Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#78760 10/25/11 03:24 PM
OP Offline

Hi, I have been preacting qigong for about 6 weeks now and often find that my mind drifts into self talk. I am sometimes in the empty space but sometimes not. Does this mean that it won't work or should I just go with whatever is going on and trust that the process is working. Is this something that will get easier to do or is there something I can do in the meantime to get more fully into the process?
Shane

Good, Better, Best is good to remember. You are gaining benefit, despite drifting. The more you practice the deeper you will be able to go. You have answered your own questions really so you know deep down that you are doing well, but your mind is telling you otherwise. trust yourself and the universe.

Don't resist the drifting or label it as 'bad' or a distraction. The drifting is to your benefit. Anytime it occurs and you catch yourself doing it, note it as "drifting" and return to your meditation. Eventually and gradually, your mind will drift less and automatically return.

Hope it helps! wink
~Z

OP Offline

Thanks both for this! I guessed as much anyway but always nice to have things confirmed! Shane

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved