Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#85477 10/09/16 03:42 PM
OP Offline

Hello! I'm a newbie in this course! I'm doing my first experiment with photoreading and I'm not sure I'm doing it well. When I photo focus/ Photo read I don't see the words written on the book, I see them blurry. Is it normal? Thank you!!

Learning Strategies Admin

I recommend revisiting the chapter PhotoReading, in the PhotoReading book. Blurred is fine, it may or may not become sharp.

Alex

Thank you Alex! Is it normal if my eyes have difficulties to stay opened? It is not very confortable for me to fotofocus, it s hurting a little bit. Thanks in advance for your feedback! Val

If it's not comfortable you're probably crossing your eyes. Don't try so hard, just soften your gaze and notice the four corners and pattern of white with the X-technique.

Alex

ok thank you Alex. Much better now.
I have another question. While photoreading is it ok if my mind sometimes wander? I realize that I'm not always focused/concentreated. My eyes are on the page but my mind wander a little bit. Is it ok or do I have 100% focused on the book?
Thank you!

Just bring your mind back to the chant when you notice it. If you intention to PhotoRead then bring it back to the chant.

Yes it is possible to PhotoRead without taking anything in because your mind has switched off with the stray, unconscious, message that this isn't important. So bring your mind back to the chant when you notice it wander.

Alex

ok thanks Alex, it helps!

I have another question. Do you know where I can find Paul blog post about photoreading an ebook?

Also, do you know where I could find very good tips to make sure that I'm photoreading a book. I'm not sure that I'm doing it correctly.

Thank you!

Just use the PhotoReading link on the right hand menu of the blog (that link is in the menu above) you'll find lots of interesting articles relating to using PhotoReading

That takes you to e-devices.

https://www.learningstrategies.com/blog/index.php/archives/102
Alex

ok thank you Alex!
I have another question:
When I photoread articles (short ones) do I have to restart the steps for photoreading (Prepare and Preview?)
Or could I do Prepare and Preview for these differents articles that i have previously selected?
Thank you!

Pile 'em and PhotoRead 'em, in one hit. Usually you have a similar purpose for them. Even if you start with, 'To find out which articles I need to delve (look at) deeper.'

Always restart with "prepare" after a break.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved