Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#84806 05/02/16 11:52 PM
OP Offline

Hi folks,

my name's Ryan and I purchased the course a few months ago. I've been having some small successes and a lot of challenges. I meant to join the forum earlier but I kept getting distracted. Anyway, I have a question about breathing.

I've heard of the fourfold breath before but never applied it to aura viewing. I've practiced seeing auras before but I didn't get very far, so I figured this course would give me some in-depth information. I expect to use this forum frequently in the future.

Anyway, I tried the fourfold breath around ten times now. I'm just not detecting any difference, and I usually don't when I try various breathing patterns. So I wonder if I'm just doing something wrong.

There is one breathing pattern that occasionally makes a difference. It's not one that I was taught. I do a daily "chakra tai chi" practice which involves simple rhythmic movements. I exhale while lifting my arms and inhale while lowering them, focusing on the 1st or 2nd chakra. When I'm doing that, I sometimes breathe slowly and force the air out between my pursed lips. I don't count or anything, but sometimes breathing in this way causes my vision to become fuzzy and it seems conducive to seeing energy. Can anyone comment on this?

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Hi Ryan!

For most people, the fourfold breath is a way to access the relaxed state that is ideal for seeing auras. Because you are counting four during the inbreath, the hold, the outbreath and the hold, a lot of people find that purposeful focus a great way to become centered and in a state of present moment awareness, which is where your power to do anything always lies.

I would suggest experimenting a little more with it, at various paces and times of day before deciding that it’s not having an impact. Sometimes simply lengthening or shortening the count will have a huge impact. I find that my pacing varies quite a bit during different sessions.

The above being said, however, if what you are doing works for you I would definitely experiment with that as well. Because you are focusing on the 1st or 2nd chakras, my suspicion is it does the grounding that brings you into the present moment and puts you in a more harmonious and relaxed state, which would definitely be conducive to seeing energy. One concern with this modality is that you might feel a little self-conscious doing it in a public venue when you want to get into an ideal state for gazing. smile

All the best!
Wendy

OP Offline

Thanks for the reply, Wendy. I'm going to try a 3fold breath instead for a while, and play with the "chakra tai chi" (it's actually qigong but that's what the document calls it) breathing as well. I'll let you know how it goes.

OP Offline

I'm not too sure what changed, but I was practicing between 11 and 12 today, holding my hands out in front of me. I started doing the fourfold breath and it was sort of like the illustrations of magnetic fields you see sometimes with lots of thin curving lines between my hands. I was surprised because I didn't seem to be doing anything different and that's about the clearest picture I've ever seen.

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Awesome!

You just never know when things are going to shift. More of that please!

Enjoy!
Wendy

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved