Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

It's been a combination of both choice and inability to choose, if that makes sense(?) Our 10-year-old daughter has had two brain tumors, the first when she was 3, and that has kept us together.
I have a inner voice that likes to confound me!--when I make a decision to stay with Ron, the voice says "You need to be away from him to grow and be yourself." And when I make the decision to leave Ron, the voice says "The work you need to do on yourself is the issue, not the relationship."

My interpretation of your posting is that you need to concentrate on yourself. Your husband is just a catalyst of underlying problems and, since he is always in your life, that stirs the problems up all the time. It's like a yo-yo movement, but you have not been able to start releasing yet so you can start the next stage of your life.

For my personal development path I have used a number of tools, not all from LSC. I do have the Paraliminals, Resiliency, Effortless Success and a few others. I believe you should start with a meditation program first to calm down and relax. I do not have Jeddah's Seed of Enlightment, but I am told it is very good. As a way of rebuilding your life, Effortless Success is very effective. It's a good program.

If you decide to use the Paraliminals, you should also consider buying the Accelerator which allows you to get a lot more out of them.

I hope it helps.

Learning Strategies Admin

So you want to be more decisive about what makes you happy. Get off the stay or go swing to be happy.

I suggest opening the Happy for No Reason book at random and try the exercise in that section for a few days or a week.

Meanwhile give yourself permission to remain undecided about your relationship. You could leave but you don't leave yourself. First you need to find yourself. The Resiliency course would be another option whether you decide to stay or not.

Alex

Dear Alex and Uniquesoul, thanks for your thoughtful words, and they definitely hit home. My meditation program is that of Eknath Easwaran's, and it is crucial, I agree (it's also hard!). And the idea of giving myself permission not to decide about my marriage is LOVELY, one that I just came to myself, a couple of days ago!
I was talking to my sister and telling her about my wish to have a quick and positive thought to insert over any negative ones that arise about my husband. The information Marci shared in her book about negative thoughts being velcro because of humanity's original tenuous existence led us to a rather humorous thought for me to use: "Ron is not a sabre-toothed tiger!" I'm grateful for this forum and for your insight....

I just finished it today and I loved this book and think that it's about time there were tools to apply all of the information that's out there. Iam going to be starting a discussion group on my website.

The Resiliency course is excellent. I have it and listenedto it several times.

Hey I just finished the book today... Does anyone want to make a support group?? we can use skype or msn!

Hi Melina and others, I also finished reading the book recently and I am willing to join some support group. If some group exists please let me know. Otherwise we can connect over skype. Send me a PM if interested and we can share our skype IDs.

I'm curious if a support group was ever created.

I would be interested, depending on the time and day.

Support groups have come and gone. I suggest PMing the people who have asked to join groups and see if you can create one together.

Alex

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved