit up straight, don't bother people, we can't afford it, be practical, or was scared out of my wits by "socializing influcences" -- that was the key for me.
Maybe this will help you. Keep us posted.

It is hard to go about your daily life without knowing your purpose because that way, you would not know how to move and react to certain events and situations.

So, I suggest that you find what you really are geared for in life. I mean, if you have passion for teaching, be a teacher. It is not always about getting the big bucks for whatever you do as long as you are happy.

That has been a common misconception about working, really. And it is starting to feel like people are living to earn money.

ateddy #78968 12/09/11 06:30 PM

purpose is something your drawn to without effort. The clues are there, always.

For me as a kid I always wanted to be a national geographic photographer and travel the world. Am I completely hooked into that one option, no. As I grew older I discovered I love creativity, aka art and its many forms.

I'm good at solving mysteries too, lol.

I just started this course, and discovered somethings that correlate to events from the past. No conclusions on any of that yet.

My sister passed away earlier in the year and in some ways I felt stuck, felt a lot of other things too but today I find myself cleaning house. I've already been outside, shoveled the snow and cleaned off the vehicles. Dishes are almost done and I'm working on the office.

What led to this was the question from the 4th cd in the main course that asked to come up with 7 things you like about your life. I just couldn't answer that question.

TommyZ #79238 02/20/12 04:19 AM

My job was made redundant in December and I thought that this presented me with a perfect opportunity to find my real purpose in life and to access my inner wisdom. I have tried both meditations on a number of occasions over the past 3 months and mostly not seen anything. On one occasion I thought I saw a "key" for both meditations, and today I thought I saw a "finger print" for the inner wisdom meditation and nothing for my life's purpose meditation. These images were more like a concept rather than a crystal clear picture of the item that I could see in my mind. There was no feeling of "WOW" I have found it - only a greater sense of confusion. What else can I do - I have not progressed beyond this point as I feel that knowing one's purpose is core to gaining maximum benefit from this course.

Thanks and Kind Regards

Antony
Antz #79256 02/21/12 08:11 AM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

With regard to purpose I happen to believe we do it anyway. Whatever we do we only need to do it with love then it would be on purpose.

Have a look at your childhood fun. What did you enjoy doing, what put you in the zone?

Before you did the meditations you probably had some thought what you might do. It's there somewhere. Answers from the meditations mean keep your eye out, look for the key, are your keys lying on a job advertisement? What did you have near your fingers? Remember that the answers are often metaphors or signpost. Not definitive narrative of what you should do. The answer to finding your purpose is often just a sign of ... "take this next action. You've got your finger on what you should be doing next." (finger print)

Alex

I feel nostalgic reading some of the posts here. Thank you!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved