Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I'm curious if there are any stock or futures traders here who can photoread stock charts and then make day trading decisions based on signals from their inner mind..

Learning Strategies Admin

Have you learned to trade? That's the first part. Use PhotoReading to learn to trade. You might still find there is a block in successful trading. I have witness someone do well on stimulation but then when moving to actual trades (with real money involved) they didn't do as well. That's because there is a self image that influences the success. The self image can block you from successful trades.

Let us know how you go with it.

Alex

OP Offline

My plan is to photoread a bunch of stock charts everyday as well as photoreading some good books on trading, finance, and economics. Then I'll put up some money that I can afford to lose and "activate" by looking at the charts during trading day and trading based on initial gut feeling alone, hopefully gained from photoreading the charts.

I'd like to report how this goes but it's a bit cumbersome to set up a system where I can photoread thousands of stock charts every day. Anyone have suggestions?

I think it's something more similar to direct learning than to manual activation.

William O'Neil's How to Make Money in Stocks is one "system" for an uptrend market.

If you want to develop your own system: Van K. Tharp's SuperTrader book and others.

I've photoread and activated Tharp at the bookstore (several times, lol) and own O'Neil. O'Neil starts his book with 100 successful chart patterns from actual stocks to show how they repeat historically.

How much do I trust his material? I'm starting with 5,000 and am willing to be out of the market until the combination of his systems indicate be in the market.

OP Offline

I'm also reading "Mastering the Trade" by John Carter and "Way of the Turtle" by Curtis Faith.. I've tried many different systems and strategies but the only ones that I've actually been able to make money off of are trend-following types..

Originally Posted By: PreconsciousPwr
William O'Neil's How to Make Money in Stocks is one "system" for an uptrend market.

If you want to develop your own system: Van K. Tharp's SuperTrader book and others.

I've photoread and activated Tharp at the bookstore (several times, lol) and own O'Neil. O'Neil starts his book with 100 successful chart patterns from actual stocks to show how they repeat historically.

How much do I trust his material? I'm starting with 5,000 and am willing to be out of the market until the combination of his systems indicate be in the market.

Q-Charts is pretty pricey, but you can set up your list of stocks and whatever time frames and studies you want - on one screen or several. Then you just select the top stock symbol from your list and click down through your entire list. With a good computer, load time should be good. TD Ameritrade may be able to do the same thing for free with a $3500 account.

OP Offline

Originally Posted By: NancyD
Q-Charts is pretty pricey, but you can set up your list of stocks and whatever time frames and studies you want - on one screen or several. Then you just select the top stock symbol from your list and click down through your entire list. With a good computer, load time should be good. TD Ameritrade may be able to do the same thing for free with a $3500 account.

I'm currently using "Incredible Charts Pro" (free version) for photoreading stock charts. It's not perfect, no intraday charts is my biggest complaint. However, all that I need to do to scroll the charts is to tap the Right Cursor on my keyboard. That's the most critical feature!

I wish Freestockcharts.com could do the same.. unfortunately, I need to drag the scrolling bar at the bottom to scroll my charts which makes it difficult to maintain photofocus. That's unacceptable!

I'm considering switching my broker to Tradestation because of the excellent charts they have (and can scroll by cursor)..

I think this thread has gotten a little off topic, talking about the best charting platforms...

Back to the original question and perhaps Alex can shed a little more light onto this. Say we were already profitble traders and to an extent, could say we've conquered some of our subconscious barriers.

Could photoreading be used to look at 200 charts for example, then upon activation you could have a gut feel that there was a certain price pattern you were looking for on one of them? ie can it be used on charts or diagrams, or is the technique predominantly for text?

Thanks,

Milti.

Have you tried it?

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved