Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#84250 07/13/15 03:20 PM
Quinn Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi,

I'm new to FM and would like to know how other people are using it.

It's been 3 weeks since I've been doing it, and my experiences have been all over the place.

Currently I'm in a real downward cycle with it - making people happy is returning odd results - the line from the future doesn't correspond to what happens during my day.

I'm hoping your experiences will help inspire me and rejuvenate my process.

How do you pick the person you're going to make 120% happy? If it's a person you know, do you focus on something in their life to improve?

Has any tried to make a fictional or even imaginary person happy? How does that work?

Who does the 3-day, 3-week and the daily maps? How do you get them all working together?

Many thanks, and warm regards!

Quinn

Hi Quinn,

I'm struggling with the 120% happy part myself. I know in the DVD Masanori talked about making his cancer happy, does that mean I can choose any part of the body happy as well? I'm a bit confused with the point that you can't make yourself happy?

I also have similar Questions as Quinn, the person you choose to make 120% happy do I work on formulating stories around this theme?

I got into the program in July and actually had really amazing results with it, however, consistence is the key for me. I believed I found a solution and a local partner to work with.

Looking forward to report lot of exciting results and questions!

Thank you so much!

Happy Future Maps!

Winnie smile

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Hi Quinn and Winnie!

Many apologies for this very tardy response!

The 120% happy person can be someone from real life, a fictional character, a cartoon character, an animal, a plant or even an “inanimate” object. I’ve spoken with customers who have had great results from just about anything you can imagine. Generally it’s good to use whatever pops into your head first, no matter how ludicrous or odd it seems.

Sometimes, as the story develops the 120% happy entity has morphed into someone else or a group of someones. Just trust the process and let it evolve.

In the live Future Mapping events I have attended it has been some of the most “off the wall” 120% happy characters and subsequent stories that seem to have generated the most profound results. I think one of the challenges with this course is that we are using a right brain process to access and generate left brain solutions. That dichotomy can seem a little disjointed and it’s when we really get into playing with what comes up that we step out of the box and into the creative flow.

Pete Bissonette and I were speaking about this a few weeks ago and we did a video about how important it is to let your “inner child” come out and play. It is posted under the Blog tab on www.learningstrategies.com.

I have also had great results using my Higher Self as my 120% happy person. Sometimes using another person just doesn’t work for me, because it seems as if it’s just another “should” on my already too long “to do” list. I find myself less overwhelmed and much more balanced when my Higher Self is who I’m trying to fulfill.

As far as the time period covered by your Future Mapping charts, the variety and possibilities seem endless. I’ve done a three month map, which I then chunked down to monthly, weekly and daily maps. I’ve also done maps for specific meetings and circumstances that were just a few hours long. I’ve been experimenting with doing Future Maps as a weekly planner with five horizontal segments instead of three.

Another way I’ve been using the maps is as part of a daily or weekly review. I lay the maps out side by side and see the trends, obstacles that came up, challenges that I might have preferred to handle differently, etc. In our Effortless Success Course Jack Canfield makes the statement that “What gets measured gets improved.” I find the completed Future Maps really useful for getting an overview and seeing the trends that are working (or not!). From that place I can discern what changes would be productive and implement them.

For a specific task or challenge, I’ve used the regular three section chart with the headers being variations of the phases of Organizing, Doing and Being (not necessarily in that order).

There are so many possible permutations with this course, but the above are ones I’ve either used effectively myself or received positive feedback about from other people who are using Future Mapping.

All the best to you as you continue to play with your course. Let us know what works for you and we’ll add it to the menu!

Much love,
Wendy

Last edited by Wendy_Greer; 10/14/15 04:44 PM.

Hi Guys,

I know its a bit of an old thread and I'm going to reply anyway.

I did the Future Mapping exercise that Paul Scheeley did with The Big Life last week and am amazed at the results. I had been wanting to try the Direct Learning process for a long time but couldnt seem to set aside the time to actually do the process. I made that my goal for the FM process lead by Paul and chose to make a FM for the next 3 days. At the end of the 3 day time period I had completed the Direct Learning for two different subjects. I was very encouraged to see positive changes in my thoughts and behaviors for both topics I did the Direct Learning on and feel that was a HUGE added bonus to the whole FM experience.

I am now working on creating FM's for just about everything I need to get done that I have been having difficulty getting done or even starting.

Sincerely,
Greg

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved