Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
jpanch Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Alex,
I have the Ultimate You Library as well as the accelerator and couple of other paraliminals. The accelerator nicely lays out the sequence for a big projects/goal.

I am also working on creating new healthy habits. What would be a good approach for these kind of small goals (habits).

To be precise, let us say my habit goal is:
"I walk every day for 10 minutes."

I found New Behavior Generator-B to be the most apt one.

I thought that these could also help:

Self Discipline
Get Around To It
Focus & Concentration
Peak Performance

I would like to know if there is specific paraliminal or sequence that is optimal or best for this type of habit based goal.

What would you recommend?

Thanks a lot.

Learning Strategies Admin

Originally Posted By: jpanch

To be precise, let us say my habit goal is:
"I walk every day for 10 minutes."

I found New Behavior Generator-B to be the most apt one.

I'd also use Break the Habit... breaking the habit of putting off walking.

Quote:
I thought that these could also help:

Self Discipline
Get Around To It
Focus & Concentration
Peak Performance

I would like to know if there is specific paraliminal or sequence that is optimal or best for this type of habit based goal.

What would you recommend?

Thanks a lot.

I'd go with the sequence your intuition inspires. If you're using Paraliminals to focus on changing a habit or reaching a goal making one small daily action like using a Paraliminal and noting it in a journal your intention to have the goal become reality is stronger. So really you cannot go wrong.

I'd use one Paraliminal with for up to three days. If you're noticing resistance to using a Paraliminal. Use another Paraliminal to address the resistance. You may not know what or why you are resisting consciously so addressing the resistance to using a Paraliminal with another may be what solves the problem. And you may not need to return to the Paraliminal you resisted.

Start with giving yourself 21 days minimum to acquire the habit. and do something daily using a Paraliminal to reinforce the intention.

Let us know how you go.

Alex

jpanch Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Alex, thanks for your inputs.

Here is a quick update on my progress:

1. I decided to drop New Behavior Generator completely for this goal. I felt that the task at hand was clear and simple enough. I do not need to model after someone. I just need to get off my butt, get going and be cnosistent.

2. I have been listening to as many of the 4 paraliminals as I can each day.

Peak Performance
Get Around To It
Self Discipline
Focus & Concentration

3. I am looping through the sleep track at night. Sometimes all, but mostly the Self Discipline paraliminal.

4. I plan to continue with this listening strategy for some more days before actually starting on the habit. I feel that carrying more momentum into a goal/habit, even before starting on it, would likely make it more sustainable.

I'm sure others will be interested to know how this worked out for you in the longer run. Let us know.

Alex

jpanch Offline OP
OP Offline

Notes on progress:

First, the actual goal I had in my mind was to create a habit of walking for one hour every day.

I got involved in some projects and did not have as much time for the paraliminals as I had when starting this goal. Nevertheless, I did listen to Self Discipline paraliminal every other day or so with the intention of creating the walking habit.

About four days back I just strolled out for a walk; no planning, no preparation, it just happened. I walked for about 30 minutes.

The same happened the next day. This time I walked for one hour.

This is precisely what I was looking for - to have enough momentum so that I don't have to FORCE myself right from the very beginning.

Since then for the last two days, I have been walking daily deliberately and consciously.

So here's the progress so far:

Day 1, May 11: Walked for 30 mins outdoor.
Day 2, May 12: Walked for 60 mins outdoor.
Day 3, May 13: Walked for 60 mins indoor.
Day 4, May 14: Walked for 60 mins outdoor.

While indoor, I use Leslie Sansone 5 mile walk video.

My criterion for success is 80% effectiveness. "I have walked for at least 15 minutes a day, at least 24 times in the last 30 days". Whenever I can make this statement, I would consider a habit goal completed.

Good going. Realistic goals and getting there is excellent progress.

Alex

jpanch Offline OP
OP Offline

Quick Update ...

Day 5, May 15 - Day 9 May 19: Walked for at least 60 minutes every day.

jpanch Offline OP
OP Offline

Further update:
So far ... so good.

Day 10, May 20 - Day 18 May 28: Walked for at least 60 minutes every day.

On the way to forming a new habit. smile

Alex

jpanch Offline OP
OP Offline

Further Update:
Day 19, May 29 - Day 32, June 11: Walked for at least 60 minutes every day.

My intention was was to walk for 1 hr every day, but walking for 15 minutes was acceptable (Using MT of MTO approach).

Quote:

"I have walked for at least 15 minutes a day, at least 24 times in the last 30 days". Whenever I can make this statement, I would consider a habit goal completed.

Today I can make this statement: I have walked for at least 60 minutes a day, every day in the last 31 days.

While I would still be on the watch out for progress at 60 and 90 days, this effectively concludes my current goal. I can truly say that inertia is tilting more towards movement than inaction.

Job done; goal achieved. This is simply awesome. I feel absolutely fantastic!

Tips and insights for anyone interested:

1. I started with the intention of becoming a person who easily and naturally walks every day. So I repeated this affirmation as much as possible (verbally as well as typing on the keyboard):

I love walking. I walk every day.

I repeated this thousands of time.

2. While I tried a variety of paraliminals, the one that really worked for me, for this goal, was "Get Around To It - A". I am convinced that there is something absolutely magical about it.

3. At the cost of sounding repetitive, "Get Around To It" IS MAGICAL. Initially, I listened to it during night (looping through either sleep learning or the whole paraliminal). After one of those sessions, the urge to just "get it done" was so intense and high, that I woke up at 3:45 am to go for a walk! In fact, this happened often enough to let me conclude that GATI-A was behind it.

4. I stopped listening to GATI-A after a week or so.

5. I encountered some resistance on after day 18. I mean, I could feel some resistance inside. Listening to GATI-A simply cleared all of it.

6. On the whole, the results of using GATI-A along with very strong intention towards a goal has been absolutely fantastic. The results are mind boggling and way better than I had expected.

7. I think GATI-A can be used for any habit that is clearly defined and action oriented. I intend to use it for some more positive habits that I want to cultivate. It gives me goosebumps to think about all the new stuff that I can create with new habits that I plan to acquire with the Magic Paraliminal .

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved