Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#53908 05/24/00 04:18 PM
OP Offline

I am not sure what the page is supposed to exactly look like when photoreading.

During the PhotoReading process,
*Are the words supposed to be so blurry that you can't read them?
or
*Are the words supposed to have a small amount of clarity so that a few words are readable?

Also, after I PhotoRead, I find hard to focus normally on text. When I try to focus normally, the text is blurred.
*Am I doing something wrong?

#53909 05/24/00 06:55 PM

I've found that the the clarity of the page varies during my PhotoReading sessions. Sometimes the page is in relatively sharp focus, at other times it is blurred. This effect is due to where the focus plane of your eyes reside during the PhotoReading step.

Ideally, as you PhotoRead and enter the photofocus state, I believe, each eye will independently focus on each page, leading to a special clarity of the text. After several years of PhotoReading, I seem to be getting this effect with increasing frequency. However, this does not seem to be essential for effective PhotoReading, and I have had great success even when the pages appeared completely blurred during the PhotoReading step.

You also want to make sure that you're not deliberately blurring your vision. The idea is to adjust your gaze so that you're taking in both pages at once, without hard focusing on any particular words. It is, to use some of the language of the book, a "soft gaze". Also remember to keep relaxed and to blink during your session. Excessive eye strain or tension is, in my experience, counter productive.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

#blurrywords

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved