Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#85395 09/24/16 08:25 AM
moshen Offline OP
OP Offline

I am itching to find out more about how to use PhotoReading to memorize a one-hour speech that I need to give soon.

I found a previous thread on this forum, but it ended in a link provided by Paul Scheele that is now dead.

Here is the thread:
https://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=67749

Here is the dead link:
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/...mp;topic=000020

Can someone help either by finding Paul's tip or by answering the question anew?

Thanks so much. I stayed up for hours trying to find an answer to this question!!

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

The topic you're looking for was moved some time ago when the the orininal forum was moved. Or in other words the post was pre 2000 and we are now nearing the end of 2016. The Memory Optimizer came out around the time the forum was updated.

one of the better ways you imrove recall of an hour long speech is to chunk it. one of the popular ways is the rooms or palace technique.

Taking from the Memory Opimizer course one would chunk the speech to connect to ABC anchor list one could connect to 2 or 3 list.

One would memorize it using piggy bank time.

Since you are planning to give the speech... I would be more inclined to first create a mind map. And link the ABC list to that for presenting the speech.

you can photoread the speach often daily however it needs to be remembered that photoreading is not a memory system. It is a reading process.

One also needs to recall that memory is dynanic and recreated every time you call upon a memory. It changes with each recall. If you want to remember something you need to create certain anchors that you can call upon at will with which you can create the memory once again.

The Memory Optimizer course teaches ways of doing this. Ways of using your memory web for remembering.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved