Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#83625 12/01/14 10:32 AM
Stweet Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello All,

It has been 6 months of sincere efforts to photoreading, but I am not really satisfied with my results. To know if I have really understood the book or to see if I got what I wanted from a book, I try writing down each book I activate.I find this the best way to see how much did I really get from it. But pretty much failed at it every time. Then it struck me that I haven't really thought of what to expect and what not to expect from Photoreading.
All I am aware of at this moment is; it isnt aimed at developing a photographic memory and helps you get answers to your questions. Well, if I dont have just a couple of questions to find answers to, but need to write about the book entirely, will it help me do so? Is this possible with photoreading?

Stweet

I noticed one reoccurring thing that happens with people struggling with photoreading.

I see it happening over and over and over again.

The thing I see happening over and over again with people having problems with photoreading is they have no purpose.

The people struggling have no idea what they want from the book they are trying to activate.

It is kinda of like they expect information from the book to come to them even though they do not know what they want from the book they are trying to activate.

So let us say you have a person trying to learn Photoreading and they photoread but they do not know what they want from the book they are attempting to activate and they do not have a purpose.

Because they have not told their brain what they want from the book they are trying to activate and why they need this information their mind just draws a blank.

If you want information from a book you need to have a purpose.

If you do not have a purpose You will get little to nothing from attempting to do activation without a purpose.

Photoread4me.

I am asking in addition to question of Stweet.

Do we base our purpose from the books on the basis of our goals (short or long) or from our vision (/mission) of our life?

Stweet Offline OP
OP Offline

photoread4me,

We all know 'purpose' drives the process of photoreading, but now this has been so reduntant, it has really started to lose its meaning.

Why would one not have any purpose when he holds a book in his hands? I don't remember when in my life I just turned pages of a book aimlessly. I would rather find it tough to go through a book without a purpose! I verified this by asking 8 more people around me, and they all find this idea of going through a book without a purpose really ridiculous; regardless what technique of reading they employ.
I have crossed that point way back when we just turn pages to see if this system really works or not. I dont do it anymore.

I also do not understand if this is the only factor that determines one's success in photoreading.

Stweet

Stweet,

It has not lost it's meaning.

If you were just reading a fiction novel for pleasure and enjoyment purpose would not be a factor.

But based on your past posts and the type of books and subjects you are attempting to activate purpose is crucial and critical.

For the type of books you are trying to activate the Photoreading system will not work without a purpose.

Photoread4me

What do you want from the book you are trying to activate?

Photoread4me

Stweet,

There have been numerous, plenty of times when people have attempted to activate a book with no purpose. Just do a search on activation and you will see numerous examples of people trying to activate but they do not have a purpose. It happens all the time

Stweet,

Show me one example where a photoreader activated a book with absolutely no purpose, no idea of what they want from a book, no questions they want answered by the author of the book.

You will not find it. You will find some frustrated people who do not understand why activation is not working for them without a purpose.

I will mention this again because we have shared this with you in the past and here we are again addressing the same issue we have already addressed. Photoreading will not work without a purpose. As Paul Scheele the creator of Photoreading has said Purpose is the engine that drives the Photoreading system.

Again, for the type of books you are attempting to activate you must have a purpose. If you do not have a purpose you will not get the results you are seeking and if today or tomorrow or next week or next year or ten years from now it will not change it will be the same you must have a purpose. You say I am being redundant I am not being redundant I am responding to what we have already responded to you previously and here we are again sharing with you what we already shared with you earlier.

If you want success with the Photoreading system have a very clear purpose and good questions that you want answered from the author of the book.

If you want to waste your time and get little to nothing from a book do not have a purpose.

Photoread4me.

Stweet Offline OP
OP Offline

photoread4me,

That is what my point is. Why would one want to go through a book without a purpose;be it fiction or non fiction?

Reading would either be active or passive. But for both of the types, there would always be a purpose unless one is 'acting' or 'pretending' to read.
Fiction books are the best example of the power of purpose! We dont even touch them if we dont have a purpose.

All the books I am currently activating are factual and scientific. Reason to choose them is, forming questions is very easy.

Stweet

Stweet,

People go through a book attempting to activate a book without a purpose because they choose to ignore the steps or processes of the Photoreading system.

Go through the archives of the Forum use Activation as the topic and you will see post after post after post of people who are having problems activating and they do not understand why activation is not working for them.

You need to ask the people who were trying to activate why did they choose to ignore having a purpose.

I am not telling you to activate a book with no purpose I am telling you that purpose is absolutely essential, necessary, required, crucial and critical for you to have a successful activation. Without purpose the Photoreading system will not work.

You seem to have a problem with having a purpose.

Again if you choose not to have a purpose you will not have successful with the Photoreading system and apparently you are having a issue with having a purpose that is why the Photoreading system is not working for you, you are not doing the processes of the system.

Trying to activate a book without a purpose is like trying to drive a car that has no engine or motor.

I suggest you a forum search on Purpose, Mind-Probing questions and activation.

Photoread4me

Last edited by photoread4me; 12/01/14 08:59 PM.

Stweet,

People read fiction books all the time without a purpose. They simply want to enjoy the emotions they get while reading a non-fiction story. It is like going to a movie. People don't go to movies with a purpose they simply want to enjoy the experience. One exception where an individual might have a purpose going to a movie would be a movie critic who is evaluating a movie or film but for the majority of people they simply want to enjoy a story.

But for someone wanting to learn science or mathematics or engineering or biology purpose is absolutely essential and required and the problems you are experiencing have everything to do with you not being clear on your purpose, on you not being clear what you want from the book.

Photoread4me

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved