Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Vin Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi all,

What is meant by "feel love for yourself feeling the feeling"?
This is somewhat confusing to me. Most likely because I don't yet understand the purpose of this exercise. Does it mean to feel motivation or enthusiasm for the fact that you are able to feel your emotions in this way?

Craig

Learning Strategies Admin

No labels. Look for the energy of the feeling. So whatever you feel, love yourself for feeling that. All to often we try to reject what makes us uncomfortable. And it only makes us uncomfortable because we don't allow ourselves to feel.

Chances are you won't get this exercise on the first try. Most need to play with it many times. Someone I know had to play with it often daily for three weeks before he discovered the feeling.

So take it lightly. Follow the prompts a per recording. Avoid naming the feelings and instead notice, and feel them.

Alex

Vin Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks Alex. I'm sure it must get tiresome trying to explain these concepts over and over. I had a couple of insights last night after I posted...

1. I have been practicing qigong on and off for several years. Is it possible that I am making this feeling exercise harder for myself than I should be? Meaning that my mind is taking material that is written for beginners and convincing me that I don't understand it either. Or is this something completely different than being aware of your qi?

2. I am also very familiar with various occult/magical disciplines in which the first step is often gaining control of your body by remaining absolutely motionless while sitting. Holding the asanas/postures of hatha yoga is another example. While doing this, different thoughts, emotions, and energies often run through the mind/body and they usually have to be accepted in order to retain your mental/physical "poise".

Once again I am curious as to whether or not this ABF "feeling" exercise is something that I am already familiar with from a different perspective.

Thanks,
Craig

Quote:

1. I have been practicing qigong on and off for several years. Is it possible that I am making this feeling exercise harder for myself than I should be? Meaning that my mind is taking material that is written for beginners and convincing me that I don't understand it either. Or is this something completely different than being aware of your qi?

Yes to both parts. It's something we are not in the habit of ding, checking in with our selves and noticing our feelings. We get wrapped up with emotions not noticing where they started from. Anger may start as burning at the ears, it becomes our cue that we are angry. Rather than noticing that it's feeling that has heated up at the ears. Without labelling them we can notice the feeling and do something different with that.

It can be likened to the anticipation of going on a roller-coaster for the first time with your parents. Just the little kiddie one. You're jumpy, feeling a sensation in the tummy, in that moment you are "excited". And an adult noticing your nervous excitement says, Don't be anxious, don't be frightened. Now that jumpy sensation in the tummy has a new name, fear, anxiety. Instead of using it as anticipation of something exciting it now becomes something to be afraid of. And yet looking at it closely it's just a feeling.

2. When you do the feeling exercise along with an audio it can be fair to say that the feelings are even more subtle, since we place ourselves into neutral as best we can. So it takes a little longer to notice the feeling, even noticing the feeling associated with, I'm not getting this, what in your body is telling you that? That's a feeling you know. Were in the body is it seated that says, there are no feelings because we cannot have a thought or idea that is not associated with a feeling.

Alex

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved