Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi all,

I was talking to a local Chi Kung practitioner in my area. I told her about Spring Forest Qigong and that I am using Qigong to heal a heart defect. I was quite surprised by her response.

She said that Qigong is a very powerful healing art but it must be learned from a teacher or Master only and not from a DVD or CD. She added that The Small Universe is an advanced exercise and not to be practised by somebody who has not even started properly yet. It is important to clear other blockages before doing the Small Universe.

Finally she said her genuine advise is to find a teacher who can teach me good Qigong with chi flow. Especially because of my heart condition she said I should not continue with the CD, as it is too advanced for where I am at the moment and one other piece of advice is it is never advisable to send chi or energy to your heart area. It is too strong and will weaken the heart instead of strengthen it.

I am now very confused and worried. I would love to hear anyone's opinions or advice as I really want to try Qigong.

Hi Gerard1975,

I started using the self-study course close to 10 years ago (mostly for depression and some minor but chronic issues I had been experiencing for a long time) About 5 years after that I met Chunyi and started going to retreats and classes. I found the self-study course to be amazingly empowering and helpful. Not only physically but mentally, emotionally and spiritually. The power of the self-study course is that it is carefully designed by Master Lin, for the westerner to use it safely, efficiently and profoundly. My practice deepened once I began to actually learn from Mr. Lin in person and I have since become much more confident in myself as a healer and when it comes to healing myself when needed. He does emphasize in Level 1, I believe, not to put energy directly into the heart.

I recommend reading Chunyi's book, Born A Healer, so you can learn about his life journey to Qigong and how he developed his philosophy and Qigong program that has been beneficial to so many people around the world.

Small Universe is a profound practice and in my experience the way Chunyi teaches it makes it easy to start anytime. The only side effects for me have been feeling really, really relaxed and good. I've done it so many times over the years and began with the self-study course. The combination of calling on unconditional love or your God to support you, deep breathing and visualization has kept me out of the doctor's office and functioning at peak performance in those areas of my life especially that are most important to me.

At the end of the day, trust your own judgement. Or go to a Spring Forest Qigong Retreat. Those are very helpful and Master Lin is there as well as other teachers who could answer your questions. Above all trust your heart. The deeper heart beyond the physical one and the emotional one is not at all defective. It is very wise. Best wishes.

remedios has several excellent points.

And yes, typically you shouldn't "learn from a DVD" however, SFQ is radically different in that it's *simple* as well as powerful. I would say, take a chance and try out Level 1. You won't be disappointed at the very least....

Also, when working with the heart, the most important thing is to FEEL the love energy of the Universe gently working *with you* as work with the heart. Trust in the Universe.
If you come from that angle, you can't go wrong. It's not just 'bringing energy into the heart' it's *letting the love of a trillion-billion worlds flow through you*

How can love go wrong?

~Z

Last edited by Zakyrus; 07/21/12 04:58 PM.

Hi Gerard 1975,
I understand your concern for your safety and health. I have only been practicing level I the exercises and level II the healing for others for about 2 months now. I can tell you that you must remember that you are channeling the Universal energy in your body when doing both levels and we know that the Universe has the highest respect and love for us. I would say start out slowly, but be sure to connect with your master first so you are working with energy from the Universe not just your own then it should be easier for you to do the exercises.
I have been quite ill and will tell you that even after one session of level I , I noticed an improvement in my health, and now I find it incredible how great I am feeling everyday even if it is only a quick 5 min. practice. I love this and have been recommending it to everyone I know. The healing I have been giving to others has had great feedback from anyone who has had one. Unbelievable!! As Chunyi states it is recommended that you still follow your doctors care. Good luck to you and many blessings, remeber Love Conquers All! Peace, Faerywhsp smile

OP Offline

remedios, Zakyrus and faerywhisp, thank you for your advice, support and your kind words. I will continue with level 1 nice and slowly :-)

That Qigong practitioner sounds like a Shaolin Wahnam student. Their philosophy is that they value "Masters" like they're some sort of Buddhas or high beings and that Qigong should be only learned directly from "Masters", that philosophy only seem to boost the ego of these "Masters". I think human teachers are good and will help us progress in our practice faster, but in the end the greatest teacher you'll have is the chi itself, yourself, and the Universe. The first Qigong Master probably learned Qigong himself and according to legend the Shaolin Monks learned Yi Jin Jing and Xi Sui Jin from the books that Bodhidharma left at the temple.

Last edited by Metal372466; 07/31/12 05:12 AM.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved