Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi, I purchased the first Seeds of Enlightenment meditations over a year ago and absolutely love it.

My question is when can I move onto the second set of meditations??

Just to fill you in on my experience so far.

I listened as instructed in sequence so the meditations sink in and usually listen to one or two again every week.

I have struggled with the energy centers and bodies meditations as I find it difficult to feel the energy but I do get something out of it.

I have noticed that my outlook on life has changed. I no longer regard myself as English whereas before I was a very proud Englishman. It's just that I don't identify myself like that anymore. I don't get involved in day to day needless drama, care less what people think of me and do my best to think as less as possible!

I'm more relaxed and at work and go with the flow, I no longer crave or even want recognition and no longer mind being wrong, that is so liberating. I don't worry if I'm not invited to a meeting or on a certain project or whatever. It's like I notice that most people seem to be tilting at windmills and fighting imaginary monsters and seeing conspiracy theories everywhere. Most people just seem to live in an imaginary world. I used to be like that too.

I still feel crappy sometimes but can notice it and just let it be. It's that as I meditate every day I can see what thoughts or events made me feel crappy. There aren't 1000's of thoughts floating about so that before I wasn't aware why I was feeling a particular way. I try and change my thoughts if I feel bad as that's the sign to go another way.

So yes I honestly can say I have changed for the better and sincerely thank Jeddah for her wonderful meditations.

I'm looking forward to the second and third sets but only when I am ready.

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Hi Kent!

It sounds as if you are more than ready to move on to Embracing Freedom, the second course in the Changing the Paradigm series.

Isn't it great how the unified paradigm, which is becoming such a natural part of your everyday life, enables you to go with the flow? It's as if we no longer buy into the picayune nature of so many of the things that we earlier found so distressing. Embracing Freedom will continue this expansion as you continue to release the filters through which you see the world and step fully into self acceptance and self responsibility.

I would continue to revisit the energy bodies and energy centers meditations periodically, but allow your experience to be just what it is. Some people don't tend to process their world through feelings, so be sure to check and see if you are seeing or hearing them instead. Remember, too, that initial perceptions are often subtle. As you continue to work with Jeddah's materials, your acuity will change.

Keep expanding!

With love,
Wendy

OP Offline

Hi Wendy, thanks for the reply.

I actually brought the Mp3 of EF last Saturday and have been listening to Willing and Allowing all week.

Wow it has moved on and I hadn't heard of willing and allowing before. It certainly turbocharges intentions but it will take some time to get use to I think.

Can I make an intention with willing and allowing to be friends again with someone I was friends with but had a misunderstanding a few years ago?? So I mean can you influence another or events to make it happen even if its just as innocent as wanting to be friends again???

I'm looking forward to more of Embracing freedom and have to hold myself back from listening before the week is up.

Thanks!

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Hi again, Kent!

You can certainly set an intention to improve a relationship or circumstance, but you cannot control someone else's behavior or responses. That being said, however, when we change our own attitude toward a situation or a person, it's amazing how often the entire paradigm shifts.

The ripple effect that occurs when we set an intention and put it out to the universe frequently seems magical. I've had several people purposefully set intentions to mend a troublesome past relationship and they actually received a communication from that person shortly after they shifted their own outlook.

So by all means, set a clear and powerful intention to mend the misunderstanding and see what happens. One of the Embracing Freedom meditations that is really conducive to opening to other possiblities is the one on "Meaning." I think you'll find that one to be very helpful in this context.

Let me know how it all transpires!

With love,
Wendy

OP Offline

Hi Wendy,
thanks, I'll give it a try.
I have listened to the Holding Consciousness Steady mediation and wow, I think this must be the pivotal meditation of all (including Seeds Of...). Surely this is what it's all about, becoming continuous conscious awareness in the present moment?

I have to confess I now listen to the meditations in my car on the way and from work. I know this isn't recommended but isn't meditation about becoming more alert and present and if you do it with your eyes closed all the time it's harder to integrate into your life ?

One difference between this series and other more traditional meditation such as mindfulness is that the others seem to say don't fight the present or try and change anything, just accept it the way it is as wanting things causes pain. But intending certain outcomes out of life is NOT accepting how things are?

I think I get it but can you clarify this one ? (OK playing devils advocate here but it would to get a confirmation to this paradox)

I just cant get enough of Jeddahs material, I think it is the most profound teaching I have ever listened to. Seeds Of Enlightenment was the start but I had heard some of the themes before (which is good as there is only one truth I suppose) but Iv'e never heard antything like the meditations in Embracing Freedom before. It really is taking things to a whole new level.

I wish I could go on the retreat she is having in California in May. I will go on one she has in the future as I just KNOW she is the real deal.

One thing I am impressed with is that unlike others like Eckhart Tolle (who is great but I just don't get his Pain body approach which seems to be giving too much importance and an identity to a whole load of pain..) Jeddah didn't have to go through extreme pain and suffering to get there. From what Iv'e read she seemed to be born like this.

I have watched the Conscious TV interview with her and I am taken by her stillness and humor. She doesn't move hardly at all in the hours interview (not like a stiff manikin though), no emotional leakage just calm, cheerful presence. Others can come across as severe and very very serious..

Also love the production and quality of the meditations, they are beautifully crafted, and the ambient "music" is brilliant and obviously not thrown together in a hurry.

So thanks again and people around me are noticing how calm I am and even asking me about becoming more happy!!

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Hi again, Kent!

I'm a little uncomfortable with you listening to Jeddah's meditations when driving to and from work. I take it you're able to stay completely alert? One of the things you might start experimenting with is doing the meditations on your own between listening sessions.

I find this is a really great way to integrate the concepts and be able to take them out into the world with me. I don't need Jeddah's voice in my ears to be able to live the wisdom.

For me, acceptance of what is going on is a crucial part of opening to the possiblities of what could be. Lisa Nichols has a cute analogy that if you don't know where the "you are here" dot is on a shopping center map, you don't have any perspective on where you are relative to where you want to be. Setting an intention is akin to setting your course to your desired destination. I think you're really going to enjoy the "Self Acceptance and "Self Responsiblity" meditations in Embracing Freedom.

It's great to hear you are finding that calm focus within.

Much love,
Wendy

OP Offline

Hi Wendy,
I find Im very alert whilst I drive and meditate. For me meditation is becoming more aware of the present moment whatever it contains. I do appreciate your concern though but I find I'm a better driver not like when I would arrive and realized wow how did I get here, I was daydreaming all the way.

I listened to the meaning meditation yesterday. I found it difficult to think of something which gives me meaning. I realized last year that I know longer identified with being English for example. It just clicked that I was limiting myself by being associated with the English stereotype. I love the UK but I don't feel particularly English now. National identies are limiting, very limiting I think.

I used to associate my career with meaning but now I really don't. I don't even seek acknowledgment at work.

What I also realized was that I lived my life worried what others think of me. This was more limiting and I know ive held myself back from huge chunks of life. I don't really mind what others think of me now. I know what people think is mostly rubbish so I reason if I think rubbish mostly then others must think rubbish so why worry about opinions anymore. I am always courteous and friendly to others just that I don't let others stop me from doing what I really want to do now.

The only thing which I could think of about meaning was a sense deep inside of being in love but is this a meaning thing? I just feel it is and I can't do anything about it even if I'd want to.

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Hi Kent!

Sounds like a state of Grace to me!!!

Much love,
Wendy

OP Offline

Hi Wendy,
You asked to keep you posted about me re connecting with someone I had a mid understanding with.

Well today I just new I was going to bump Into them and speak to them.

Well I did!! It did freek me out as I have been wanting this for several years now.

So I know now with real physical proof that intention with allowing works.

Onto self acceptance meditation now. I feel I
Do accept myself already.

I just notice how limiting we have made our lives which are controlled by social conventions and religiously based rules which have no basis in reality.

Thanks again.

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Hi Kent!

You're right - it's absolutely amazing how our "meanings" and the story we create around them keep us locked into such a finite perception of reality.

Think of all those people who don't yet have any idea of the freedom and expansion that are their birthright. We are so incredibly fortunate!

With love,
Wendy

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved