Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I am just enquiring if Jeddah has any new material in the offing??

Last thing I heard she was working on a book.

I know the value of meditations but is she going to release say a straight up audio book.

I have created a playlist in iTunes of all the preparations for each of the meditations in the first two meditation series ( haven't brought the third yet) and I find these as valuable as the meditations and easier to listen to in the car.

I also like Gangagi and her Diamond in The Pocket is superb.

Also any plans for any new retreats?

One final question I find I can live in the moment, am not bound by my habitual conditioned beliefs etc when I'm not tired. But when I don't sleep we'll and get tired I revert back somewhat, not all the way mind . So any ideas on how to feel present whilst tired or even how to sleep within a few seconds???

Thanks!

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Hi Kent!

At the moment we don't have anything new pending with Jeddah (darn it!). We will certainly let you know when that changes.

As far as the sleeping, or lack thereof, it is hard to beat returning to observing your breath for an instant reset when you are feeling out of synch or having trouble gearing down at night. Try using a focus word on the in breath and again on the outbreath. Maybe "Relax" on the in breath and "Release" on the outbreath (or any other combination that has particular signficance to you or provides a sense of balance, harmony and peace).

Revisiting "conscious awareness in the present moment" generally provides an attitude adjustment for most people!

Much love,
Wendy

OP Offline

Hi Wendy,
Thanks for the reply. Actually I looked at Jeddah's website just now and she mentions a retreat in 2013 with details to follow. Even though I don't live in the US my wife has given her blessing for me to go. Although she's not into any of this she likes the person I've become ( or rather was always underneath ).

Thanks for the tips on sleeping. I use to be sleep terribly but now. Am generally ok.

I usually can get off when I realise why SHOULD I be sleeping now what's wrong with just lying here and accepting in this moment im awake and it is as it is, ie zen it out!? One night after struggling to get off something said in me just don't try. So I didn't try anything, didn't try to sleep, to breath, to think, not to think. I just didn't try to be alive and I went to sleep. I find not trying in life strangely paradoxical as I end up achieving more by not trying, it's strange.

Some nights though I can't sleep so just don't make a big deal and accept it, if I can
Thanks again
Kent

Last edited by KentSydney; 10/03/12 09:02 AM.
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Hi again Kent!

The event on Jeddah's site will not be run by Learning Strategies, but is being done by her own company.

I know what you mean about stopping trying to do something and having it happen. I think it's because once we aren't so invested in the outcome, we put ourselves in a receptive state in which we can allow it to happen. It's as if we've created a landing site for it, whereas before the space to receive was not available.

As you say, one of the paradoxes of our human experience!

With love,
Wendy

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved