Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

Hello,

I get pretty severe shaking in the legs after practising qi gong for more than 5 minutes standing up. (I am fairly weak due to cfs).

I am assuming i just need time to build up so I would like to know the best way to do that.

In the manual it says you can do any sequence of the exersises for any period. Is that correct??

If so, how do i start it and how do i end it, say if im only doing 5-10 minutes?

I am really feeling the qi in my hands, so i want to continue, just cant get past total weakness in the legs which puts me off doing it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you!

Hey,

Shaking when just beginning/learning qigong is actually very common, especially when coming from a "weak" state. In fact, the "shakes" in the legs is the most common type of noticeable effect people get. The shakes might last a few practice sessions or so, but they do go away soon. Very intense energy in the hands is another. Gradually, your energy will become smooth and transparent (very subtle, but VERY strong)

Just work though it, you doing good. The "putting off doing it" is part of the energy which the shakes are coming from.

Let's put it this way, if "you" were stale energy living in a body, would you want to leave easily? Think of the shakes from that symbolic perspective. They are in fact the weakness leaving, but at the same time, they are that "lack of motivation" energy. When you actually get to practicing and make it past that part, practice becomes addicting.

As for opening/closing, if you're doing it that short, just spend a minute or so doing it. Opening not to worry about so much, but closing, yeah spend the normal time (about two minutes or so). Qi gong transforms (subtly) the body from a weak one into a strong one. You'll definitely want to work up your time to at least 15-20 minutes to get even more of a benefit from it. However, even 5-10 is good, which is A LOT more than some people do.

~Z

OP Offline

Thanks for your response, definately food for thought and i will keep going!

When you say closing, do you mean the 'harvesting qi' exercise?

Also, if im only able to do 5-10 mins, what exercise should i do? does it matter?

Thanks again,

For closing, I'm talking about "mentally closing the channels and storing your energy"... This is the part where you spend 1-2 minutes visualizing your energy in your dantien and it condenses into an energy pill. Doing this, will conserve the energy you've harvested, (so any stale energy runs out after your practice and not your fresh energy you've gained).

In fact, speaking of that, when you're done practicing, you may notice that your energy is still balancing (even after the closing) the idea of closing, is to keep the new energy and let your body naturally remove the old.

~Z

Hello,

Since I have Arthritis very badly in my shoulders (right one already has prosthesis in it) and the left one with very debilitating pain, I am still practicing the "active exercises". When I started the pain was very severe and I could hardly raise my arms, but after one month of continued practice, I am raising my arms almost fully stretched out. I am finding that my shoulders are getting stronger and stronger with each day's practice. I have only left Sunday out as I want my shoulders to relax. I believe 100% that I will heal myself. I love Qigong and one day be a great Healer like Master Lin. Thank you so much and have a blessed day.

I also had shaking and pain in the legs, but that soon disapperas in time.

Love,
Jay

OP Offline

Thank you both for your responses.

I have re-listened to the cds and i am a lot clearer now on waht to do!

Zakyrus, your info has cleared up my confusion on the ending. Thank you!

Jay, your story is inspiring me to continue. Thank you!

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

goatigirl,

You can also have a chair right behind you, so when you get to that "enough" point, you can smoothly and effortlessly sit down and continue your exercises without missing much of a beat. After spinning the energy ball in your lower Dantain as Z mentioned, you can do the full Harvesting of Qi (if you have the time - it's good stuff), or an abbreviated version like Master Lin guides you through at the end of the Small Universe meditation.

Much Love,

Shawn

OP Offline

Hi Shawn,

Thats a great idea and i will try it.

Also, if im only doing 10 minutes at the moment, is it best to do just a few minutes of each exercise or is there a minimum amount for each exercise? so better to do just a few of the exercises?

Thanks again,
Sophia

Hello goatigirl, you've already gotten good replies, but I would like to echo some of these thoughts. If I was having difficulty with my legs, I would do as Shawn suggested and have a chair right behind me. I will also suggest an alternate to sitting down. You can straighten your legs a little (not to the knee lock position) and it should be easier to stand.

Sitting is fine too. It is all part of the Good Better Best idea. I would suggest completing the active meditation in the modified stance or seated position. Modified meditation is better than no meditation. If after sitting out one or two movements you can return to standing, that too is better. Complete the meditation as best you can.

As you go from best posture to modified posture keep a positive smiling and grateful mind. Be thankful to had done so much and soon to do more. Any negative thoughts about your practice should be smiled at and sent on their way like willful children.

You are perfection,
Iam2

Good advice lam2,

"It is all part of the Good Better Best idea."

Something sort of popped out when I read that.

Once there was a Master who spent many years seeking Enlightenment, more and more he felt closer--but yet Enlightenment eluded him. After years of working at it, he gave up trying.

Some time after, he was walking in a market and overheard a meat vendor/butcher talking with a customer. The customer demanded that the butcher give to him the very best meat that he had in stock. "Why good sir", the butcher replied, "EVERY slice of meat I have is the best."

Upon overhearing this, the Master realized Enlightenment.

wink

~Z

Last edited by Zakyrus; 11/17/11 05:21 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved