2.Preview
-Survey the material
-Pull out trigger words
-Review (decide to read or not read)
3.Photoread
-Prepare
-Enter accelerative learning state
-Affirm your concentration,impact,purpose
-As I photoread my concentration is absolute.
-All that I photoread makes a lasting impression on my inner mind and is available to me.
-I desire the information in this book, (book title), to accomplish my purpose of (your purpose)
-Enter the photofocus state
-Maintain a steady state while flipping pages(Turn the pages with chanting one-two-three-four-re-lax…)
-Close the process with closing affirmation
-I acknowledge the feeling I have received from this book.
-I release this information for my body and mind to process
-I am curious as to how many ways my mind and body can demonstrate that this information is available to me.
4.Active (only 20 mins per layer)
-Postviewing (preview + form question)
-Incubate (20mins – 24 hours)
-Probe your mind(ask yourself questions about the book)
-Super read and dip (seek out the section that relate to your purpose and dip in, satisfied, seek another)
-Follow author’s train of thought (problem – main argument – solution choose the one that suit your purpose)
-Create mind map
5.Rapid read
(move from first to last page, read only those information that is new and skip those information that is similar to you, don’t stop a one paragraph for too long, if you don’t understand just keep reading, use with something you want more like textbook or novel, this is optional)

My attitude for photoreading base on this quote

Attitude for photoread
If you want to know what makes it easy for me to PhotoRead it's just attitude. I don't care if it works, I don't care if I don't understand it, I don't care if I get it wrong, I don't care if I miss it the first time, and I certainly don't beat myself up if I realize I missed it the first time. I just know what I want from the time I spend with the book and go for it. To me it's like a little experiment each time. Sometimes I find gems other times play dirt and other times nothing. Just play with it!!!!

With just PhotoReading step you won't have conscious comprehension like you do with traditional reading. You are letting the pre-conscious processor handle the mundane part of understanding and applying what you learned. Just as you did when you were a child and first learned your native language. No one explained grammar you just picked it up.

AlexK

Appreciate any suggestion
Thanks

Learning Strategies Admin

Just be sure that you state your purpose and affirm in the positive. The description is pointing out where my focus is not. Know what you want and be a playful explorer see what you get.

You've memorised the steps. How do you apply them? What is your experience when you apply them?

Alex

OP Offline

I not memoriesd it yet but I open this text along with.

I apply it with the non-fictional books.

This is my experience:
I go through only one layer of activation and I found that I lazy to find trigger words and forming the questions.
I feel sleepy in the activation step.
I get the answers by searching though all of the pages of the book, I can figure it out some of the answers by my old base knowledge.
I don't feel any special at all after using the system.
But the time I spend is less than before because I read only the essential information that relate to my purpose( most of the information will be label in step by step or conclude by the book itself).
I feel something is missing because I don't read the entire book but I tell myself it is fine because I already get the answer for my information.

Thanks

Last edited by iamthefox; 06/09/15 12:41 PM.

Quote:
I go through only one layer of activation and I found that I lazy to find trigger words and forming the questions.

That means you're skipping an important part of the system ... PREPARE. Know your purpose and build your curiosity as to where you can find information that will satisfy you purpose.

Quote:
I feel sleepy in the activation step

That can mean, you need to go to bed sooner and get more sleep. That you're bored and not interested in the subject. Or that you're not drinking enough water and your cognitive skills are suffering.

Quote:
I get the answers by searching though all of the pages of the book, I can figure it out some of the answers by my old base knowledge.
Welcome to the real world. PhotoReading is not magic. it's a step of a system that you can use to improve your reading.

Quote:
I don't feel any special at all after using the system.
Why should you? Did you feel anything special after you learned to eat with a spoon? Or even to read in the first place? What's special?

Quote:
But the time I spend is less than before because I read only the essential information that relate to my purpose( most of the information will be label in step by step or conclude by the book itself).

That's the idea

Quote:
I feel something is missing because I don't read the entire book but I tell myself it is fine because I already get the answer for my information.

That's when you rapid read, learn to trust your internal radar. If you think you're missing something important, spend 20 minutes rapid reading the whole book to locate what you missed. If you didn't miss anything use that as training.

We don't really miss anything because we PhotoRead it. The feeling is from how we learned to read in the first place. Read every work, go back you read that word wrong, read the sentence again. Those are techniques the teacher needed to use to help you learn to read. Once you know how to read you read for meaning, That does not require reading every word, every paragraph in a book. Goodness knows how many novels I've read skipping over the drivel by superreading a paragraph. I know what it was about, I didn't need all that information word for word. I got the picture when I saw it. I could describe the paragraph in my own 3 or 4 words. I haven't missed it because all the words are there on the page and my brilliant brain can perceive the information faster than I can "read" it. And if I've already perceived it by seeing the paragraph, who is going to make me read each word?

Guilt because we were taught to go back and read every word because we skipped one is redundant.

When I was in school quite a few of my classmates skipped reading each of the books altogether, the world didn't end because they missed a few words. Sure they performed poorly in the exams only being able to refer to information that was discussed in class. They had other priorities.

Alex

OP Offline

1.I say I am lazy but I not skip it, sorry to make you confuse.

2.I sleep 8 hours per day and I think I am interested in the subject, but this not exactly happen while I photoreading but everytime I concentrate after few mins pass I will get sleepy.

3.But at first I think photoreading will improve my reading skil more than skimming and finding the answer in the book, or it isn't?

4.hahah that's true, I used to think that photoreading will help me instantly after using it.

5.But I can do this without photoreading?

6.Thanks you sir, that's help me a lot!

PS.Just don't know how to quote like you.

Last edited by iamthefox; 06/10/15 10:09 AM.

1. you only do one activation layer... you're skipping a lot of the system. Do more layers.

2. How long are the activation layers. Drink more water, Have a purpose. Boredom makes you sleepy and without a purpose you're open to boredom.

3. See number one. PhotoReading won't improve if you choose to be lazy.

4. Do more PhotoReading, you can be surprised.

5. Then why haven't you been doing it? With PhotoReading I'm sure you can do it a lot better. See Number one.
Quote:
PS.Just don't know how to quote like you.

Experience smile and it's okay.

Hit reply from the tabs under my message you'll see the advanced reply box. It lets you do more with the message you write. Experiment with it.

I just use the codes in the quick reply box because I know them. wink

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved