Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#53936 05/30/00 07:48 PM
BarryT Offline OP
OP Offline

I was reading the articles about Photo-Reading and one mentioned that a "divergent" stare is used to "see" the blip page. This same stare is used to see those 3d (stereogram) pictures (according to the article). I suspect there might be a problem with my binocular vision as I have never been able to see stereograms. I ordered the Photo-Reading home study kit, and I'm anxious to get started.

Does anyone have suggestions or comments about their experiences with the "blip" page?

#53937 06/01/00 01:40 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Good news: the course presents an alternative to seeing the blip page, so there is nothing to be concerned about.

#53938 06/16/00 02:30 PM

BarryT,

I do not see the blip page!! and yet I photoread. I think the seminar, home study course and book go into too much detail about the blip page. (They portray it as a very important part of PRing, yet it isn't!) If like me you don't see it or don't in the beginning, you immediatly become confronted (or at least in my case) about your beliefs as a learner and the whole process becomes very uncomfortable(lot's of negative self talk ie is this working etc.)

THE BLIP PAGE IS A SAFETY MECHANISM!. From my own experience, I can safely say you don't need to see a blip page to PR. It all comes down to the old adage If you think you can PR, YOU CAN!

When PRing, you need to be in a peripheral state. Something I found very useful to gain this state and to keep my conscious mind active, was to place objects around my book and room and see how many I could see whilst still noticing the book and page shape. All the steps of PRing can be done away from PRing a book, this vision I use whilst trying to navagate my way through the crowds at a very busy train station, I get to my platform quickly, not having hit anybody whilst walking or getting annoyed when somebody abruptly stops and I have to change direction, I just pick my course and go..I am trying to do it on the sports field, although it is proving tricky, but I'll get it!

Hope this helps

Drew

#53939 06/19/00 03:02 PM
Administrator
Administrator

Drew has the right idea about PhotoFocus. It is a natural way to see with the whole mind. There is an interesting corollary that I use to get people into it: Hold your thumb in front of you where you would hold a book for reading and look only at the thumbnail. As you do this, stand up and walk around for a short while, among people, around furniture, etc. then find your way back to your chair. You'll discover that you can navigate perfectly well and you don't bump into anything. You have developed PhotoFocus to allow your brain to process everything around you without the need to consciously focus on any of it. You focused on a near point to have PhotoFocus on all other information.

To develop PhotoFocus for a book in front of you (a near point), have your vision beyond the book and notice a point further away that you can fixate upon. There you have it.

Blip or no blip, stereogram or no stereogram, the goal is to allow the brain to do its preconscious processing work. You accomplish this by sending your conscious attention to something other than what your brain must process.

The reason many people do not see a blip or a 3D sterogram is eye dominance. Your brain is still taking all the information in, but your conscious mind is oriented only to the information coming into the dominant eye. This poses no problem for PhotoReading.

As an artist, my wife uses PhotoFocus to preceive anything around her. She "PhotoReads" a landscape, a room, a wall, you name it. Others use this state when they walk into bookstores and libraries. Try it and ask your brain, "What is here that I need to explore in more detail?"

#53940 08/27/00 07:37 PM

Should you see the words sharp when you enter the photofocus state? I think this should be necessary for your brain to pick anything up, conscious or unconscious, or is it not?

#53941 08/28/00 12:15 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

It is not necessary to see the words sharp. You are not using your foveal vision for PhotoReading, but rather your peripheral vision.

BarryT #83146 05/19/14 10:19 AM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

#blippage #photofocus #blurred

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved