Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
rmathes Offline OP
OP Offline

didn't do so well with the dictionary exercise. In fact, I failed miserably. Didn't get any even close to correct. Should I listen to tape 1 again and keep trying until I improve my results, or should I move on to tape 2?

I'm a very left-brain oriented guy, but I really want this to work and I'm trying to approach it in an affirmative way. I'm wondering if it'll take me a bit more time to break through my left brain dominance.

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Go on. Later in the course you will have an opportunity to come back to the dictionary game. Most people get it right away, but success with the dictionary game is not necessary for success with the PhotoReading whole mind system.

If you don't get it when you return, I can pass on some tips for you.

I'd relax. Like you, I am a very left-brain" person (my degree was in physics and I currently work as a software engineer). I've been using the PhotoReading system for a couple of years now and I have found that I achieve the greatest success when I allow myself to enter a "flow" state, becoming completely absorbed in what I am PhotoReading/activating, and just play with the material. One of the underlying concepts of PhotoReading is that it is a natural ability, which you already possess. The system allows you to direct the vast resources of your "inner mind" to accomplish the learning that you are undertaking.

You might have to release some of your desire for instant gratification in the learning that you do with the system, allowing the material to gel in it's own way. With highly rule driven individuals, I think that the need for control of the learning situation shuts down some of the subtler promptings from the subconscious. I know that for the longest time I found being in a state of unknowing to be intolerable, and would revert to my old learning paradigm - sequential, but secure. When I finally learned to release my self-imposed limitations, I found that the PhotoReading system really started to work for me. A couple of resources that you might find helpful is the book _Natural Brillance_, by Paul Scheele, and _The Einstein Factor_, by Win Wenger.

quote:
Originally posted by rmathes:
didn't do so well with the dictionary exercise. In fact, I failed miserably. Didn't get any even close to correct. Should I listen to tape 1 again and keep trying until I improve my results, or should I move on to tape 2?

I'm a very left-brain oriented guy, but I really want this to work and I'm trying to approach it in an affirmative way. I'm wondering if it'll take me a bit more time to break through my left brain dominance.

I read somewhere that when trying something like the dictionary exercise to get "o" correct is against the law of chance. I teach intuitive development and some of my most skilled students would fail the dictionary exercise. Relax in the knowing that you have the ability and allow it to just flow through. Good luck.

quote:
Originally posted by rmathes:

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

#dictionarygame

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved