Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I'm new to this version of feng shui. And, I love beaches and plants - in addition to other things. Hence, our bedroom has both live plants and images of water. I can't seem to find the answer to why these are not supposed to be in the bedroom. My partner, Brian, and I are both 9s so I do know that we are fire. But, the water and plant thing applies to everyone. Thanks for your help, Christine

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha cpcranston,

Thank you for the question.

I'm not sure why you say you are both fine because you are 9's. Would you explain that a little to me? Thank you.

Here is an excerpt from an article on Bedroom Feng Shui in the Diamond Feng Shui Newsletter.

Quote:
Water and water images
Water creates an energy field of emotion. When people have water in their bedroom, it attracts problems in their relationship like lack of passion because it cools down the fire. Water also leads to lack of concentration in students and emotional problems for children. Water fountains and images of water should be removed and placed in areas of the home where there is more activity. The same goes for an aquarium in a child’s room. If they want to keep it in their room, make sure it is covered at night so it has less impact.

Living plants
The energy of living plants is too active for the bedroom. If you want to have more energy yourself the next day, use only silk plants in the bedroom. Place these in the East, Southeast, or South of your bedroom.

Much Love, Shawn

Thank you for those clarifications... however, I had more questions to add to this topic. I've been working on DFS now for 4 months and my husband and I are both fire. We are from Hawaii and also enjoy ocean pics, etc. Our wedding pic in our bedroom has water in the background and we also have a noise machine for our little ones who sleep in our room and it plays a water sound all night. Are these detrimental to our health/energy? I feel concerned but not sure what to do. Also, my husband's office has many pics with the ocean, water, etc. Are these dampening the fire energy? He wants to add a wave pic in the waiting room... what to do? I'm not even sure if I'm wording this correctly. Ideas?

Hi,

have you checked your fortune element? Even if your kua number is 9 and 9 is related to fire, the fortune element could be totally different (you'll find this information in the level 1 manual).

On the other hand, Feng Shui is not about avoiding things you like. It's about balance. Maybe you need water to find balance...
From a time feng shui perspective (level 3) water features in the right place have a wonderful impact on your finances...

Somewhere in level 1 Marie mentions that water images in the bedroom because water in the bedroom would lead to financial losses as well.

As Shawn has quoted a water feature in the bedroom could lead to a lack of concentration. If you're worried, I would suggest you simply observe the situation and maybe experiment with switching off the sound for 9 days and then evaluate the reaction of the kids. smile

Good on ya'
Astrid

Our fortune element is fire, and both of our numbers are 3. Our boys are also fire, but different numbers. I moved the wedding pic out of the bedroom and changed the sound from stream to wind. I have seen recently that our oldest doesn't wake up crying anymore, if he does wake up he calmly asks what he needs or moves to another position, and our little one is calmer too. So interesting.

Now we'll be transitioning them into their own room and I have a side question... about their position of their bed. Should children be in a power position in the room (facing the entrance) or head directed to their best direction? Which is more important bc both cannot be met. Thanks again!

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha kanoeo,

the bed direction (top of head pointing as per the Essentials course) is first, then the king & queen's position.

Much Love,

Shawn

Hi kanoeo,

If your fortune element is fire, then I do not remember any suggestion in the course to weaken the fortune element.
If your fortune element is fire then you should support it by wearing fire colours and wood colours.

Love,
Astrid

Thank you for your posts, they have been very helpful.
I have recently moved into a dorm room for college, so I live in one room and it has a sink. Since (as I understand it) water and drains are to be avoided, how might I deal with the sink that is not concealed in any way and is essentially in my bedroom?
Thanks,
Heather

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha heathermg,

Just keep the sink drain plugged while not in use.

Shawn

Well, that is quite new to me. frown I have never heard of that fact before. Though my mother is quite attached to plants and flowers she did not know this either. I just bought some new house plants for my bedroom but I guess after this information I have to find different spots in my apartment to place the plants. smile

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved