Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi, I just down loaded the program today and wanted to move my bed perpendicular to the door since it is considered "bad" position. My personal best direction for the head of the bed points on the wall with my slider to balcony that takes up 2/3 of the wall centered in the middle. Two worries: 1) head of bed split in half by window and wall. 2) can bed be positioned diagonal to corner? I would have liked to place my bed perpendicular to the door on the opposite side but I discovered that was my "loss" direction which is probably the worse direction. The bed is pushed up to the wall on two sides. It does not feel "queenly" to have my back to the slider which is also a door. I do like facing the entrance to my bedroom. My other best directions go to the corners of the room diagonal. Not many options here. Next I get to tackle a huge beam that dissects the front room and is splitting my son' s body into two,length wise. I bet I could get some great comments about this......I put my house up for sale about a month ago and I am really glad especially with the previous positioning issues right out of the box! I would really appreciate any ideas on the bed room. The beam issue is clear from the manual, I just don't know how to tackle it since it is a high vaulted ceiling. Oh ya, house up for sale!

Hi

That's a lot of stuff! I don't have a very clear idea of what you're describing, so 'll answer what I can and hope that it covers what you need.

1. Avoid the slider - it's not worth it even for your best direction.

2.If the head of the bed is split, you would need to cover the window with thick curtains while you sleep.

3. Yes, it is much better to face the entrance.

4. Diagonals - tricky one. I believe Marie says they are fine. I would say they are fine provided you have very good, solid headboards. My experience is that the thin headboards many people have are insufficient to deal with the space that is created between the bed and the wall when you place them diagonally. Give it a try though, you may find this works for you.

5. The beam - move your son's position if at all possible. If not, place a hanging that curves gently around the beam to disguise its presence. It won't fully neutralise the effects, but it will certainly soften it. This might be your best bet since you will have the space to do it, with the high-vaulted ceiling.

Best of luck!

Kaye

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved