Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I've read or rather listened to literally thousands of hours of iTunes ( it is so convenient ) 'spiritual' audiobooks on my iPhone including Jeddah.

They seem to be basically two categories
1) The ' You can manifest and intend Anything in life you want' type, which Jeddah loosely falls into.

Also The Secret, most Wayne Dyer stuff, The Hicks and the Abraham channelling etc etc

2) The zen / Buddhist type where you accept the present moment with complete acceptance and don't attach to any outcome or even attempt to understand anything.

Eg the likes of Eckhart Tolle, all Zen ( I love Zen Mind, Begginers Mind), day shanti, Permanent Chodren, Nhat Hanh, Alan Watts.

The two categories although similar in many ways seem too be poles apart. The first actually seems to reinforce the ego as you can have all the money, sports cars, fame and adoration you want ( not that there is anything wrong in this) whereas the second says try and realise the ego is an illusion created to stop you going crazy and to give you a sense of identity which for all intensive purposes doesn't actually exist.

This is where I am confused as Jeddah has several meditations on intention, willing and allowing. How do I really know what I want though, to be honest I am leaning towards the more zen approach of accepting that I don't really know what is best for me and to accept reality for what it is and not to try and control life.

Control and attachment seems to bring about suffering doesn't it? I have felt deeply contented with the zen approach of just accepting reality and not trying to want anything to happen as its just not possible for the ego to grasp really what is going on ie just trust everything is perfect.

So my question is where does Jeddah stand on the manifesting stuff v accepting it as it is debate?

I love Jeddahs material as I have said but I have this stumbling block I can't reconcile

Thanks

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Hi Kent!

For me, these two approaches are very much aligned.

You will notice that Jeddah focuses, again and again, on the importance of trust, surrender and acceptance of what is. When you are doing this you are living in present moment awareness and are very tuned into to the sea of awareness (aka the quantum field, the emptiness, etc.) - that field of energy of which we are a part and with which we are surrounded 24/7.

You recognize that this energy can be molded into whatever you desire by purposeful intention – what happens when we are “on duty,” or consciously aware. It can also be impacted by unintended or subterranean causes when we are “off duty,” (not living in present moment awareness). From this orientation it is sometimes challenging to see the cause and effect relationship because it was done unconsciously.

When you work with Jeddah’s materials, (and those of Wayne Dyer, the various channeled wisdoms, Eckhart Tolle, Thich Nhat Hanh, etc.) you find yourself going far beyond the concerns of the ego or your everyday “identity.” You access the more expanded states in which you connect with the higher, more rapid energetic frequencies of existence. These are the states that are part of “Infinite Grace.”

When you are coming from this space, the “stuff” just isn’t as important. You can still have it if you want it, but your priorities tend to change. Conversely, just because you are recognizing reality without the veils of illusion does not mean you have to live in austerity or poverty. You know you have a choice and make it consciously!

When people reach this stage, they recognize the importance of the concept of “sufficiency” (discussed very effectively in Lynne Twist’s book The Soul of Money) and no longer desire all the trappings of opulence and conspicuous consumerism. The whole paradigm has shifted from one of separation (us or them, who has more, competition, jealousy, envy, etc.) to one of unification. The wisdom your journey has engendered makes it very clear that the whole separation paradigm is an illusion and no longer has any validity (and it never really did)!

I hope this resonates for you.

Much love,
Wendy

OP Offline

Hi Wendy,
Many thanks for your reply, again.
I was actually going to delete my post as I thought it was disrespectful, maybe? Unlike Jeddah I haven't spent 10 years or more in various monasteries being taught by Lama Rimpoches, The Dalai Lama and many others. I've listened to a few audiobooks thats all, and apologise if I came across as some enlightened master!

Just to put myself in context.

I did transcendental mediation 20 or so years ago and did have one amazing experience where everything went white, it was so blissful, I literally disappeared and couldn't remember who I was , well i had no thoughts about remembering or anything , it all stopped and expanded to fill everything. So I couldn't even get back if I wanted and I wanted to stay there forever. But as I was hardly breathing I think my reflexes brought me back I felt amazing for days after and I was the person I always tried to be, confident, uninhibited, popular. I was somehow spooked though as I was worried I would meditate and then disappear and stay there forever. My ego was threatened by its non existance perhaps?So I give it up and only in the last two or so years have started with this stuff again.

Anyway I agree the two approaches are the same. What I like about Zen is that they openly talk about getting rid of the ego and I can't see a good reason why the ego should be maintained. They are selfish, grasping, me me me.

I think I would be confident with intending things when I became continuous conscious awareness but until then I will stick with the not knowing thing. It's easier and less stressful I think.

I like Lao Tzu's quote. Something like life is won by letting things take its own course.

I like Jeddahs simple way that if it feels good then that's the way to go and if it feels bad stay away . It's all about being happy I think, but even that is a form as Jeddah says.

I will continue with listening to Zen stuff while Jeddah prepares some new material!

I haven't brought infinite grace yet so I am looking forward to that. ( any chance Learning Strategies can put it on iTunes ?- it's all about me!)

I'm just off to sit for an hour in zarzen meditation, as they say the practice is the goal.

You have to have fun with this and I know I'm coming across as so so earnest but these are interesting questions and I love this stuff. I wish I'd discovered this years ago as my life is transformed.

Thanks again

Last edited by KentSydney; 11/01/12 08:50 AM.
OP Offline

I've just listened to this interview with Jeddah Mali and its totally cleared up my confusion

http://intocc.net/2011/09/an-interview-with-jeddah-mali-3/

There was a question on how should we live? And she so perfectly describes that we must allow the expansive nature of our being to Imbide our thoughts which will then Be naturally expansive harmonious and beneficial.

she goes on to describe how We must surrender, have faith and trust in the nature of our being and to try and stay in the present moment.

Last edited by KentSydney; 11/02/12 02:48 PM.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved