OP Offline

Having an issue with sorting out what to focus on during
the little circle meditation. It seems that we're supposed
to focus on both pushing the energy from one energy center to
the next on the outbreath while simultaneously with the same
outbreath expelling the negative energy in the form of
visualized smoke or some other image. I'm sure i'm missing
something here, as it seems impossible to do both without
ending up pushing the expelled negative energy into an energy center instead of out into the universe. I only have the DVD
and the workbook for level 1, maybe this has been covered elsewhere.

If by little circle meditation you mean the small universe meditation, what I do is focus on pushing the energy from point to point. I occasionally focus on seeing the smoke or butterflies leave my body whenever I intuitively “remember” to do so. I don’t force the experience so much because the worry, the stress, the “forcing” also creates more blockages. Set your intention before you meditate by putting a smile on your face, focusing on your lower dantien, breathing deeply three times, saying the password, “I am in the universe….the universe is in my body, etc.”, calling on God, universal love or whatever works for you to support and guide your meditation and then trust that the universe is helping to get rid of the “negative” energy or as Chunyi likes to refer to it, the “extra” energy in the body. Also tell the universal love or God what you would like to happen. Such as “I want to heal from cancer, diabetes, sleep better, become a better artist, etc.”

The very act of the small universe or at least one of its purposes is to restore balance to the body so any increase in symptoms shows us that the blockage is being removed and the energy center is opening. Any time you activate your small universe you are purifying your energy. If you also start your meditations while visualizing yourself in yellow light and feeling this light permeating deeply your body and into your cells this helps to purify your energy too but let the image go and trust that the energy is intelligent, which it is, that it is doing everything it can to make sure that your energy is balanced and that your optimal health is restored and maintained.

What’s so brilliant about Chunyi’s approach is that he makes it so that before you start your meditations through calling on that universal love, you are already in a higher, more spiritual frame of mind and place even if it doesn’t outrightly feel that way at first. In the light, you are guided and you are protected. Practicing small Universe and any of the other exercises helps us to realize and remember that even more. The negative or extra energy in the body is dissipating and leaving the body as opposed to being circulated around the body. Or think of it this way as you practice the small universe the extra energy gets thinner and thinner from point to point as you breathe and circulate the energy. That’s why the deep breathing along with the small universe is amazing because in addition to moving the energy around you are also releasing it through breathing through the whole body. Best of health to you!

tonesg Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks for the in depth reply. You did
a great job of clarifying things.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved