Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#78383 07/07/11 01:51 PM
OP Offline

Hello

I am not sure I get what Jeddah is saying in her Seeds of Enlightenment. I am not really clear maybe because I am a visual person. Is there a visual representation of how the experience is registered by the consciousness for all of us visuals?

Thanks

harilaos #78409 07/12/11 04:00 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Hi Harilaos!

I’m not clear which portion of Jeddah’s program you are finding challenging, but here is a general response. If this doesn’t answer your specific situation, please provide some detail so we can tweak your experience, although I hope you can learn to trust that whatever is occurring is already perfect.

I am also often a visual learner, but Jeddah’s program is so intensely experiential that I found myself integrating her teachings from a multi-sensory perspective almost immediately.

For example, the state I arrived at in the first meditation “Conscious Awareness in the Present Moment” was an incredibly open, spacious feeling. Its visual component was an expansive crystalline white light with golden rays interspersed. I don’t generally get auditory feedback, but if I did, I think it would have been something akin to Beethoven’s “Ode to Joy.”

Kinesthetically, there was a sense of open focus – a feeling of being completely aware of my existence in the present moment, but also an awareness of being part of an incredible sea of energy. I was it and it was me. There was a sense of total connection, but at the same time one of infinite possibility. All the previously perceived boundaries became flexible to the point that they were almost non-existent

It is important that as you do Jeddah’s meditations, you just go with the flow and allow whatever surfaces to be there as it is. When you do this, there is a natural evolvement and sense of growth and completion at the same time. There is no right or wrong, and whatever happens is okay.

If you continue to desire visual input, simply notice whatever visual components naturally arise and ask for more of those. My suspicion is that the more you work with these materials, the more multi-sensory your experience will be.

It’s all unfolding perfectly!

With love,
Wendy

harilaos #79533 04/09/12 07:51 PM

Hello,

I certainly don't get it.

I'm going with it, but when Jeddah Mali says something is taking care of my breathing, I find myself thinking 'yes, my central nervous system'. And when she says something like 'we knew it not', I just find this pretentious, what is wrong with 'we did not know it'?

I don't find I go anywhere as she speaks, I don't seem to relax more, I'm just sitting there waiting for it to end.

I'm going to continue with the CD set I have, Seeds of Enlightenment, but at the moment, I feel it is unlikely I'll go any further.

Jodi

Jodiamond #79580 04/16/12 05:01 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Hi Jodi!

It sounds as if you tend to process very literally, which I also do. With regard to the taking care of the breathing, if you can go beyond the practicalities of the central nervous system doing the breathing, what is driving that system? What caused you to have a central nervous system in the first place? How incredible is it that you are here in physical form at all?

Once you start expanding your perceptions in this way, you start really tuning in to how miraculous it all is. This understanding will definitely expand as you work through the eight meditations in the Seeds of Enlightenment program.

If you received the program within the last thirty days we can extend your guarantee up to six months. You can do this via email, snail mail or a phone call. It might be prudent to do that, in light of your doubts.

With regard to the languaging, Jeddah does sometimes use some poetic license, but I really enjoy that. It feels as if I'm stepping out of the normal humdrum and into a magical realm. Try using it as a tool to hone your expansion skills by embracing it as best you can.

All the best to you!
Wendy

Hello Wendy,

thanks for this, I'm going to keep going and see what happens.

Jodi

Jodiamond #79646 04/29/12 02:25 AM

Can I just add my two cents and Wendy please correct me if I say anything wrong here.

I am relatively new to all this and it does sound bizarre.

This is what I have come to realise

All our lives we have been conditioned to believe the thinking mind rules the show, Rational thought is what it is all about, feelings, emotions are just bi products of the thinking mind and are treated as wasteful non useful aspects or our selves.

The saying don't let your heart rule your head is an example of where we are now.

Yes, these things sound irrational to your logical thinking mind, your ego, your identity based on your conditioned belief systems which has taken a life time to hem the real 'you' inside its ever so limiting cage.

Yes your central nervous system is taking care of your breathing but what Jeddah (I think) is trying to say is that your logical rational ego does not have to think about breathing. It will be perfectly fine (probably far better off even) without your conscious intervention.

Your whole body has as much to offer you as your thinking mind.

What is aware that you are thinking? When you become aware that you can see your thoughts you start to become aware that you are NOT your thoughts.

The heart I think is the real ruler (if there is one) and it should be listened to.

How you listen to its subtle messages is through feelings ie whether something feels right or wrong TO YOU.

This material is not fundamentally new, but its presented in a refreshing innovative manner. If you listen to say Jon Kabit Zin, Shinzen Young, Eckahrat Tolle, they are basically say the same thing which has been the message of buddhism, yoga and the like for eons.

I never ever thought of myself as spiritual or whatever that means but I got into all this when I realized "Its all about energy". I could almost feel some peoples energy and thought I was going mad. So I started researching it and discovered this whole spirituality field. I have always shunned religion, and its dogma which has taken messages of great spiritual teachers and twisted it for the their own ends - which is basically to make people live in fear.

Even science agrees, Quantum physics says that there must be one consciousness or we would all see different things. Then there is the whole aspect of wave and particle phenomena. Read Dr Fred Allan Wolf who is a quantum physicist. When you do read the Quantum scientists material they always end up sounding like buddhists..

Go with it. Honestly its changed my life. You are responsible for everything about your life, good and bad.

If you want more scientific based material so your rational thinking mind can feel comfortable I reccommend Shinzen Youngs The Science of Enlightenment.

He is good but predominantly Zen based. What I like about Jeddahs material is that this is not treated as an un attainable goal (except for those who can suffer twenty years living on a few grains of rice, sitting in silence for twenty years in a Japanese Zen monastry) but rather is our natural state. Its not a journey with no end. You are it now, just realise it.

Last edited by KentSydney; 04/29/12 02:47 AM.
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Hi Kent!

I love the way you think and how it's come together for you.

Lots of love,
Wendy

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved