Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#78613 09/12/11 10:14 AM
NateDog Offline OP
OP Offline

Has Master Lin ever mentioned anything about Astrology? I know he says Astrology is part of Qigong..along with all the other stuff like biology, psychology, etc. So does he recomend looking at it? Or is it a waste of time? I thought he mentioned one time - something to the effect that our karma could be changed by practicing Qigong...and another part of our Karma or life is determined by the planets? Will just practicing SFQ take care of the Astrolgy need?

NateDog #78625 09/17/11 11:07 PM

Just my opinion but I would say that proper use of SFQ will go a long way in making changes in your life. Nine months ago I began one of three devastating heart attacks. This wasn't supposed to happen to me because I exercised regularly, ate right, etc. Well, it DID happen to me. I had been doing hard forms of martial arts and some taiji for many years. At the time I felt that I couldn't afford Master Lin's course. I got a break on that and changed my mind. I started SFQ in February or March. I had gone from incredible stamina and strength to being unable to stand on one leg for more that a half second without falling over. At first I could barely make it through one round of active exercise and my chi seemed to be non-existent. Very soon I was doing one hour. Early every morning I do one hour of active and small universe off and on during the day. I follow the instructions, going into the void, etc. My doctors are amazed at my progress. I have gone from being a man who wasn't supposed to survive to one who has graduated from cardio rehab with a 75% gain in strength and stamina and will soon be released to return to some mild training. Now mind you I am still weak in comparasion to where I used to be. But, I AM making progress.

I apologize if this is a long account. But I credit the Grace of God and SFQ for a lot of my recovery.

D

kahkahwee #78655 09/25/11 04:06 AM

I cannot speak for Master Lin although I'm sure his view is pretty traditional on this subject. The subject of Astrology is pretty esoteric. If you get into the Feng Shui Compass and study it you find a few schools of Astrology. In Buddhism you also find another view on Astrology, Taoism probably even more so. All of these are very practical sciences but can take years to do on your own or finding a Master is it's own challenge. It is such a deep subject that it's not practical for most people to talk about unless you want to spend a few years doing it.

If you want to try, look up Stephen Skinner and his books on Feng Shui Compass for a light read. If you can understand the Heaven Ring I'm sure you will have an aha moment and see some possibilities.

If you are talking about Western Astrology Mr Skinner can help you there also.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved