Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
JoeyD Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi,
I was reading in a previous post that using affirmations with the self-esteem supercharger was a good combination and just to '...think about the affirmation while listening'. Does this mean that I wait until the dual voices start and then just continually repeat the affirmation?

After using any of the paraliminals in the normal fashion is it ok to use affirmations during the 20 minute incubation period or should one just refrain from any self-help techniques during this period ?

Also has anyone used or had success with Afformations/Directed questions which I was reading about on: http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000939.html

Thanks in advance

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

No need to wait.

An affirmation is just a statement of intention. It's not necessary to chant them over and over. Just mentally state your purpose for listening (your affirmation). If you want to can repeat it. No need to force it. Allow the conscious mind to let go of it so the nonconscious mind can dot it's work.

Best time to apply afformations would be when you are creating your affirmation

Alex

Hi,

What are afformations? Is it a real english word (hey, non native speaker here! ) or just a typo?

Love, Ange

JoeyD Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks for that Alex

JoeyD Offline OP
OP Offline

Angelina,

Afformations are affirmations posed as a question with 'Why' preceding it, for example:

Affirmation: I'm feel very happy.

Afformation: Why do I feel very happy.

What I have learnt about Afformations is:
When you pose a question or Afformation your mind automatically starts trying to answer why this is true (why do I feel happy) because that is what your mind
naturally does i.e. your mind continually asks questions subconciously. In doing so it has to answer the question and thus makes the thing your asking true. Hope I make sense!

I only learnt about afformations last week and I thought it was a typo too

Here are the links I read about it on which
are referenced in the post I mentioned above:

http://www.afformations.com/whatareafformations.html
http://www.idea-seminars.com/articles/affirm.htm

It would be great to hear from other forum users if they had success with Afformations
especially in conjunction with the Paraliminals.

Joey

I never heard of afformations until now and now that I know about them I think afformations and (image streaming/high think tank) would make an excellent combination.
Cool.

Hi JoeyD,

It does make sense, the whole afformation thing. I think I'll try this one (at home ) I wonder with which paraliminals they'd be best to use... Belief'd be a nice one.
Gee, I learned something new today!!!

Love, Angie

Hi, Angelina. Using afformations with Belief sounds like a brilliant idea. I'm going to try it out shortly.

-Carmelo

Hmm... Well, dictionary.com says "No entry found for afformations" - where is this word coming from?

Joey, whatevery that word is, thanks for the explanation of the meaning - it can definitely be a powerful tool and something we can use to get our confusion/doubt away from our minds in a second - sort of bluffing the mind(?).

DesertSphinx wrote:

Hmm... Well, dictionary.com says "No entry found for afformations" - where is this word coming from?

Afformation is a word that has been invented (for a lack of a better verb) by Noah St. John. I first read about it in his book "Permission to Succeed".

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved