Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I have a question concerning the directions. When I lived in Germany, the midday sun was in the South. Here it is in the North. My success direction is North. As I live in Australia, the sun is at midday in that direction. Are those two directions connected to the position of the sun? If yes, I would need to reverse my North and South directions.

Love, trueimage (Veroni
ka)

Hi Veronika,

I didn't realize the midday sun is more important than the compass direction. I would suggest you use compass instead of depending on the direction of the midday sun. Feng Shui was started in China and developed around asia then transferred to europe. You see when Marco Pollo bring FS to Europe, it is most likely that he uses the chinese method.

As Master Marie said, when doing the compass reading we are looking for the FS North not a magnetic North (as pointed by the red needle in the compass).

Hi Yubong,
I'm confused with your statement. What's the difference between FS North and Magnetic North? In the manual, it's clearly stated that Feng Shui is based on Magnetic North and not "True" North. There is no concept of FS North.
Thanks,
Lian

Hi Veronica,

I live in Australia too. Depending the time of the year, during winter, it's correct that in midday, the sun is in the north. However in summer, it's moving closer to south. If you know the east and the west, you can always figure out the north and the south. For example, place east at 3 o'clock, West at 9 o'clock, then north is at 12 and south is at 6. Of course the best is to use compass.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved