Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I have several large outside plantings of lavendar and herbs (rosemary, basil, etc.) -- and bring them inside to dry and use for cooking and insect control. I also use cedar chips as well as lavendar in my closets and drawers to prevent moths, etc. If I understand correctly that dried plants and flowers represent dead Chi, how should one prepare and use fresh dried herbs? Also, what should one use for insect control indoors that is also safe for people, animals and the environment?

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Dear RSinclair,

The lavender and cedar for the closets, etc. can be okay - I'm going to assume that you don't have these large, drying plants in your bedroom or living room?

Shawn

OP Offline

Thanks for response! Other than in drawers and closets, not in bedroom or living room -- but in the kitchen, where the cuttings are dried and used for food prep. Pls clarify -- kitchen is NE corner of home.

Hi

The kitchen should be fine too. It's a question of quantity in this case. Keep them relatively out of sight. It becomes more of an issue when you're displaying them in key areas such as the living room, or in areas of rest where the dead qi can sap your energy.

Kaye

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved