Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#81314 03/02/13 11:01 PM
JayK Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello All,

Several years ago, I asked on this forum how I might do the small universe on a friend lying flat in a hospital bed. Shawn advised me that it was possible to move the energy with my mind (third eye?) without using my hands.

Much to my amazement I could actually do this! In fact, I found that I could not only feel blockages in the body with my mind only but it seemed -- and still seems -- that breaking up the blockages this way is much more effective than using sword fingers. And several years of doing the small universe on myself have made it even easier to direct the energy mentally.

Yet, I don't feel that my third eye is especially well developed. For example, I don't see auras to any great extent. I can't "see" inside the body. So perhaps I rely on my mental intent because my sword fingers are simply weak? At any rate, I'm wondering if I've somehow put the cart before the horse?

Is there any problem with using the mind rather than sword fingers to break up blockages and send healing energy? Have I opened up some higher center ( third eye?) without having developed the necessary foundation? I'm in very good health and don't seem to have any adverse effects from using this technique. The people and animals I work with seem to benefit at least in terms of pain reduction. But with the emphasis on sword fingers and thunder palms in Spring Forest Qigong, I'm wondering if I've tried to take a short cut here?

Any comments and sugestions are welcome.

Sincerely,

Jay

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Dear JayK,

You can do it either way. SF helps focus the yin energy to break apart blockages and gives a added physical focus to the technique. Can it be done without the physical piece? You bet.

You want to develop the third eye more? Do the active exercises in Level Two, and the Moon and Sun Meditations from Level three when you have worked with the Level Two exercises a while and have developed your middle dantian/heart energy. The Aura Seeing course we published with Brian Osborne will provide actual training.

Much Love,

Shawn

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved