Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#83274 06/18/14 06:44 PM
Stweet Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello everyone,

I am a beginner. I have been following this forum since last year when my PRWMS book arrived. I was hugely disappointed for the initial days, but the queries, answers and suggestions on this forum helped me regain my faith in PhotoReading.

I have a few questions-

1. In traditional linear reading, many times we end up reading many things we are not really interested in for the time being, but could make use of in future and we may remember a part of it, just because our conscious mind has attended it.. Can this happen with PhotoReading? Can one make herself a deep sense of familiarity with entire text regardless of her interest in the material at the moment? If yes, then how should one set her 'purpose' for the same?

2. I have kept no time constraints for my initial days of Practicing PR. I believe, the more I use the system and practice it playfully, the quicker I will get the results. I am focused on executing all the steps correctly and effectively.
But then I find myself getting too much attracted to 'rapid read'. I prepare, Preview, PhotoRead, and then rapid read everything for manual activation. I end up evicting 'postview, super read, dip and mindmaps' almost everytime. I have got no success in with it yet.
Will evicting all 'post PhotoRead' steps and just sticking to rapid read yield any result? will it help in effective activation?
(My 'purpose' for my academic books has been 'to establish a deeper familiarity and understanding; so that I can answer any question effectively'. )

3. How to set a purpose for a book you are interested by its name but are not aware of exact contents?

4. Reading with conscious mind gives you a 'feel' to have had read and covered each word. (though we may barely understand and recall much at first read) this helps in objective type exams (choosing one out of other four/five entries). Does PhotoReading give you such a 'feel' after activating the books multiple times?

5. Can we set purpose for PhotoReading to assist in recalling word associations, and random abstract information, order of words/sentences? (such as in puzzles,General awareness Books, timelines in History etc..)

Thanks in Advance..

Stweet #83278 06/19/14 07:59 AM
Learning Strategies Admin

Originally Posted By: Stweet
Hello everyone,

I am a beginner. I have been following this forum since last year when my PRWMS book arrived. I was hugely disappointed for the initial days, but the queries, answers and suggestions on this forum helped me regain my faith in PhotoReading.

I have a few questions-

1. In traditional linear reading, many times we end up reading many things we are not really interested in for the time being, but could make use of in future and we may remember a part of it, just because our conscious mind has attended it.. Can this happen with PhotoReading?

Why shouldn't it? I usually find I know where to look later when my interest is there for what I didn't need earlier. Meaning I did pay attention even though I didn't spend time activating it.

Quote:
Can one make herself a deep sense of familiarity with entire text regardless of her interest in the material at the moment?

Force is always counterproductive. Use curiosity instead. If you're curious about a subject of course you'll hone deeper information about it.

Quote:
If yes, then how should one set her 'purpose' for the same?

Whatever builds your curiosity.

[
Quote:
2. I have kept no time constraints for my initial days of Practicing PR. I believe, the more I use the system and practice it playfully, the quicker I will get the results. [quote]

Nope. The longer it will take and you'll probably never use less time. Use a timer and learn to keep within that time. Then if you want more be conscious about it and decide how much more time you're going to put into it.

[quote]I am focused on executing all the steps correctly and effectively.

I think it's more productive to focus on getting what you need from what you read. Perfecting the steps is like tying shoelaces, The more you focus on getting the job done the easier it is to get the job done.

Quote:
But then I find myself getting too much attracted to 'rapid read'. I prepare, Preview, PhotoRead, and then rapid read everything for manual activation.

As I said before this is because you've avoided using a timer and keeping some time constraints. The time constraints are perfect for polishing your superreading and dipping; and skittering skills.

Rapid Reading is actually a combination of all those techniques so what you're doing is just regular reading and trying to be faster at it.

To really rapid read you need to work on the other activation techniques as well.

Quote:
I end up evicting 'postview, super read, dip and mindmaps' almost everytime. I have got no success in with it yet.
Will evicting all 'post PhotoRead' steps and just sticking to rapid read yield any result? will it help in effective activation?

Set a timer 7 minutes activation.

Quote:
(My 'purpose' for my academic books has been 'to establish a deeper familiarity and understanding; so that I can answer any question effectively'. )

Learn the system first on non -academic books. Books not related to your studies. So that you can build familiarity with curiosity and learning how you're body mind signals you as to where to find information, first. Then move to books relating to your academic studies.

Quote:
3. How to set a purpose for a book you are interested by its name but are not aware of exact contents?

Your purpose is what you want to get out of the book. If you don't know what the book is about, then your first purpose is to find out what purpose you could possibly have for this book. PhotoRead it and then refine your purpose.

Quote:
4. Reading with conscious mind gives you a 'feel' to have had read and covered each word. (though we may barely understand and recall much at first read) this helps in objective type exams (choosing one out of other four/five entries). Does PhotoReading give you such a 'feel' after activating the books multiple times?

That's why we activate. If we didn't want to "read with the conscious mind" we'd just PhotoRead books and be done with it. Of course we're such great artist at telling ourselves we cannot do that, that we cannot. Whether you believe you can or believe you can't, you're right. But you cannot fake belief. If you doubt, you don't believe.

Activate, in layers, with purpose. That's important for material that you expect to be tested on. I recommend mind mapping as well as it's easier to think back onto something you've interacted with in more than one way.

When you activate and I mean activate as taught in the system (and the 5 day test) You'll have the same conscious comprehension or better, in about 1/3 the time. Even 1/5 1/10 and even possibly for some books 1/15 the time.

[quote]5. Can we set purpose for PhotoReading to assist in recalling word associations, and random abstract information, order of words/sentences? (such as in puzzles,General awareness Books, timelines in History etc..) [quote]

Why don't you try it and see?

Alex

Stweet #83279 06/20/14 07:25 PM
Stweet Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you very much Alex..! your replies are life saver..

Many previous posts on the forum made me wonder, why do many beginner PhotoReaders get tough time despite following the system correctly? and, why the system later starts working for them when they keep on doing it? Is this a habit or a new skill that takes time to learn and get used to?
And, people who have got PhotoReading to work for them in just a couple of days, do they possess 'PhotoRead-friendly' traits to get this system work without any/much conflict?

I am re-reading the chapter on activation again. The phenomenon of 'activation' seems very unearthly and enigmatic to me...can a couple of trigger words make comprehension of an entire paragraph/idea come alive!? Just thinking of this gives me butterflies in my stomach. But then at times it feels, naah!!..it can't possibly be that powerful!.. maximum you may get is a sense of familiarity and a general idea, that's it!

Does this sentence in the book ''during activation you are attracted to text relevant to your purpose'' also imply that, if we are interested in each and every word about the book, then each word should attract our attention? is it so?

In superreading, dipping, skittering, does it mean that; what we read/see/hover eyes over, only gets alive and comes into conscious memory and what we do not touch, doesn't come up from our other-than conscious mind?

Thanks..

Stweet #83280 06/21/14 04:48 AM

Dear Friend,
You will get answers to all your doubts when you start getting clear on your purpose and get going on mind probe (Questions,Enquiry ,inquiry ---whatever!!!).
I have struggled to understand Photo reading till 2012.I finished my MBA in finance with distinction (77%) recently.I finished exams in 21 subjects in 1 1/2 years (the couse was 4 years long,i struggled unnecessarily for the first 2 1/2 years).I am waiting for my Certificate form the institute which will come to me in August 2014.i will then share many ideas i used to understand photo reading.Probably will help some novices.

The crux about photo-reading is mind probe.

I cant stress enough on this ...we get so much bogged on the mechanics(Super reading and Skittering and mindmaps--they are essential but they make 20% of the skill) but we dont take time to think.TO probe what we want from the book.

For the book you have photo-read ,have you inquired :

do you need it? Why do you need it?and what do you need from it?
then chapter wise do you mind probe?what is the chapter about?how many ideas has the author covered here?how does he cover or substantiate the ideas with?what arguments does he pose?on particular ideas you may decide to spend more time on ...so you may think further.

Actually activation is easy once you believe that the book you have photo read is already yours and then you use the available whole day or time with you to think on what you want from the book.Beleive me when you get there you will be waiting to activate the book for 20 mins to know the answers!!!!

We lose out on photoreading cause we dont mind probe enough we dont prepare enough.Interestingly the genius Paul Scheele has asked us to prepare every time we read!!!!

hey Alex thanx again for your support .i am waiting from my certificate to send you a write up on my experiments on Photoreading.Thank you so much Alex.Thanx(Cant stop thanking you)!!!!

Stweet #83283 06/23/14 09:54 AM

Adarsh

Thank You. And well done. And you've definitely hit the nail on the head. You need to "prepare" That's where you connect with your purpose. understand your purpose and asking questions of the author makes activation come alive.

Quote:
do you need it? Why do you need it?and what do you need from it?
then chapter wise do you mind probe?what is the chapter about?how many ideas has the author covered here?how does he cover or substantiate the ideas with?what arguments does he pose?on particular ideas you may decide to spend more time on ...so you may think further.

Those are some excellent examples that help you connect with your purpose as well. Once you have your purpose it's a choice whether you decide to look for the authors train of thoughts (hit look for the train in the PhotoReading book for more info)

Or... Ask the 6 precision questions. The 6 Ws.

Thank you very much Alex..! your replies are life saver..

Many previous posts on the forum made me wonder, why do many beginner PhotoReaders get tough time despite following the system correctly?

Oh that's too easy. Because we as humans are essentially lazy and would rather find a short cut or easier way. Because the steps seem too many things to think of and remember.

It's like first learning to drive, all the things you had to think of when you get behind the wheel. If it wasn't necessary to getting a drivers license, more people would be avoiding the steps there as well. However if you need a license to drive sooner or later you're going to follow those basic steps and then, with experience, you'll be like a pro, and seem to skip the steps. SEEM to, you still essentially follow them, are aware of them.

That said, even in learning to drive there are some who take take longer to get their license because they like to spend more time looking for the easier, faster way [they put a surprising about of energy into that]. Mentally doing everything type of research to understand the fastest way to learn and paradoxically, take way, way, way longer than if they "Just Do It."

Quote:
and, why the system later starts working for them when they keep on doing it? Is this a habit or a new skill that takes time to learn and get used to?

Usually they just include the steps they avoided because it seemed too much work. They stopped skimping. It's one of the reasons why people in my seminars get it faster than those going on their own. I don't let them skimp on the important step which is Step one. Because that step seems all too easy and familiar newbies tend to gloss over that one. Yet if really look at and do the Star of Wonder exercise, you learn it's important not to take what you think you know for granted.

Usually people get it when they just give up and start over and pay attention to all the stes.

Quote:
And, people who have got PhotoReading to work for them in just a couple of days, do they possess 'PhotoRead-friendly' traits to get this system work without any/much conflict?

Or learned it in the 2 hours it took to read the PhotoReading book? Like me?

We didn't care.

I didn't glorify the system or expect magic. I was just plain curious if something like this worked. So after reading the PhotoReading book as explained on the front cover. I thought so all the other books don't have Einstein telling me the important bits I should read. So the PhotoReading system is the way to "put Einstein in those books for me." Cool I though.

Then I just PhotoRead the PhotoReading book. Didn't get much into the chant, just said to myself, so this is PhotoReading, just flipping the pages as I see the pages? Interesting.

Then I went to a book shop and just playfully experimented with what I learned. I figured I haven't done the course yet so I had no expectations, Just applied what I understood from reading with Einstein and (I didn't know it at the time, my preconscious processor, working with what I PhotoRead). And walked out of the bookshop thinking now that was cool. I saved myself money on that book, from PhotoReading it I gathered it was an advertising book not a self help book really. And to think I could have been reading books like that for the last 30 years. I went into shock and nearly started crying in the middle of the shopping centre. All that time and money I wasted and I just got everything I needed from a book in 5 minutes?

Brings me to another paradox. The realisation I wasted so much time in my life "slow reading" when I could have been doing it the PhotoReading system way was not a happy blow to my ego. I first had to forgive myself for not learning of the system first. And I'm pretty sure everyone has a bit of self-preservation and wants to avoid feeling like a fool. So in that way it was almost easier not to do the course and forget about the system. (Yep I almost did that too. Took me 2 weeks to get over the guilt of lost time and money from reading the old way to allow myself to let the system work as I knew it could because I chose not to ignore my very first successes within 20 minutes of PhotoReading the PhotoReading book and only having spent 2 hours reading a book which normally would have taken me 6 or 7 hours to read.)

Quote:
I am re-reading the chapter on activation again. The phenomenon of 'activation' seems very unearthly and enigmatic to me...can a couple of trigger words make comprehension of an entire paragraph/idea come alive!?
And if you really think about it. Traditional reading is much the same, an enigma. Why do some books come alive and others feel like moving through mud that takes off your Wellingtons?

And the answer lies in the readers curiosity or affinity with the subject the author is discussing.

The trigger words, and questions in tandem with your purpose are the map that helps you to avoid the muddy bog of reading. That's why it's important not to skip prepare and take the 6 or so minutes to Postview with a sheet of paper so you can record your trigger words and questions for the author.

Quote:
Just thinking of this gives me butterflies in my stomach. But then at times it feels, naah!!..it can't possibly be that powerful!.. maximum you may get is a sense of familiarity and a general idea, that's it!

When you activate and I mean activate with purpose and do enough layers, you can enjoy better comprehension than with traditional reading and still have only spent 1/3 the time with the book from traditiona1 reading.

Since most people never really look at how much time it actually takes to traditionally read a book they don't realise the beginner short changes themselves by not applying enough layers.

Assuming average reading speed I recommend beginners apply 6 x 20 activation layers to a 200 to 250 page book, before they resort to rapid reading the book from beginning to end. {And consider adding another 20 minute activation layer for each additional 80 pages) Do that for 5 to 10 books, you'll probably start discovering you are getting all you need without rapid reading and even start cutting down the number of activation layers.

Why?
1. You develop your superreading and dipping and skittering skills.
• It comes in handy if you can apply it to stuff you consider a quick read or too short to PhotoRead first.
2. It improves your activation skills in the fastest way.
• It's actually the shortcut everyone is looking for. Getting the system
• you're building the body mind muscle for superreading and dipping and skittering.

Yes instead of spending say 6 to 12 hours with a book the beginner is already cutting it down to 2.

The thing to remember the first activation layer can be boggy. It can be like it makes no sense, you're getting nothing. Persist. N.O.P.S (See the PhotoReading book on the topic.) Add a second, third and fourth layer. Then you'll see you were getting it all along. And if your not starting to see progress... Check your purpose

Quote:
Does this sentence in the book ''during activation you are attracted to text relevant to your purpose'' also imply that, if we are interested in each and every word about the book, then each word should attract our attention? is it so?

Nope, each. word. on. it's. own. has. little. meaning. in. this. sentence. The words with more meaning attract your attention.

Words on a page are just a group of words. You give it meaning by what you read into it.

Don't get caught up analysing, everything you read, everything I say. Analysis paralysis is what stops progress.

Quote:
In superreading, dipping, skittering, does it mean that; what we read/see/hover eyes over, only gets alive and comes into conscious memory and what we do not touch, doesn't come up from our other-than conscious mind?

Lets get one thing straight. You've PhotoRead the text before you activate it right? So none of the words disappeared since you've PhotoRead it. So it's already in your memory. What you're doing when activating is zeroing in to bring to conscious comprehension the information that, you, working with your preconscious processor would would like to be aware of. You're pulling it up to create a conscious memory.

Again it comes alive because of what you put into it, in order to take something out of it. And what you need to put into it is simply .... a purpose. Give it a reason to come alive for you with a purpose.

Alex

Stweet #83292 06/25/14 01:39 PM
Stweet Offline OP
OP Offline

Adarsh,
Thank you for the inputs. As per your suggestions, I am fine tuning my purpose and mind probing questions.

Alex,
I just love the way you explain..things start making much more sense.

Quote:
What you're doing when activating is zeroing in to bring to conscious comprehension the information that, you, working with your preconscious processor would like to be aware of. You're pulling it up to create a conscious memory.

Well, does it mean I will have to pull out everything turn by turn in order to create a conscious memory of everything; if I desire so?

I understand, I should be focusing on practicing rather being unnecessary analytic and inquisitive at this stage, but I chose to better get my doubts clear first.

I did not understand why spotting/finding/searching the desired information at blazing fast speeds has been put more emphasis on in the book as the major benefit of PhotoReading .. and very little on recall?

PhotoReading will surely help me find the location of the information I desire; with exact page and paragraph and line. Well, what about the info I do not have particular interest in? Text I have not superread or dip or skitter over? This may sound funny, but I am afraid I might miss out vital info which I don’t find important but it actually is; from someone else’s point of view(Author/Examiner). In this case, knowing it all is what seems to be a wiser solution! No one would want to run into a situation like, “I have activated only what I found to be important, but now it seems something else was needed to be activated”! When we read consciously, slower may it be, we are well aware of what didn't interest us. We can well describe that!

Would it be feasible expectation for a beginner to obtain a richer recall of everything?

I am yet to get my first breakthrough…I am excited about it. Will keep posted about my progress.

Thank you.

Stweet #83294 06/26/14 10:53 AM

Adarsh,
Thank you for the inputs. As per your suggestions, I am fine tuning my purpose and mind probing questions.

Alex,
I just love the way you explain..things start making much more sense.

Quote:
What you're doing when activating is zeroing in to bring to conscious comprehension the information that, you, working with your preconscious processor would like to be aware of. You're pulling it up to create a conscious memory.

Well, does it mean I will have to pull out everything turn by turn in order to create a conscious memory of everything; if I desire so? [/quote/

Have to? No. Desire? Sure you may do so. Consider what you need and the time you have available.

[quote]I understand, I should be focusing on practicing rather being unnecessary analytic and inquisitive at this stage, but I chose to better get my doubts clear first.

Doubts fall away fastest by actual doing. You get results fastest too.

When I first worked with the Home study course to learn the steps of PhotoReading I looked at the forum then too. Then went, no, I think I better just follow along and do the course as best I can, then when I've done that come back to the forum. Different learning styles. I realised that I was in danger of analysing too much too. smile

Quote:
I did not understand why spotting/finding/searching the desired information at blazing fast speeds has been put more emphasis on in the book as the major benefit of PhotoReading .. and very little on recall?

You cannot recall something that hasn't been called upon in the first place. You call on it through activation. And there is a lot of emphasis on activation. Superreading and dipping is one of the activation steps, not the only way you can activate. For technical text you'll probably find skittering more appropriate.

Quote:
PhotoReading will surely help me find the location of the information I desire; with exact page and paragraph and line. Well, what about the info I do not have particular interest in?

If you have no interest, you have no purpose. Dump it and move on. In the USA alone there is 3 million books printed each year. Just the amount of books available in the US printed in the last 5 years alone means there is better choices better options than wasting time with a book or sections of a book you have no interest in.

(If you think that 3 million books a year is interesting, that's only officially published books, there's also self printed, and books from other English speaking countries.

So if you're not interested, dump it.

Quote:
Text I have not superread or dip or skitter over? This may sound funny, but I am afraid I might miss out vital info which I don’t find important but it actually is; from someone else’s point of view(Author/Examiner).

If you're not interested in the text and you will be examined in it, why are you studying the subject? Fine a purpose!!!!!!!

With a purpose, you won't miss what's important to the examiner.

By the way, you can ask the examiner what you need to know about the subject. It's usually outlined what you need to learn.

You'll miss it if you traditionally read it. Without a purpose and without an interest there is no active way you're going to access it.

At least when you PhotoRead it your preconscious processor has had access to it and you could spontaneously activate it with the exam questions.

You're trying ascertain that the tiniest part of your brain is conscious of everything and yet that portion of the brain is smaller than a peanut on a carpet that makes up your greater mind. And given how little you can access with your conscious mind in any given moment [7 plus or minus 2 bits of information a second] Your Conscious mind cannot ever know everything. You have to forget almost instantly to make room for the next ideas.

Quote:
In this case, knowing it all is what seems to be a wiser solution! No one would want to run into a situation like, “I have activated only what I found to be important, but now it seems something else was needed to be activated”! When we read consciously, slower may it be, we are well aware of what didn't interest us. We can well describe that!

Activate until you have the same or better comprehension of the text. Why do you stop so soon? You're prepared to traditionally read the text, a 6 to 12 hour block of reading but are not inclined to do 2 or 3 hours worth of activation with mind mapping.

Believe me with superreading and dipping and mind mapping 6 or 9 20 minute activation layers is more informative than 6 to 12 hours of just passive reading.

Quote:
Would it be feasible expectation for a beginner to obtain a richer recall of everything?

See above... even a beginner can get their reading done in 1/3 the time.

Quote:
I am yet to get my first breakthrough…I am excited about it. Will keep posted about my progress.

Thank you.

If you're keen get some books not relating to your studies and apply the 5 day test to them. I recommend doing that with at least 5 books before moving to textbooks.

Alex

Stweet #83302 06/29/14 06:40 PM
Stweet Offline OP
OP Offline

Quote:
Doubts fall away fastest by actual doing. You get results fastest too.

Undoubtedly true..! I will rest the analytic in me for a while...and focus on 'doing' part.

Well, I completed the 5 day test on 4 non-fiction books. ( two biographies, a complete idiot's guide and one food n nutrition book) But No luck with activation yet frown

my problems-

1. I find myself to be struggling to pick trigger words. Entering into the ALS, and rolling eyes down the center of the pages with my purpose and mind probing questions in my head; only the italics, bold, underlined, main and subheadings catch my attention.

2. At the end of the 5 day test, the text didnt seem familier or inclined towards my purpose. Only the index, heading and highlighted words seem familier. ( so i extended one more 'day 4 and day 5)

I also tried super reading and skittering as if I am purposefully looking for exact info/answers, but it didnt help either.

Should I increase the number of books? (you had recommended 5-10 books) or start with 30-40 pages simple stort stories to get a breakthrough and then move to regular books?

I think I may have to rework over my purpose again. And I guess, the reason for failure in Photoreading the whole mind system is "no appropriate purpose- no comprehension", isnt it?

Thank you..

Stweet

Stweet #83304 06/30/14 05:00 AM

Dont desire to know the book in entirety in the beginning.This is the biggest trap we all fall into!!!!This blocks all our attempts for more activations!!!
After you have Photo read just believe its with you.
Then don't worry too much about getting the right trigger words.Start of getting the trigger words in such a way you pick 20-25 of them from beginning of the text to the end(this is not really necessary once you have learnt how to use photoreading?)
Then once you do your incubation.Set a timer for 20 mins.Then get answers to your trigger words one question at a time.Try to cover the entire book in 1 20 min activation(thats why its recommended to start of with small books-around 200 pages!!!). Then initially you may have to do one more round of going through the entire book,so that you expose the entire book to your conscious mind.After many practices I got clear what i want from the book,now i just do one activation session fro 20 mins covering from the beginning to the end and i am clear what i want from the book or which chapter i need to focus on.I attack chapter wise.Activate chapterwise.get the system first.Let the book gel after many activations .Once you do this enough with enough questions,you will start getting a hang of the system.
My initial hang up was "ohh man so many activations why cant i just read it fully once through?"
then i realised the important of purpose and questions.
The i let go of the need to know it all immediately.That's a big hang up for many of us.Traditional speed reading or general reading trains us to do so...read once through and get hold of the book completely.
But learning comes when you first construct a structure and start filling the parts.Read the forum ,a recent post where Alex speaks of Painting.She has related understanding to painting a picture.Until it comes out fully we really don't know how it all looks.That analogy is great.
Just play,have fun,don't keep telling yourself i'm not getting it, i'm not getting it.That's the reason Learning Strategies don't want us to start of with Text books cause with a text book more or less the purpose is there but we don't understand how to use photo reading.
Each activation session get answers to your questions.then build on it and then then build some more.You will think its cumbersome.Unitl you enjoy it and you will only want to do this cause its really easy and great and real fun.And the best part you can get rid of your books if you want to(either half way or once you read it till it gels you will know it so well that you will never want to read it again!!!! ).
All the best...let go of the belief that you want to know it fully in one or 2 or 4 sessions instead activate until you know it till the level you want to know it(Hope you understand what i mean!!!!).

For 3 -4 books this will be the issue.Do as many activations till you get the book and then see what it is all about!!!!

many times you may fall into normal reading .Don't beat yourself up Notice it ,Observe it,Play with it,go through the photoreading book each session to see what Paul says about supereading and skittering.Refine your skills again and do one more.Then do one more and then do one more...until you know it and see the difference!!!!

Last edited by Adarsh; 06/30/14 05:19 AM.
Stweet #83305 06/30/14 09:22 AM

When people say, no luck with activation I need to know, what was your purpose? What was your purpose for the biography? What did you want to know about that person and how do you see yourself using that information?.

The complete idiot guides, are usually textbooks, and take about 24 hours of reading. So I assume you did activation layers to the equivalent of 5 hours (or 8 hours at 1/3 the time) What was the purpose?

If the book didn't suit your purpose, dump it and find one that does. Once you start trusting your body mind connection you know that the book does or doesn't suit you, and you will activate or dump straight away.

And I often find the purpose is flaky for beginners. Like I want a concept of this book. Riiiiight... Do you know the meaning of concept? If you do you'd know you don't even need to PhotoRead most books for a concept. Just read the table of content - that's a concept of what the book is about.

Then I want to absorb the information in this book. Absorb... and what does a sponge do when it absorbs as much as it can? Nothing but leak a little, and is that what you want to do leak or do you want to do something with that information.

So watch your purpose. Both those work but if people tell me they have got nothing from their activation when they use the word absorb or concept. They are telling me they don't know their purpose. To me absorb, is the PhotoReading step, PhotoRead a book and if that's the extent of your purpose you're don't

Concept is a preview step, Yep once you've previewed the TOC you've got the concept.

Where to from there... well that depends on your purpose.

Without a real purpose your questions won't get you anything.

If you need to know a subject get to know the authors train of thoughts. And guess what? That's explained in the PhotoReading book. Activate that section of the book.

Why what could be your purpose? To learn what an authors train of thought might be, SO THAT I CAN apply it to activation / to my reading / can understand what I'm reading better/ apply what I'm reading to my life.

As for wanting it all in one 20 minute activation layer. The majority cannot even traditionally read the first 20 pages in that time. So how can you expect to be finished within 5 minutes of activation without a purpose.

Yes with traditional reading in 20 minutes you know even less. Even if you activated poorly you know more than you would lingering over the first 20 pages of a book and that's being generous. It takes most people 20 minutes to read 13 pages.

Alex

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved